IT.COM

Changes to GoDaddy Appraisal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just went to appraise a domain at GoDaddy.

They're now limiting you to 3 appraisals per day.

At least for those appraisals, they eliminated the comparable sales they used to show.

Discount Domains Club Premium Members get 150 Appraisals per day.

If you want more appraisals, you have to buy one of their plans, which start at $99.99 per month.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hm, I could not do any for a few months, just via Incognito Mode.

•••
•••
Yeah, noticed the same... That sucks... Although I didn't really care about their appraisal values, I did care about seeing past sales to get an idea of potential resale value.

•••
Yes, it's true that you need to be registered with the premium club to have more than 3 ratings per day

•••
Do they still let users see similar sales with the GD Discount Club?

•••
I don't know, I would like to know too

•••
start at $99.99 per month.
When monkeys begin soaring from an unlikely part of my anatomy.
Just play around with different browsers and/or methods. There is somewhat of a workaround but really not worth the effort.

•••
GD appraisal tool was useful due to those comparable sales so that's disappointing. If people have less knowledge about similar domain sales, they obviously tend to register less domains so actually it would be less business for GD and others. Let's hope they change this behavior and show few relevant sales as it will only benefit them and other registrars.

•••
4-5 domains valued and locked for 24 hours....
the apraisal value was a bit useless (dynadot-namecheap value is similar)
but seeing past sales (afternic) to get an reference
It has helped me to have ideas about certain keywords
rip godaddy value ....

•••
I was not even aware that Dynadot and NameCheap have such tools.
Well, there are enough Ways to Bypass their 4-5 Domain Restrictions, but I guess they did this because of the Bots and mass traffic on their Traffic. Recognized that the checked Domains necessarily don't get bought since GD is a **** Registrar.

•••
Hi

guess that's what happens when domainers use something to death.

If you want more appraisals, you have to buy one of their plans, which start at $99.99 per month.

gd saw how folks were becoming dependent on it, so why not put limits and charge a fee.

When monkeys begin soaring from an unlikely part of my anatomy.
Hi

they'll pay to play, and soon you'll see monkey :poop: everywhere :)

imo....

•••
I wonder why GoDaddy removed comparable sales from their appraisals.

GoDaddy still displays comparable sales on their auction landing pages.

•••
Last edited:
•••

At least for those appraisals, they eliminated the comparable sales they used to show.

This is the worst time in the world to do this ,with godaddy looking to be bought out ,they are hoping more people will pay for this service or sign up for ddc. Even though a lot of us have ddc ,the sign in is time consuming ,would rather just google the tool,this will affect sales all over the industry and godaddy itself will be hurt the most. Its obvious this is to juice the numbers to compensate from losing sales to squadhelp and others who are taking share away from gd.

Last edited:
•••
Are they getting bought?
By whom? I thought they would do some M&A deals since they rolled out the marketplace (new) now also in Europe etc.

Heard this the first time.

Thanks
Zotix

•••
I have domain discount club premium and GD Valuations haven't worked for me the last few weeks. It just shows similar names available to register. I do get access also to a bulk GD valuation tool in DN Academy and that is still working but it outputs a xls file and I don't think it includes comps.

•••
I have domain discount club premium and GD Valuations haven't worked for me the last few weeks. It just shows similar names available to register. I do get access also to a bulk GD valuation tool in DN Academy and that is still working but it outputs a xls file and I don't think it includes comps.
That’s exactly the issue which many of us had before this new update came.

Just go in incognito mode, if this doesn’t help then use vpn or 4G / mobile in inkognito

Best
Zotix

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back