Dynadot

Ebay hmm. I'm brand new to eBay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rawandy

I love LLL'sEstablished Member
Impact
I was thinking about placing a nice list with domains on ebay.com .

But when i was adding the domains i couldent find a place where i could choose a minimum price, only Reserve price and offcourse minimum bid.

Lets say i'd choose atleast 1$ in bid, and no reserve price, would i be forced to sell them when the auction ends?., I cant risk that!

Hehe, please, any help would be appreciated. Im logged in at ebay right now ;/

Thanks again, hope this isnt in the wrong forum either.

Andy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reserve Price - This is private, only you know the reserve. You can start the auction for $1, but the sale is not binding if the reserve isn't met.

Minimum Bid - This is the price the auction starts at. Everyone can see this. If it is too high nobody will bid and you won't get an idea what people are willing to pay.

I'd recommend starting an auction at $1 and set the reserve at the least you'll take for them.

•••
Thanks Ben!. I just got confused about the word "reserve" i guess. hehe ;).

Andy

•••
yes place a reserve if you're not sure about the value but if you has somthing like money.com you need not worry B-) I rarely have a reserve as it costs too much, It all adds up every month :lol:

Last edited:
•••
Is selling domains on ebay effective? I tried selling a couple with no luck and noticed that most of the domains listed never get sold :(

•••
I have a better thing

make it $1 reserve
make the minimum bid $5 or something...
on trademe.co.nz if you did this you would get featured in the $1 reserve section and basically make it $5 reserve

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
I have a better thing

make it $1 reserve
make the minimum bid $5 or something...
on trademe.co.nz if you did this you would get featured in the $1 reserve section and basically make it $5 reserve

Nice trick maninbuu ;). The problem is mainly that no one see's your item on ebay,atleast not mine, i think its because theres just too many there, and if you want your item to be seen, its simply too expensive, 0.4 there and 5 dollars here, i've always loved the term "free auction" hehe ;).

My counter said 37hits for two days ago on ebay, it still does ;i. Cant sell something without potensial buyers looking at it, kinda sad, paid 14bucks ;#!

Maybe activebids.com could be a active free auction site, who knows ;p.

Thanks for all the replies,
Andy

Hoof said:
Is selling domains on ebay effective? I tried selling a couple with no luck and noticed that most of the domains listed never get sold :(

Atleast not with my experience, but then again, this is my first try at ebay, but its waaaay too expensive, if you ask me. 14$ just for publishing a item with reserve is a bit raw. hehe.

•••
Isnt it
eBay is brand new to me
and not
I'm brand new to eBay?

oh well. everythings been said

•••
Ebay is the ''best'' place for selling domains as you dont have to wait ages to get a offer, Unless the name is bad :D

•••
komp said:
Ebay is the ''best'' place for selling domains as you dont have to wait ages to get a offer, Unless the name is bad :D

Thats if they find your domains first ;P. is my list soo bad? Check it out here; ebay

websoft said:
Isnt it
eBay is brand new to me
and not
I'm brand new to eBay?

Isnt it abit stupid to post such a remark, i feel like your dissing me and my english, maybe it aint always a 100% correct, but i DO belive you understand what i write, next time, try not to comment me on my english, just answer the topic/question if you feel like it, thats my opinion anyway, atleast when it comes to my posts on this forum. Hell, i've seen so many typo's around here that i get dizzy sometimes, but what i dont do is start pointing them out.

And as far as i know, "I'm brand new to ebay" works aswell.

Thanks,
Andy

•••
Remember to keep it "Polite" folks :)

eBay is a good place to sell some domains (Typically those that "stand out in a crowd", don't need eBay to sell), while I know a great many of us have found some gems on eBay for less than we thought they were worth. The one largest drawback to selling is the hefty fees (The .10 listing day of recent was nice :) ) that must be paid whether or not the domain sells (Hello other TDNAM complaint ;) ) so it is always a risk that you'll outprice your market.
Best of luck, and let us know how eBay goes for all :)
-Allan

•••
Personally what I'd do is:

Make a buy it now of what you would be very pleased to get.
Start the auction at half of that with no reserve.

•••
Unless the bin is under £50 its about £5.00 for it.

•••
wow even i didnt know abt the reserve price thing :p we can do that in Namepros.com too right? make a reserve price when selling domains?

•••
unknowngiver said:
we can do that in Namepros.com too right? make a reserve price when selling domains?

Yes you can, but just make sure you state that there's a reserve upfront in your auction. :tu:

•••
You should only sell good domains on ebay. Then the bidding really helps! If you sell a bad domain you'll get $0.01 lol.

•••
microdude431 said:
Only bad thing about Ebay is the fees.

i can agree on that ;p

Andy

•••
Yup, I am working on a website which wil be almost like ebay but it will be free for everyone :) NO frees atall...planning to earn from advertising.... but ya ebay asks for fees cuz they r hell popular :P

•••
unknowngiver said:
Yup, I am working on a website which wil be almost like ebay but it will be free for everyone :) NO frees atall...planning to earn from advertising.... but ya ebay asks for fees cuz they r hell popular :P

Sounds good, msg me the link when its done :).

•••
flare644 said:
Hi i am new to this site what exactly do i do?

This dude should get banned!!!!.

22 posts with that lame line ;s

•••
Must be the hardest site to do a auction site as noone will buy unless there x amount of members, Ebid for example 10000s of members and its still dead, SO good luck.

•••
komp said:
Must be the hardest site to do a auction site as noone will buy unless there x amount of members, Ebid for example 10000s of members and its still dead, SO good luck.

Same as im saying :>. And besides, its too f****** expensive aswell

Andy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back