Domain Empire

Dynadot expired auction issue

NameSilo
Watch

Restricted (Market)
Impact
I recently was the highest bidder for a domain on Dynadot auctions. About 24 hours after the auction ended I submitted a payment. About 48 hours after I got an email that the order was canceled.

Dynadot's system for whatever reason didn't process the payment when I contacted support they couldn't even see the charge attempted. I'm not sure what happened but there was a glitch in the system that was not my fault. And I offered to redo the payment but they wouldn't let me. So now I didn't get my domain and can no longer use their auctions even though I did everything I was supposed to do. I've spent about $1000 in several auctions over the last couple of months without issues but apparently that counts for nothing. And support basically said I was lying about submitting a payment. That's horrible way to treat a customer especially one who has spent as much as I have.

So I'll be moving my domains out of dynadot now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Ryan, so sorry you experienced this. Can you PM so I can try to dig deeper on what happened? Perhaps we missed something in our initial review.

•••
Interesting ....... 😂

I bid in the auction for this name and I believe I lost to the person who started that thread you referenced. Couple of days later, the name appeared in my account with less than the usual 72 hours to pay for it (I think). I paid for it.

If your payment doesn't come through within the stipulated time, I guess your auction win is cancelled and name offered to the 'runner up'. That's what happened in this scenario.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/weird-negotiation-on-sedo.1174641/page-2#post-7612133

Hi Ryan,

Pls, DM me as regards this name (if you still want it), and let's see what we can do together.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back