IT.COM

Enom .infos appear in accounts

NameSilo
Watch
If you log into your enom accounts and paste the following link in you will see any .infos that enom have registered on your behalf.

Clicking through etc will allow you to transfer them into the regular part of your account.

Link http://www.enom.com/domains/DomainManager.asp?tab=RGP

They have been placed in the redemption area of your accounts with a redemption cost of 0 so get them out fast.

I have just done mine in various accounts

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Go to your domain contol panel and look under the "promotions" heading and you'll see this:
These domain names are free promotional .info domain names. If you are the registrant, or have the apparent authority of the registrant, you may either 1) "activate" the name or, 2) delete the name or, 3) do nothing. The names are not resolving, which means they are not pointing to any IP address in the DNS.

All the options are free:

Activate
If you choose this option you will proceed through the normal shopping cart and checkout process but you will not be charged for the name. You will confirm that you agree to the registration agreement and then the name will move to the normal paid status listing in your account. After you activate the name, you can push it to any other eNom account, change the whois information set the name server (DNS) information and otherwise use the name like any other .info name. You can even transfer the name to another registrar if you wish.

Delete
If you choose this option the name will be deleted at the registry. After proceeding through the normal ICANN "redemption grace" and "pending delete" periods, the name will go back into the registry's pool of names which are available for registration. If after you delete the name, you change your mind and wish to bring the name back from the redemption grace period (RGP), in effect "un-deleting" the name, you will have to pay the standard RGP fee. If you wish to delete all of the .info promotional names in this account, please contact eNom customer service.

Do Nothing
If you choose this option the name will either be automatically deleted during the 45-day auto-renew grace period after the name expires, or before.

•••
For those who still don't know it, you can now change dns for your free .infos. I also tried pushing them to my sub-accounts, no problem.

Has anyone tried pushing these free .infos to accounts other than their sub-accounts? If yes, then we're all set to sell them :)

•••
webscorpion said:
Has anyone tried pushing these free .infos to accounts other than their sub-accounts? If yes, then we're all set to sell them

bensontwenty said:
You are still able to push them between accounts - I have just succesfully pushed two of them into accounts that had no link (ie not in the reseller tree) but even doing that I still can't change the nameservers.

Yup - you have been able to do that from the get go - haven't tried updating the DNS on them yet but thanks for the info webscorpion

•••
Nice to hear the DNS has been unlocked for these names.

•••
This is such a pain in the ass, I really have a bad feeling about the direction this business is going when companies like enom do something like this..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back