Dynadot

strategy My outbound this month

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Happened to try outbound after like months, properly. By properly, I mean, reaching out to the right leads instead of 100s of random leads to get a sale. There were a mix of extensions, length of domains and the number was also good.
Here is more about the outbound and the results:

1) Geo-domains
I had close to 6 geo-domains that I purchased for cheap for $7 or so, per domain. Mostly, there were 2 niches with 3 domains each. I was very sure that I am closing one sale for sure, tonight. I opened YellowPages, types the name of the city (200,000+ population, and a pretty popular niche, even at this time). One of the domains had 19 characters and some others were between 10 and 19.
Reached out to 10 best leads for each of these domains. Took me close to 30 minutes of research to find the domains. Another 10 minutes to register it and then 30 minutes per domain (close to 3 minutes per lead to find the contact and reach out).
Number of domains - 6
Niches: 3
Mails/contact form per domain - 10
Total time investment - 220 minutes
Number of replies - 7
6 said, not interested. 1 agreed for a sale of around $199 and then never replied back.

Followed up with the leads after 3 days, Wednesdays mostly, around 12 pm.
4 replied not interested.

2) .CO domain

Outbound for 30 .CO domains. Most were either 1-word domains, 2-word domains, or brandables.
Mail/domain - 3
Reply received - 5
Time invested - 360 minutes (approx 6 hours)
2 not interested.

1 asked "Explain why your name is better than mine." I explained. It looks like he was not convinced.
1 offered $100 for a domain I wanted $699. Then I thought, since it may expire, let me get rid of it. Said yes. The buyer said can't buy.

3) Brandable domain

Had a few brandable domains in .ORG with a lot of leads. I outbound for 1 of them. Reached out to close to 15 leads for this one.
1 replied that not interested. Only interested in .COM version of the domain.

So that's my experience with outbound after a month. Close to 10 hours of investment with 0 sales. I believe the names were average and I have sold such names earlier. My question is:

1) Has the market changed for outbound or is it the COVID thing?
2) How has your experience been with outbound lately?

Share your comments!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you include the Afternic link as well in the outbound mail?
No, I do not because my intent was not to sell through Afternic and it’s 20% commission, if I could get them to engage with me directly, or just type it in and buy it via my Epik landing page, or my Efty landing page either of which would be no commission, or maybe 9%. It is fine if someone finds the domain by Godaddy/Afternic or one of their many partners ( maybe searching keywords). THAT is why I use them, for more exposure, but I would rather sell it without the commission!

•••
Yesterday i decided to try it for the first time seriously speaking
i sent out over 300 emails for the sale of 5 different domains waiting on replies will let you know if i get any sales Worst part of it is acquiring the emails
Any luck? How much time did it take for you to get those mails?
Any sale yet?

•••
Any sale yet?
a day to get the emails since this time i focused on getting the emails for company higher ups especially marketing 20 emails opened out of 60 no response yet but two look promising they were forwarded to someone else so i think there is potential there

Last edited:
•••
Any sale yet?
the first 300emails were useless info@ emails with no luck what so ever
learned from my mistake and moved on

•••
a day to get the emails since this time i focused on getting the emails for company higher ups especially marketing 20 emails opened out of 60 no response yet but two look promising they were forwarded to someone else so i think there is potential there

What email program do you use to see if emails are opened. I never have used any, but heard about Boomerang, Streak, Mixmax, and Yesware today. Any thoughts?

•••
What email program do you use to see if emails are opened. I never have used any, but heard about Boomerang, Streak, Mixmax, and Yesware today. Any thoughts?
Hubspot is good I think for this one.

•••
@abstractdomainer Could you please recommend a email service to use for sending emails in bulk? I am happy to pay it's fees as long as gives decent delivery rates...

•••
Hey I managed to grab a domain named liveinpennsylvania.com pretty much every other state was taken with this format and has been sold. The thing is I am totally new to domain flipping and this is my second domain i bought the first one was audiofnewyork.com and i haven't got any replies from the dealers of audi in new york after i mailed them and i can't call them as I am from india.I need to know how to find the potential buyers for the liveinpennsylvania.com and how much would it go for?? I need help as I am entirely new to this domain flipping. Thank you

•••
After reading the experience of many of the predecessors above is very good, there is a question: How do you write the subject of outbound mail to attract people to open the mail?

•••
After reading the experience of many of the predecessors above is very good, there is a question: How do you write the subject of outbound mail to attract people to open the mail?
Subject line grader or send check it an online tool will do justice to that

Last edited:
•••
"Domain.com Inquiry!" is what i use

•••
It's not easy to sell domains even when you are proactive. I had a career coach getting mad at me saying if he had 400 names, he wouldn't need a job and why am i not reaching out. This dude think i started yesterday or domaining is easy smh.

I only get decent replies when i do outbound for solid names...like bolt.org or launchup.com etc. But other good brandables or awesome two words don't get much response. I love when buyers come to me. It's best to just market yourself well and also list around for exposure. They can only buy what they see or what they want.

I'm not sure of a solution apart from just learning to buy solid names that will sell.
If a outbound strategy works for you...please share...thanks

•••
Hi, guys
Is this an update for anyone?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back