Dynadot

Dynadot, expiration flag, and redemption

NameSilo
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys,

Do you think Dynadot should remove its 38th day's expiration flag and still allow domainers to renew at regular price or transfer the domains?

Reasons

- Economic recession, many of us who are holding thousands of domains have challenges to renew them on time

As a popular registrar, Dynadot should perform more resilient to adjust its rigid policy to fulfill customers need and economic situation.

Don't you agree?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
they charge extra at day 30. to renew.

u can transfer out upto 38.. no extra cost..which is more than most registrars...

we can wish they drop fees but they won't. recession or not.

I only wish they removed that stupid flag after expiry.. so i dont have to email them 50 times a year

but anyway sav is cheaper.. I got 900 names consolidated there.. only 100 left at dyna. sav has issues so do all . but it's best for me..prices ..love ui... etc

•••
Dynadot is more than generous with their renewal fees and policies. 30 days without penalty is more than most.

•••
Dynadot is more than generous with their renewal fees and policies. 30 days without penalty is more than most.

generous isn't.same as best. so no.dyna does not have best renew price.... and charging 10usd to renew after 30 days is Greed and ripoff ... rarely seen elsewhere. but u be u and go right on and call greed as generous.

•••
@Dynadot

could you please waive the late fee or remove the expiration flag?

I sold a few names at $10 each, and now there are flags, my sales cannot happen...

Why do you add the expiration flag, what's the points? it will not increase the income, but will lead to a Lose-Lose situation.

Last edited:
•••
I think domainers should renew at regular price or transfer domains within whatever time is allocated by the registrar within the paid lease period.

+1 to Dynadot, and any other registrar, for allowing a few weeks, a month, whatever, after the domainer has been irresponsible enough not to manage their investments in a timely fashion, to reclaim what is actually no longer yours.

•••
I think domainers should renew at regular price or transfer domains within whatever time is allocated by the registrar within the paid lease period.

+1 to Dynadot, and any other registrar, for allowing a few weeks, a month, whatever, after the domainer has been irresponsible enough not to manage their investments in a timely fashion, to reclaim what is actually no longer yours.

isn't there icann rule that obligates all registrars to let us transfer out after expiry..or renew.. if so.. what is the min icann number days? after which they can do what they want.. for instance
... 1and1 has 10 days to renew and zero to get it.out.. epik 15 renew and tranafer if i recall... gd should be around max 40 to renew and out
..dyna about same to get out and the greed fee to renew after 30... etc etc..so seems all registrars allow some time..anyone knows if its icann law... ?

•••
If a registrar has cheap pricing (including retail pricing, saying nothing about "bulk" or "superbulk" dynadot pricing) - it is not surprising that they are looking for extra income streams, such as expired restoration fee or reselling of expired domains.

In Dynadot case there is also local marketplace which may be helpful:

1. mark the soon-to-expire domain in question "not to renew" (to avoid a bunch of email reminders). Assuming that you actually do not want to renew it (or you can/should renew before expiration).

2. add it to the dynadot marketplace ($10, $20, whatever)

3. relax and forget. other domain investors will find the listing, and soon. Setting dynadot forsale page is optional, but may be helpful.

4. if the domain is sold - dynadot wil instantly transfer it and credit the sellers account (dynadot balance)

If you did not add said liquidation domain to dan/sedo/afternic - somebody else will, as folks do periodically scan marketplaces and add cheap BIN domains to said venues as theirs (without purchasing it yet). So, the last step would be adding the domain in question to sedo, dan and afternic - better setting it makeoffer to avoid duplicate sales...

This scheme should work with any registrar operating own marketplace - Dynadot and NameSilo at least, maybe also Porkbun and NameCheap. Which imo is an exact reason why unexpected deals in 2 figures - low 3 figures ranges can sometimes be found on registrar-powered marketplaces...

Last edited:
•••
day 37 and they wont let me unlock... annoying.. any rep can help please?

I am a pretty good customer of theirs and do lots of backorders

Last edited:
•••
nevermind.. the lovely chat rep agreed to unlock it (so there might be some discretion afterall.. ) but apparently there is a discrepancy between actual days and what is showing in our user interface.

in all fairness DD are pretty good to let it run so long..

Last edited:
•••
If a registrar has cheap pricing (including retail pricing, saying nothing about "bulk" or "superbulk" dynadot pricing) - it is not surprising that they are looking for extra income streams, such as expired restoration fee or reselling of expired domains.

In Dynadot case there is also local marketplace which may be helpful:

1. mark the soon-to-expire domain in question "not to renew" (to avoid a bunch of email reminders). Assuming that you actually do not want to renew it (or you can/should renew before expiration).

2. add it to the dynadot marketplace ($10, $20, whatever)

3. relax and forget. other domain investors will find the listing, and soon. Setting dynadot forsale page is optional, but may be helpful.

4. if the domain is sold - dynadot wil instantly transfer it and credit the sellers account (dynadot balance)

If you did not add said liquidation domain to dan/sedo/afternic - somebody else will, as folks do periodically scan marketplaces and add cheap BIN domains to said venues as theirs (without purchasing it yet). So, the last step would be adding the domain in question to sedo, dan and afternic - better setting it makeoffer to avoid duplicate sales...

This scheme should work with any registrar operating own marketplace - Dynadot and NameSilo at least, maybe also Porkbun and NameCheap. Which imo is an exact reason why unexpected deals in 2 figures - low 3 figures ranges can sometimes be found on registrar-powered marketplaces...

u must be trying.to be funny dyna prices are barely average

•••
Before September 2022:

if I am not mistaken -

/Superbulk/ .com renewal @ dyna: $8.99

/discount domain club/ .com renewal @ godaddy: $9.03 (=$8.85+0.18 icann fee)

verisign charges registrars $8.39 + icann fee

And, Dynadot does not surcharge for credit or debit cards, nor does GoDaddy. So it is possible to use cards offering cashback.

Both are acceptable imo.
dyna prices are barely average
Retail prices might be better, but are still cheap enough for an enduser. especially @ dynadot. vs other traditionally retail registrars known to endusers (directnic, hover etc. - all around $15/$16)

Last edited:
•••
Before September 2022:

if I am not mistaken -

/Superbulk/ .com renewal @ dyna: $8.99

/discount domain club/ .com renewal @ godaddy: $9.03 (=$8.85+0.18 icann fee)

verisign charges registrars $8.39 + icann fee

And, Dynadot does not surcharge for credit or debit cards, nor does GoDaddy. So it is possible to use cards offering cashback.

Both are acceptable imo.

acceptable..avg..why not... if u are super bulk and compare it to.ripoff place like gd then maybe dyna is ok...but who is super.bulk... who wants acceptable or avg..and who cares for gd comparing... anyway just look at that domprices site or tld something... dyna rarely makes top 10 for any tld...cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back