Dynadot

Dynadot: Nothing but problems... & apparently they don't want your business

NameSilo
Watch

King

Investor & CreatorTop Member
Impact
I first joined @Dynadot & made a $400 order, it got canceled because a pricing error from their side, I said ok no problem refund the payment, they said the payment would be refunded to the original card used for payment in about 3 days. 1 week later nothing was received, I went back to support & they said they "accidentally" refunded it to account prepay credit. Then after another half week, I finally received the money. At that point, I was thinking of not using them anymore until I saw they had an auction system. Won my first domain, reinput my info & set to use the card for future auction payments. So I won another since I was busy I didn't check my email/website to see if I won or not & assumed my card would be charged since it was attached to my account. Well it dropped because my card wasn't charged (I really wanted that domain!) Didn't worry about it & I proceeded to bid on more, won another & again was busy so I didn't check in frequently & again it dropped too & now I am banned from bidding on domains! Apparently my card wasn't set to auto-pay after chatting with support again, the person (it doesn't show the name of the rep or anything just "Dynadot" with a stock image, pretty unprofessional & sketchy IMO) didn't really seem to care. I expected her/him to unban me for the little issue but just said: "Any other questions?" so I replied, "I guess you don't want my business" & they just ended the chat... So I guess they don't. Shame.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm sorry to hear about this situation and your experience with our support team. Could you please PM us your Dynadot username so we could take a further look into that?

Unfortunately as we need authorization to charge a card automatically the auction orders must be paid manually if auto-payments haven't been enabled, and due to time constraints the auction orders are cancelled at the end of the payment window if no payment has been received. Unfortunately it's only very rarely possible for us to reverse the cancellation of those orders.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back