NameSilo

Enom Club Drop Becomes Free

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Enom Club Drop is now free (no monthly charge of 99$/year)

Club Drop is only for enom RESELLERS.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
holy moley! Thanks, kevin.

•••
•••
Thanks for the info :)

I just looked over this Club Drop thing for the first time. I am having problems understanding this eNom Points system.

What is the value of 2 eNom points, like if my reseller is 8.95 and I bid 2 points, what would be my cost for this name if eNom Club Drop catches it?

Sorry if this is a lame ?, Club newbie here :)

Mike

•••
points=$

1pt=1$

8.95 and you bid 2 pts
=total cost of 10.95

•••
Thanks for your time Kevin :)

Anything else important that eNom Club newbies should be aware of or is the rest straight forward?

Mike

•••
Why are they doing it for free now? Perhaps WLS might happen soon?

•••
Or perhaps nobody would pay for a service that almost never wins? Now there is nothing to lose by bidding there. Opens the flood gates for bidders to enter.

•••
One other little ? from the peanut gallery ;)

Is there a way to see what the highest bid is on a particular name you have added to your list?

Like i just added a few names and bid 2 points each, is there a way to see if someone else has bid 10 points on these names?

My list now just shows the Domain and my 2 point bid, yeh, I'm a big spender lol.

Thanks again,

Mike

•••
yes:
Domain | Name Highest Bid | Your Bid

you should see those three coumns (and a delete column) after entering domains to be caught.

•••
Thanks once again Kevin :)

I guess I am high bid, for now...

Mike

•••
I have this strange feeling we may be competing for the exact same domain. Did you bid $30? :D

•••
Nope, wasn't/isn't me :)

Mike

•••
How sucessful is this? Comparable to GoDaddy? Better? Worse?. Seems like there are alot of good names that drop today that have no bids.

Thanks

•••
Enom almost never wins from my experience. Never win big ones... maybe a few little ones.

•••
eNom has a worse snap record than godaddy/wildwest's backorder system from what I have seen in post-drop results.

•••
I thought enom uses domainmonger and used to use stargate's connections as well? Maybe they went to pool instead.

Originally posted by aww
eNom has a worse snap record than godaddy/wildwest's backorder system from what I have seen in post-drop results.

Wow that is pretty bad

•••
•••
Ughh! I am so angry. I bought a subscription out of the blue 2 days ago! Why!?! Why!?!

(at one point, enom club drop caught me many good names, in the last couple of days, caught nothing... I hand reg'd one I was after.)

•••
Enom gets 99$/free I guess. And your bidding levels are going to skyrocket.

•••
checknme you have nothing to lose to ask for a refund or for those funds to be converted back to enom points for domain purchases.

I would keep asking and then ask for your request to be emailed to a supervisor. No respectable company suddenly gives away something and the previous day charged for it without refund.

•••
They covered themselves in the TOS and agreement thing. You can try, but I wouldn't hope for much.

•••
I think you have a case for a refund. You can claim that what you purchased isn't what they delivered, for the simple reason that you paid $99 to join an exclusive club, and now that they opened it up to everyone then it isn't exclusive anymore. If they refuse, then talk to your credit card company. Of course, it would be safer to move your domains first.

•••
Originally posted by kohashi
points=$

1pt=1$

8.95 and you bid 2 pts
=total cost of 10.95

1pt=$1 only if you paid cash. If paid by credit card or paypal, then $1 = .97 pt.

•••
I sent them an email but I think you are right kohashi, they have lawyers who make sure they are covered off in situations like this.

Ughh... lol.... what a week :)

Thanks Armstrong for the position. I plan to make my case on those grounds if they choose not to prorate the fee based on actual "exclusive club" days. Ughh... I was moving all my business there (transfering all names etc) too... :( What a slimey trick.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back