IT.COM

advice Efficient Outbound Marketing Techniques?

NameSilo
Watch

Domaineer1

Established Member
Impact
Anyone know how to outbound market domains efficiently? Right now I am only a one man team and i currently go through the Google search results one by one when the search result looks like it's for a company that might be interested in my domain name. I did this for NewHampshireBroker.com and I still unfortunately haven't sold it yet. Anyone have any tools or techniques to make outbounding go faster? Thanks!

Domaineer1
(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
try zfbot.com, it shows you domains that have similar keywords. I haven't done outbound myself being doing pretty good with passive sales. But I am also looking to start getting more aggressive

•••
try zfbot.com, it shows you domains that have similar keywords. I haven't done outbound myself being doing pretty good with passive sales. But I am also looking to start getting more aggressive
Thanks, I plan on giving it a try once I can pay for their offerings. Thanks :)

•••
Mailchimp and Estibot can be useful tools but probably the best advice is don't waste time on outbound marketing for crap domains. Unless you truly have something of value to offer an end user, why spend the time searching for email addresses, sending emails and getting cursed at for being a squatter? The second tip would be to focus your efforts on quality prospects. For example for a .TV domain, while I could theoretically reach out to any website or social media profile which includes that keyword, that would require a lot more effort and probably be a waste of time. Instead the focus should be on sites or YouTube channels producing significant video content -even better if their profile is keyword TV That increases the odds of some interest as long as the domain I am offering is a clear upgrade and priced reasonably.

•••
Mailchimp and Estibot can be useful tools but probably the best advice is don't waste time on outbound marketing for crap domains. Unless you truly have something of value to offer an end user, why spend the time searching for email addresses, sending emails and getting cursed at for being a squatter? The second tip would be to focus your efforts on quality prospects. For example for a .TV domain, while I could theoretically reach out to any website or social media profile which includes that keyword, that would require a lot more effort and probably be a waste of time. Instead the focus should be on sites or YouTube channels producing significant video content -even better if their profile is keyword TV That increases the odds of some interest as long as the domain I am offering is a clear upgrade and priced reasonably.
Thanks for the tips! What's your opinion on outbounding N/e/w/H/a/m/p/s/h/i/r/e/B/r/o/k/e/r/.com ?

•••
Most real estate agents and brokers are local so my view is that a large city domain is superior to a state domain. New Hampshire is a small state so perhaps for the larger cities there is not much difference. The challenge of outbound is that you are approaching a company which either already has a domain and was not looking for another one or a small operation which just uses a social media profile and sees no need to spend money on a domain. At the right price these obstacles can be overcome but spending time on outbound marketing to sell for $149 may seem like a waste of time.

•••
Most real estate agents and brokers are local so my view is that a large city domain is superior to a state domain. New Hampshire is a small state so perhaps for the larger cities there is not much difference. The challenge of outbound is that you are approaching a company which either already has a domain and was not looking for another one or a small operation which just uses a social media profile and sees no need to spend money on a domain. At the right price these obstacles can be overcome but spending time on outbound marketing to sell for $149 may seem like a waste of time.
Thanks for the insight. It's hard to figure this all out (at least for me) since i can't tell if it's my price, my email, the domain name, the title, etc that's not getting me sales. I think I have a good email now though and I think $149 sounds fair. I think I may go for $251 though although I do admit the $251 is kinda arbitrary, but I have no experience or idea how to price domains yet so I guess I will have to learn as I go. Thanks!

•••
It's hard to figure this all out (at least for me) since i can't tell if it's my price, my email, the domain name, the title, etc that's not getting me sales.

You should check out DNAcademy

•••
You should check out DNAcademy
Thanks, I really shold. I'm a fan of Michael Cyger and I used to watch Domain Sherpa my problem is I can know what domains to buy all I want but at the end of the day I only have a couple bucks and domains I still have to move so I needed to learn how to move my domains rather than look at the other domainers drop big coin I don't have on domains I don't have. I still love the show though! I can't wait to be able to buy domains featured in the show and be a sherpa and get interviewed myself. I also have seen the DNAcademy videos on YouTube but I haven't took the time and watched them. Thanks for reminding me.

Domaineer1
(y)

•••
Many consumers choose to leave out the price in the initial contact to eliminate price from being an issue. If they ask how much and then do not respond your asking price is too much for them. Many end users do not appreciate the cost of acquiring and maintaining a domain portfolio. Their view is often that you paid $10 So why should the pay more than $50? But portfolio turn is so low you need some home runs to pay the bills.

•••
Many consumers choose to leave out the price in the initial contact to eliminate price from being an issue. If they ask how much and then do not respond your asking price is too much for them. Many end users do not appreciate the cost of acquiring and maintaining a domain portfolio. Their view is often that you paid $10 So why should the pay more than $50? But portfolio turn is so low you need some home runs to pay the bills.
Thanks for the info. In my first outbounds I left the price out and would get responses so I think I should go back to that. Thanks!

•••
•••
estibot's lead generator tool can save you some time but you have to have good sales letters and patience.

•••
•••
Thanks, I really shold. I'm a fan of Michael Cyger and I used to watch Domain Sherpa my problem is I can know what domains to buy all I want but at the end of the day I only have a couple bucks and domains I still have to move so I needed to learn how to move my domains rather than look at the other domainers drop big coin I don't have on domains I don't have. I still love the show though! I can't wait to be able to buy domains featured in the show and be a sherpa and get interviewed myself. I also have seen the DNAcademy videos on YouTube but I haven't took the time and watched them. Thanks for reminding me.

I love his shows too. A sad day for the industry when he retired from doing the show, although I still watch it with the new team. They do a good job.

On one show I watched (or maybe it was interacting with Micahel, can't remember) he suggested not needing to buy domain names at all! If you understand the market and how to value and sell domain names, then there are a bazillion domains you can broker that the big dog brokers won't touch becuas they do not have time to work. Contact those owners, ask if you can broker a single domain of theirs, and earn a commission. hustle, as they say.

Anyway, just a thought. Good luck!!!

•••
I love his shows too. A sad day for the industry when he retired from doing the show, although I still watch it with the new team. They do a good job.

On one show I watched (or maybe it was interacting with Micahel, can't remember) he suggested not needing to buy domain names at all! If you understand the market and how to value and sell domain names, then there are a bazillion domains you can broker that the big dog brokers won't touch becuas they do not have time to work. Contact those owners, ask if you can broker a single domain of theirs, and earn a commission. hustle, as they say.

Anyway, just a thought. Good luck!!!
Hey, thanks :) I have been thinking about brokering. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Domaineer1
(y)

•••
Don't forget to be cautious on trademark related issues when doing outbound. To avoid inbound issues:xf.laugh:

•••
Waste of money - @domainshane on twitter sends a list every day for free - Shane is one the best domain minds out there:
https://dsad.com/
Domain Shane on namepros

Last edited:
•••
I agree with @uglydork. Most of the domains you'll find with zfbot are crap, and emailing your domain to owners of crappy domains results in more crap.

If your name is good then people will come to you. Get a @GoDaddy or @Uniregistry landing page up and running. Take offers.

•••
Aeroleads and Woodpeckers are two tools which we use for our outbound marketing process, so with the help of Aeroleads you can fetch the email of the prospects and with woodpecker, you can send bulk emails.

Both are great tools for the outbound marketing effort.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back