Dynadot

Enom .infos appear in accounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
If you log into your enom accounts and paste the following link in you will see any .infos that enom have registered on your behalf.

Clicking through etc will allow you to transfer them into the regular part of your account.

Link http://www.enom.com/domains/DomainManager.asp?tab=RGP

They have been placed in the redemption area of your accounts with a redemption cost of 0 so get them out fast.

I have just done mine in various accounts

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What about the 25 free domains per person? I have more than 25 info domains in that twilight zone RGP, and I'm nervous about the possibility of being charged. I think enom should just cancel these regs ...

•••
armstrong said:
I think enom should just cancel these regs ...

Enom (sipence) shouldn't have registered them on your behalf to begin with.

•••
ExpireGuy said:
Enom (sipence) shouldn't have registered them on your behalf to begin with.

Ditto.

Just checked my NameCheap account, no news over there.

•••
When I try to checkout I get:
There are not enough funds in this account for this transaction

To add money to your account, please go to the Refill Account page.

Ah it may be because it's a reseller account. I pushed one to a retail account and it's ready to grab it when I put a credit card on file.

Now why does a $0.00 charge total need a credit card?

Last edited:
•••
The credit card requirement is a standard feature for checkout systems - even if the cost is 0.00, a lot of them require a credit card to complete.

•••
thanks for the information, JP.

I'm logged into my reseller account and didn't find the domains there.

Do I have to ask the person I got my reseller account from to push those domains to me?

•••
Let me check on some resellers that are under me but I keep my own domains in a retail account which is directly under enom and just push them around when I want to renew.

***UPDATE TO ABOVE***

It does not appear to be the case - I was unable to see any in the redemption area. I wonder if enom only did this with direct accounts.

Ed, have you checked any of your domains to see if they have had the .info reg'd in your name. If so, I would contact your reseller or probably enom cust service direct.

Last edited:
•••
Would be happy to know :)

thanks

•••
i have found .info domains in my redemption corner. when i "purchased" /moved 1 of the domains to my account. i was unable to change nameservers from enom's to mine. and at the top of the domain control panel, it says "This Domain is registered at: Sipence, Inc." instead of the usual "This Domain is registered at: enom"

then i did a google search for Sipence, inc and this is what came out:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2...illion_info_domains_sparking_controversy.html

which i think explains it all.
i guess even if you move these domains to your account, you don't have any control over them.

•••
While you can't change DNS servers, it seems that you can change the DNS settings (A records, cname, mx rec, etc.).

•••
You are still able to push them between accounts - I have just succesfully pushed two of them into accounts that had no link (ie not in the reseller tree) but even doing that I still can't change the nameservers.

•••
armstrong said:
While you can't change DNS servers, it seems that you can change the DNS settings (A records, cname, mx rec, etc.).

yes you are right. but then if it is your domain, then you should be able to change anything you want.

just a thought!

•••
I was able to log into sipence using enom info and see all names regged on 9/28 i was however not able to get them into cart / redemption period

•••
What good are those domains if you can't change nameservers? :(

•••
Um, the most powerful feature of enom is using their own nameservers. Set the A address feature to your server IP and park the domain name onto your server and you are in business in minutes.

However if they are not allowing nameserver changes outside of their own, then this might be a gimmick to prevent transfer elsewhere? I dunno.

•••
It is kind of difficult to do this with over 20 000 domains and only 25/page:)

•••
Dnbuy said:
It is kind of difficult to do this with over 20 000 domains and only 25/page:)

OUCH! try setting it to 100 per page although this feature p*sses me off because it automatically resets to 25 every time.

Can you not do whatever you want to do via a global edit?

•••
ouch

good luck witht he sale

•••
Thanks for the link. eNom regged .info names do appear in my account but are blocked from any kind of edit I try. Global edit threw up this error message:
- Global Edit Request Initiated -
Your Global Edit request has been initiated, however there were some errors:
Could not complete the Global Update request. The number of pending requests may have been exceeded.
It looks to me like registering 1,000,000 .infos is eNom's protest to stop the free promotion registrars from overtaking them in the numbers game. They effectively eliminated 1,000,000 names from being regged by others and added the numbers to their side of the ledger -- at the expense of their customers' and their own reputation! :(

bensontwenty said:
If you log into your enom accounts and paste the following link in you will see any .infos that enom have registered on your behalf.

Clicking through etc will allow you to transfer them into the regular part of your account.

Link http://www.enom.com/domains/DomainManager.asp?tab=RGP

They have been placed in the redemption area of your accounts with a redemption cost of 0 so get them out fast.

I have just done mine in various accounts

•••
Is there any way to get my .INFO from the redemption area without a credit card?

True_Snake

•••
Description Order Type Qty/Years Status Ext Amount
eghetto.info Domain Redemption (Extended RGP) 1 New Not billed
premiersluts.info Domain Redemption (Extended RGP) 1 New Not billed

Interesting... It's not letting me order them either.

•••
True_Snake said:
Is there any way to get my .INFO from the redemption area without a credit card?

True_Snake

I did without credit card info. then again, I don't have a credit card :)

•••
Still not in my list.:(
Waiting....

•••
FULFREE said:
Still not in my list.:(
Waiting....

have you checked if .info extention is still available on your registred domains. because, it shows only the domains that "have" (actually had) .info available.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back