Dynadot

EFTY...and SPAM!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
So far this week, 4 enquiries on different names and all SPAM!

Anyone else been receiving the same, or have you previously? Is this just EFTY, or is this a common more wider problem?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Received one inquiry today from approved efty user:
Offer: 0,00

Does Efty really hope I will pay after my trial ends? If I will get the same inquiries from approved sellers then what I will pay for? Efty should block these persons IP addresses and never let them use service again.
If you don't need domain then why you disturb sellers.

5kGFQkr

Last edited:
•••
IMO you can't block all spam without risking blocking legit inquiries. Spammers change their IP address constantly as well. It's all about balance. You wasted more time complaining about it than just moving on after seeing that message initially in your inbox. Just ignore and move on... And you might not like my message but whatever.

•••
I know how frustrating it is to to get excited about receiving an offer or inquiry, only to find out it's bogus.

For us at Efty, the priority is giving our sellers access to all inquiries at any time, rather than unintentionally blocking a legit inquiry that otherwise could have resulted in a sale. For this reason, we even have a "spam" folder just like Gmail offers its users. Here you can see each and every one of the inquiries that were "blocked" by our spam-fighting software. Just like with Gmail, you might find a legit inquiry from there from time to time because the sender's IP or email was previously used for spam, but the inquiry for your domain name was legit.

We always looking for ways in which we can improve this set-up so please never hesitate to email us with examples.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @Doron Vermaat

Is there a way to get rid of all the emails in my spam folder at once, rather than selecting them one-by-one to delete? I'm receiving them at a rate of about 5 to 10 each day, and now there are 1,328 spams currently in that folder. Would like to see a 'select all' feature so I can delete them all at once.

Keep up the nice work with Efty

•••
IMO you can't block all spam without risking blocking legit inquiries. Spammers change their IP address constantly as well. It's all about balance. You wasted more time complaining about it than just moving on after seeing that message initially in your inbox. Just ignore and move on... And you might not like my message but whatever.
All who are new in domain business really wait for offer but when they receive spam fake offers they should be more
I know how frustrating it is to to get excited about receiving an offer or inquiry, only to find out it's bogus.

For us at Efty, the priority is giving our sellers access to all inquiries at any time, rather than unintentionally blocking a legit inquiry that otherwise could have resulted in a sale. For this reason, we even have a "spam" folder just like Gmail offers its users. Here you can see each and every one of the inquiries that were "blocked" by our spam-fighting software. Just like with Gmail, you might find a legit inquiry from there from time to time because the sender's IP or email was previously used for spam, but the inquiry for your domain name was legit.

We always looking for ways in which we can improve this set-up so please never hesitate to email us with examples.
If we will look from the other side then we can see that someone was looking for my domain=)))

•••
Thanks @Doron Vermaat

Is there a way to get rid of all the emails in my spam folder at once, rather than selecting them one-by-one to delete? I'm receiving them at a rate of about 5 to 10 each day, and now there are 1,328 spams currently in that folder. Would like to see a 'select all' feature so I can delete them all at once.

Keep up the nice work with Efty

Currently not but I will see if this is something we can add.

•••
Yikes. Received about 350 spam inquiries on Efty Pro this morning, all from a Russian IP address. Most of them ended up in the Efty Spam folder, but not all of them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back