Efty account being flooded by spam now.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
Seems like I'm full of "info" today. lol

I've been getting my inbox full of spammy emails from these email addresses below all using my @efty account.

What exactly am I paying this for? I thought @Efty had some sort of feature to prevent being spammed or to detect spammy IP's or email addresses? It's the same email addresses it seems. list below.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

What the hell is going on here?
What do you think @Rob Monster ?
@Doron Vermaat

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I've been getting my inbox full of spammy emails from these email addresses below all using my @efty account.

What exactly am I paying this for? I thought @Efty had some sort of feature to prevent being spammed or to detect spammy IP's or email addresses? It's the same email addresses it seems. list below.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

@Doron Vermaat

Sure, they might need a better spam filter.

On the other hand, you would not want them filtering legitimate inquiries.

It is a balance and unfortunately the spam-bots do keep getting smarter.

Since you have most of your domains at Epik now, check this out sometime:

https://registrar.epik.com/offers

It's integrated. It works. And it's free.

CRM-Dashboard.png

•••
Someone's ramping up their spamming, I received five of these today in my email inbox. Email addy's for today's Efty spam are:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

**The strange thing is: I go to my Efty account and check in the 'confirmed' inquiries... and those emails are not showing in there. Nor do they appear in the 'all' inquiries, and also not in the 'spam' inquiries.

So in all three folders that are supposed to show any and every instance of a lander page being filled out... nothing.

The spammers are filling out all the boxes on the landing pages... but it's like they're then using some kind of mask or filter so those inquires come straight to the domain owner's inbox, but bypass our Efty account and don't show up there... ??

•••
Someone's ramping up their spamming, I received five of these today in my email inbox. Email addy's for today's Efty spam are:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

**The strange thing is: I go to my Efty account and check in the 'confirmed' inquiries... and those emails are not showing in there. Nor do they appear in the 'all' inquiries, and also not in the 'spam' inquiries.

So in all three folders that are supposed to show any and every instance of a lander page being filled out... nothing.

The spammers are filling out all the boxes on the landing pages... but it's like they're then using some kind of mask or filter so those inquires come straight to the domain owner's inbox, but bypass our Efty account and don't show up there... ??

interesting. Someone at Efty better respond here because it seems perhaps this is not an isolated incident.

if they care about their business reputation they need to address this pronto if they are even checking their NP's account that is.

I've seen competitors in other industries that target companies like Efty and their software or servers or whatever.

They hire an "Expert" to target a company and cause havoc.

I liken the whole situation to when the biggest shark in the ocean gets cut and is bleeding. The tiny fish that don't go anywhere near the big fish will start to take bites.

all the competitor needs to do is prove that a company's (that they want their customers from) product or service sucks or isn't doing what's promised.

then customers like me complain in a public forum.

and then the company doesn't respond.

and they lose customers.

pretty simple tactic and very successful if executed in stealth mode.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, they might need a better spam filter.

On the other hand, you would not want them filtering legitimate inquiries.

It is a balance and unfortunately the spam-bots do keep getting smarter.

Since you have most of your domains at Epik now, check this out sometime:

https://registrar.epik.com/offers

It's integrated. It works. And it's free.

Show attachment 146103
@Rob Monster why I am not getting any of my domains in this dashboard. Do I need to park all to Epik?

•••
@Rob Monster why I am not getting any of my domains in this dashboard. Do I need to park all to Epik?

It just captures inquiries that come from:

- Epik marketplace
- SSL landers

We are working on ingestion engines, e.g. from Uniregistry legacy CRM. Done soon.

Smart CRM on the way but the journey is very much in progress. And it's free.

•••
Hello,

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

@Doron Vermaat

We had a temporary issue on Saturday with connecting to the API of the company we work with to filter out spammy inquiries. The issue was resolved later in the day, or early Sunday morning, depending on where you are based. My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As Rob states, better to receive some spam than to miss out on a legit inquiry, which is the very reason Efty offers a searchable "inbox" for everything that we label as spam.

•••
Thank you for putting up this thread. Just recently started trying Efty and didn't mark to verify inquires previously. After reading this, I guess I should. In your experiences is it something a reseller should do?
Since I have some experienced Efty users on this thread, how long does it take for a landing page theme to change? I changed my perferred landing page a hour or two ago and it has not changed.

•••
Thank you for putting up this thread. Just recently started trying Efty and didn't mark to verify inquires previously. After reading this, I guess I should. In your experiences is it something a reseller should do?
Since I have some experienced Efty users on this thread, how long does it take for a landing page theme to change? I changed my perferred landing page a hour or two ago and it has not changed.

The default (preferred) landing page is active instantly but is only applied to those domain names that have no other for-sale landing page theme set. So,let's say, you have selected the Fresku or North theme for a domain name in the past and saved that theme for that specific domain, the default theme does NOT override the template for that domain.

I hope this makes sense. You can always email us at [email protected] if you have any questions or need some help getting set up!

•••
Got it. Did a bulk update and escrow integration. Thank you Doron, Rob, and WhoaDomainfor the spam information and assistance.

Last edited:
•••
I did the Bulk update to change the theme to Hong Kong; however, it isn't showing BIN. Maybe it is because I haven't like Escrow.com or Payoneer.

A Buy-It-Now button will only show if you have set up and chosen a payment platform such as Escrow Pay, PayPal or Stripe.

•••
As Rob states, better to receive some spam than to miss out on a legit inquiry, which is the very reason Efty offers a searchable "inbox" for everything that we label as spam.

This is a pretty cool feature.

After noticing the spam filters were doing their job by filtering spam offers, and in essence setting the stage so not to be let down by fake offers, I started to see the value in separating likely spam from legit offers.

Though, a quick observation.

Confirmed inquiries = 0

upload_2020-5-17_14-50-43.png

<<<>>

All inquiries = 0

upload_2020-5-17_14-51-45.png

<<<>>

Spam inquiries = 9

*Notice the difference in a $240 offer opposed to the rest being $XX,XXX offers.

upload_2020-5-17_15-11-27.png

<<<>>

upload_2020-5-17_15-14-58.png

A google search of the phone number provided in the Efty inquiry shows the inquirer is using a similar (longer) variation of the domain they made an offer on.

Also, having seen the movie 300, I wasn't quite sure what to believe when I interpreted the IP location as, "This is Sparta!"

<<<>>

@Doron Vermaat -- seeing how the clients email address was mistakenly designated as spam, and spam inquiries are set to automatically delete after 2 weeks, how can I manually move this inquiry out of spam, and into confirmed inquiries?

Last edited:
•••
Though, a quick observation.

Confirmed inquiries = 0

upload_2020-5-17_14-50-43-png.154700

Well, that was odd.

10 minutes ago, when I posted the above comment. I had 0 confirmed inquiries.

Now, I have 1 confirmed inquiry.

upload_2020-5-17_15-20-13.png

•••
upload_2020-5-17_15-14-58-png.154710

A google search of the phone number provided in the Efty inquiry shows the inquirer is using a similar (longer) variation of the domain they made an offer on.

Also, having seen the movie 300, I wasn't quite sure what to believe when I interpreted the IP location as, "This is Sparta!"

<<<>>

@Doron Vermaat -- seeing how the clients email address was mistakenly designated as spam, and spam inquiries are set to automatically delete after 2 weeks, how can I manually move this inquiry out of spam, and into confirmed inquiries?

More information.

It appears this inquiry was labeled as spam based off the email address.

See what happened upon responding to the email address provided.

upload_2020-5-17_15-51-20.png

Though, since the phone number seems to be legit, it appears this could just be an instance of the buyer mistakenly providing the wrong email address. So, based on not providing a valid email address, I guess it could be understood why this inquiry was flagged.

•••
Well, that was odd.

10 minutes ago, when I posted the above comment. I had 0 confirmed inquiries.

Now, I have 1 confirmed inquiry.

upload_2020-5-17_15-20-13-png.154711

Though, since the phone number seems to be legit, it appears this could just be an instance of the buyer mistakenly providing the wrong email address. So, based on not providing a valid email address, I guess it could be understood why this inquiry was flagged.

I tried responding to the email address for the confirmed inquiry.

But also received a bounce back email delivery notice.

upload_2020-5-17_16-6-21.png

So, not sure if providing an email address that can't receive mail is grounds to an inquiry be automatically labeled as spam, seeing how this one appeared to slip through.

•••
Thanks, @Grilled for the helpful, extensive, and detailed feedback (just like I remember you from the Grilled Jesus Toast days). The main reason we decided to show inquiries to our sellers in a Gmail-like format, in which you can even access everything we label as spam, is exactly for this very reason. Sometimes a legit inquiry or offer is flagged as spam, there are many things that can trigger this, including an incorrect email, an IP that has been abused, or the person's email might be blacklisted somewhere for whatever reason.

Efty is the only domain name sales platform that I am aware of that offers full transparency about what is and what is not being filtered out. Just like you sometimes find emails in your spam inbox in Gmail that aren't actual spam, we feel that no seller should miss out on a legit inquiry that comes in via their marketplace or for-sale landing page.

Your suggestion to move an Inquiry from the Spam inbox to the main inbox makes sense and has been requested before. It's on our radar and hopefully we can get that done in the near future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back