IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe that Caleb is or was traveling. He's usually good about responding.
I had not considered it might be vacation time...wish I could get one! Yes, he usually is pretty quick at responding.

•••
I've moved many dozens of names to your for sale landing pages and I've notice that when checking the names a day or two after moving (giving plenty of time for the system to update) some names take take a while to load (10+ seconds...some 20).

Just curious why there is a delay sometimes?
When I first used the Dynadot landers, there seemed to be an issue with slow loading. Now, for me, the landers seem to be immediately visible.

I wonder if this is related to their upfront use of cloudflare? It seemed that they were requiring the check for a secure connection before accessing the Dynadot landers.

•••
When I first used the Dynadot landers, there seemed to be an issue with slow loading. Now, for me, the landers seem to be immediately visible.

I wonder if this is related to their upfront use of cloudflare? It seemed that they were requiring the check for a secure connection before accessing the Dynadot landers.
I too wondered about cloudfare...maybe the system is in a 'stealth' mode and the check is going on without having to use the check box?

It hasn't slowed me down from changing landers...now I'm up to a couple hundred moved over. I feel like Dynadot will work out well...as long as they are not snapped up.

•••
I too wondered about cloudfare...maybe the system is in a 'stealth' mode and the check is going on without having to use the check box?
Sounds like a possibility? Maybe Caleb can provide more insight.

One curious issue came up tonight. The Dynadot landers were doing great until I also added Sedo MLS to my portfolio. Now, the landers indicate the warning that there is not a secure connection. Upon clicking to proceed, the usual landers show up.

This change happened immediately after using the Dynadot registrar linking feature to add the Sedo MLS listings. Dynadot customer service has generated a ticket to address this. It sounds like it's not the first time a customer has raised this issue.

Last edited:
•••

One curious issue came up tonight. The Dynadot landers were doing great until I also added Sedo MLS to my portfolio. Now, the landers indicate the warning that there is not a secure connection. Upon clicking to proceed, the usual landers show up.

This change happened immediately after using the Dynadot registrar linking feature to add the Sedo MLS listings. Dynadot customer service has generated a ticket to address this. It sounds like it's not the first time a customer has raised this issue.
As an undate, this apparent SSL issue seems to be resolved today on the Dynadot landers. An open ticket with customer support is being processed.

Preliminarily, they state it has nothing to do with adding the Sedo MLS through their registrar-direct listing feature. Clearly, though, something changed immediately with the way my Dynadot landers were performing when I added the MLS. So, we'll see what they figure out.

•••
@Dynadot @Caleb Tweed I'd like to make a request that you increase the Dynadot Bulk Search limits to 1,500 per batch (rather than the current 1,000). Perhaps only for logged in users. Thank you

Last edited:
•••
Note that the use of the Sedo MLS Dynadot direct listing feature seems nice. However, there are two issues with the listings this way.

1) If BIN is only intended: My Dynadot lander and registrar-direct Sedo listings were BIN only--or so I thought. When signing into Sedo, I noticed that BIN AND minimum offer on Sedo were be presented on my portfolio there. Is there a way to make certain the Sedo listing placed through Dynadot is BIN only?

2) When removing the Sedo MLS connection on the Dynadot panel, the Sedo listings placed through Dynadot were still active when checking on Sedo's site. Perhaps it would be helpful to have a button that removes all of the listings on Sedo AND the Sedo MLS connection at the same time.

Note that my removal was promped by an unwelcome surprise .Sadly, I found tonight new Dan unauthorized listings. I had recently readded the Sedo MLS feature through Dynadot. While perhaps unrelated, I did decide to remove the SedoMLS (or any Sedo, for that matter), while I sort out what's going on with these new rogue listings.

Last edited:
•••
Hey everyone, back in office now from attending Cloudfest in Germany! (for the next two weeks at least, then I'm on the road again)

I'll be going through the responses of the past week as best I can, please let me know if I missed anything!

-Caleb

Also, .NETs are currently $3.49 until 3/29 23:59 EDT!

•••
He and I both repeatedly clicked the 'make offer' button so an offer could be entered until we realized digits had to be entered where the 0.00 is displayed. With no prompt, it is not clear than numbers need to be typed where the 0.00 is shown.

How about moving up (maybe increase font size a little) the 'Make an offer' and just underneath in lower case add something like 'enter offer amount above'. Or, just under the 0.00 put 'enter offer amount above'.
I'll see if we can take that into consideration! I know we're making a concerted effort to give it a 'clean' look without too much going on, but I suppose if that impedes use then it might be better to add something like that. I'll bring it up with the design team!
ADD: Overnight I had a few non-domaining people comment on some landing pages I moved to Dynadot (about 10 total were asked to look at pages). One of the 3 thought the trust rating was mine and asked why I had it displayed since it was only a 4. The other 2 knew it was associated with Dynadot and asked if I could move/remove it.

The rating 4.2 is the equivalent of a mid B rating or a 3.0 in education grading. I know it is a unjustified rating as I spent some time looking at those that gave a 1 because they were frustrated...a couple of times due to their own misunderstanding.

Hopefully everyone here that uses and likes Dynadot will take every opportunity to help get the number back up by rating their excellent experience(s).
Hmm I see how that could be confusing, I'd mentioned before that we had that up there so show at least some sort of validity to users who may have not heard of our site before, maybe we can put a little 'Dynadot' notch above it or something.

•••

It hasn't slowed me down from changing landers...now I'm up to a couple hundred moved over. I feel like Dynadot will work out well...as long as they are not snapped up.
Was the slow loading from when the domain was set to the Name Servers and it took a while to propagate? Or was it just slow loading time when you actually went to the site itself?

•••

Would you be able to DM me the ticket in question? The lander and SedoMLS really shouldn't have anything to do with each other that would cause something like that, but if you do see it pop up fairly frequently I'll definitely have this investigated!

EDIT: Ah my bad, I didn't see your comment underneath, but please DM me the ticket regardless as I'd like to check into this myself. Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot @Caleb Tweed I'd like to make a request that you increase the Dynadot Bulk Search limits to 1,500 per batch (rather than the current 1,000). Perhaps only for logged in users. Thank you
I'm not sure how much extra stress that would cause on the servers, but I can certainly bring it up if we can increase the search size!

•••
Note that the use of the Sedo MLS Dynadot direct listing feature seems nice. However, there are two issues with the listings this way.

1) If BIN is only intended: My Dynadot lander and registrar-direct Sedo listings were BIN only--or so I thought. When signing into Sedo, I noticed that BIN AND minimum offer on Sedo were be presented on my portfolio there. Is there a way to make certain the Sedo listing placed through Dynadot is BIN only?
Hmm from my understanding it SHOULD be BIN only if listed from our side, however maybe Sedo makes it that automatically when listed this way...let me check into that.
2) When removing the Sedo MLS connection on the Dynadot panel, the Sedo listings placed through Dynadot were still active when checking on Sedo's site. Perhaps it would be helpful to have a button that removes all of the listings on Sedo AND the Sedo MLS connection at the same time.
I think that should be possible to add an extra button that says "delete all Sedo listings in this account" or something to that effect/more eloquent, let me check with our team!

Last edited:
•••
Was the slow loading from when the domain was set to the Name Servers and it took a while to propagate? Or was it just slow loading time when you actually went to the site itself?
I think we were having an exchange about going to names parked at Dynadot...at one time, the cloudfare check popped up every time I would visit a name (or the site itself).

Now it does not always require a check when going to a parked name, whether it had ever been visited or not (pulling from previous visit via cache).

I've since noticed at another registrar that has started using cloudfare that theirs does not always require a check...maybe my IP is being whitelisted on some level.

•••
I think we were having an exchange about going to names parked at Dynadot...at one time, the cloudfare check popped up every time I would visit a name (or the site itself).

Now it does not always require a check when going to a parked name, whether it had ever been visited or not (pulling from previous visit via cache).

I've since noticed at another registrar that has started using cloudfare that theirs does not always require a check...maybe my IP is being whitelisted on some level.
That's an interesting possibility. I no longer see the cloudflare check before going to the Dynadot lander.
Would you be able to DM me the ticket in question? The lander and SedoMLS really shouldn't have anything to do with each other that would cause something like that, but if you do see it pop up fairly frequently I'll definitely have this investigated!
The good news is that I retested this after adding domains to Sedo MLS and no SSL issues were showing up this time. The landers are functioning normally. I did DM the previous support ticket.

•••
I'm not sure how much extra stress that would cause on the servers, but I can certainly bring it up if we can increase the search size!

Thanks appreciate it.

On another note: within my domain listings, i can set certain columns to appear. One of these is called "Whois Stats". Numbers then appear 23/23, 30/30, etc. What do these numbers represent?

I'd like to request that the HitCounts be added to the columns (optionally via checkbox like the other items). Currently I am required to go into each name separately to see Hit Counts and then use the drop down to see 7 or 30 day views. Very cumbersome to do one at a time. Would be great to see in a long list (a 7 day avg for example)

•••
Please fix the landing page layout when using the installment option. The buttons stick to each other and are of different sizes.
1711904157913.png

•••
Any new .com coupon code for April? March's NEWCOM24 expired last night.

•••
Thanks appreciate it.

On another note: within my domain listings, i can set certain columns to appear. One of these is called "Whois Stats". Numbers then appear 23/23, 30/30, etc. What do these numbers represent?
So these are the Whois searches in the last 30/180 days!
I'd like to request that the HitCounts be added to the columns (optionally via checkbox like the other items). Currently I am required to go into each name separately to see Hit Counts and then use the drop down to see 7 or 30 day views. Very cumbersome to do one at a time. Would be great to see in a long list (a 7 day avg for example)
Not a bad idea, I'll see what we can do!

•••
Any new .com coupon code for April? March's NEWCOM24 expired last night.
I don't think we're having one for this month sorry! I'll update this if that changes.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Dynadot i have a question.
I was tracking few domains your expired auctions.
I noticed after no bids the domain goes to closeout, right?
15 to 20 days after closeout i receive a email by dynadot this domain dropping in 5 days ok.
For example 5 domains going to drop in five (5) days, then why i received only three domains notification email by dynadot not all five?

•••
Dynadot i have a question.
I was tracking few domains your expired auctions.
I noticed after no bids the domain goes to closeout, right?
15 to 20 days after closeout i receive a email by dynadot this domain dropping in 5 days ok.
For example 5 domains going to drop in five (5) days, then why i received only three domains notification email by dynadot not all five?
So this could vary why we wouldn't have sent an email, such as the domain may have been restored by the original registrant. If you'd like, please DM me the domains in question and I can tell you what happened to them!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back