Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adding a Bank Transfer option is actually something we're currently working on for this year! At the moment, there will be a higher minimum Payout amount as the fees for Bank Transfer are usually significantly higher, but we have looked into allowing smaller payouts provided the user pays the transfer fee. It is still something we're workshopping though so nothing is set in stone, but I'll update our main thread here once we've come up with a system we think is fair to both the users and us.

(Also, I sent you a DM regarding the 17 day sale, as I'd like to take a look and see what happened/fix any issues as we should credit your account within 6-10 days)

Thanks, just sent you a PM.

•••
I think, cents in the price on landers are absolutely not needed, for prices that are set without cents.
Alternatively, they can be made smaller.
There are enough progressive domain selling platforms in the world that have realized that extra digits only interfere with the perception of the price. It was Dynadot's turn to do it!:xf.smile:
Show attachment 241927
Duly noted! I saw that suggestion in another post as well so I see that this may be a something we need to address! I've let our team know so it is added to our discussion.

•••
New registered domains on Dynadot that are listed on afternic are not showed on godaddy neither on afternic partners search results !!!

Last edited:
•••
New registered domains on Dynadot that are listed on afternic are not showed on godaddy neither on afternic partners search results !!!
If the domain is truly freshly registered, that is most likely due to the domains having their transfer lock on it still! Since Afternic Requires being able to transfer the domain out to another registrar potentially, you cannot link your domain using Fast Transfer or LFS with Afternic until the initial 60 day transfer lock runs its course.

•••
you cannot link your domain using Fast Transfer or LFS with Afternic until the initial 60 day transfer lock runs its course
And, by the way, 60 days is an ICANN thing - so it is not applicable to CC tlds. Earlier in this thread, it was confirmed that .ai (Anguilla) domains are not subject to 60 days locks. I was successfully able to activate SedoMLS fast transfer on older .ai domains, but received 60 days error trying to activate it for fresh ones [Dynadot system responded with this status to Sedo after my attempt to enable fast transfer]. Not a critical issue, but Dynadot might want to check the afternic/sedomls setup tld by tld. Actually I was surprised that .ai is now supported by Sedo for fast transfer at all (only @ Sedo, not Afternic) - so it is something Dynadot might not yet have need to look into...

Last edited:
•••
I'm not asking for a binding statement, just your opinion: based on your past experience, how long does it take - at the latest - for a check to arrive in Europe?
1 month?
3 months?
More?
Sorry for the late response here, was doing some digging to find a decent answer for you. The absolute longest we've seen a check be delivered to Europe is around 2 months, however we haven't seen anything that long for a long while. Typically it takes up to/around 1 month. Hope that helps!

•••
Sorry for the late response here, was doing some digging to find a decent answer for you. The absolute longest we've seen a check be delivered to Europe is around 2 months, however we haven't seen anything that long for a long while. Typically it takes up to/around 1 month. Hope that helps!
It helps so much that now I'm going to put my jewels on sale again on Dynadot's aftermarket.
Thanks Caleb!

Just my opinion: Paypal is increasingly becoming untrustworthy, with them blocking accounts and keeping the funds without giving explanations.

1.png

The more people realize it, the more payout options will become one of the decisive criteria in order to choose which marketplaces to use and which ones to avoid.
For example, one of your major marketplace competitors offers only Paypal as payout option, which means that if someone's Paypal account gets blocked, their funds can only be re-invested within that registrar. No way out.

Just a subtle invitation to consider adding bank wires as payout option :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Any current transfer coupon codes?

•••
•••
@calebdynadot (glad to have you as account manager) a reminder, that i had send to support, would be great to have direct sedo implementation like you do with afternic via dynadot control panel.

thx!

•••
(glad to have you as account manager) a reminder, that i had send to support, would be great to have direct sedo implementation like you do with afternic via dynadot control panel.

thx!
Implementing the direct Sedo Listing is something we have looked at adding, however I don't think we've got the ball rolling just yet for it. When/if we do add it, I'll make post here showing how to link it just as I did with the Afternic LFS!

•••
Implementing the direct Sedo Listing is something we have looked at adding, however I don't think we've got the ball rolling just yet for it. When/if we do add it, I'll make post here showing how to link it just as I did with the Afternic LFS!
Thanks for reply!
sedo has the option for owner id to add to registrar's account so can list directly sedo and at mls as well. Hexonet has it many years now!
But what would be revolutionary (had write in the chat with support and i think they forwarded to technical team)
is to have the key feature to list at both mls and lfs and in order to not sell twice and have problems, when mls activated and name reserved to close automatically the lfs listing and the opposite.

Thanks agian

•••
Thanks for reply!
sedo has the option for owner id to add to registrar's account so can list directly sedo and at mls as well. Hexonet has it many years now!
But what would be revolutionary (had write in the chat with support and i think they forwarded to technical team)
is to have the key feature to list at both mls and lfs and in order to not sell twice and have problems, when mls activated and name reserved to close automatically the lfs listing and the opposite.

Thanks agian
Appreciate the suggestion! I'll see if we can check into how Hexonet does it as that might be an easier way to do it.

•••
Appreciate the suggestion! I'll see if we can check into how Hexonet does it as that might be an easier way to do it.
You know business is more and more difficult for investors, all registries increase renewal pricing year by year, global economy unstable, so all we have to increase sales is technology for better and safer exposure

•••
Before the website upgrade, it was possible to bulk accept incoming account changes. That doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

•••
Before the website upgrade, it was possible to bulk accept incoming account changes. That doesn't seem to be possible anymore.
Incoming pushes you mean?

•••
Incoming pushes you mean?
Yes. It is not a big problem, but it was quite convenient to bulk accept many incoming pushes if you had purchased many domains from another investor.

•••
Yes. It is not a big problem, but it was quite convenient to bulk accept many incoming pushes if you had purchased many domains from another investor.
hmmm i am quite sure i accepted about 5 from another account i own at once 10 days before, do not know if something changed last days

•••
hmmm i am quite sure i accepted about 5 from another account i own at once 10 days before, do not know if something changed last days
I only noticed it today when I had to accept 6 incoming pushes. There used to be an "Accept All" button or something like that, but I could not see it today.

•••
It looks like adding that button into the new design got looked over, but I've let our engineers know and they are working on putting it in as we speak! Thanks for letting me know!

•••
@calebdynadot another one case, found it as i pushed 2 names to sedo today.
In order for account change need to unlock the account, till recently after the unlock of account page went back to name in order to continue with push. Now goes to a page to unlock and then need to start over again searching the name.

•••
@calebdynadot another one case, found it as i pushed 2 names to sedo today.
In order for account change need to unlock the account, till recently after the unlock of account page went back to name in order to continue with push. Now goes to a page to unlock and then need to start over again searching the name.
Ah I see so it just sends you back to the manage domains page. I'll check with our engineers to see if we can have that changed!

•••
Ah I see so it just sends you back to the manage domains page. I'll check with our engineers to see if we can have that changed!
It stalls to the account lack etc status page and need to go to menu.
Imagien if you need to unlock 20 names to push to another account, need to go back after accoutn unlock, recheck all 20, unlock names etc etc

•••
Now it is impossible to transfer out an expired domain, Dynadot wants me to "unlock the domain first" to get the code but when I try to unlock it says "This domain is expired. You must renew it before you can unlock it.". Really, Dynadot?

•••
Now it is impossible to transfer out an expired domain, Dynadot wants me to "unlock the domain first" to get the code but when I try to unlock it says "This domain is expired. You must renew it before you can unlock it.". Really, Dynadot?
Was always impossible there
You can renew with normal fee till 30th day of expiration and plus $10 between 31 and 40

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back