Dynadot

.de in redemption removed from GD account (Transferred)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I was able to transfer a .de in redemption that was removed from my wild west domains (aka CheapDomain Godaddy resellers) account.

I contacted denic and they told me that a .de domain when it becomes impossible to get the auth codes from the current registrar they still have the option to transfer the domain.

a .de domain even though it expired and automatically went into redemption and disappeared from your account and Godaddy said you MUST pay $80 to get it out of redemption just to get the auth codes.

Denic said this is not true. They should be able to get the auth codes after expiration.

Denic told me to use a website like www.authinfo-code.de

to get something called an authinfo2 code. This code is a secondary password that will work just like a EPP code.

funny part? once you pay www.authinfo-code.de about $23 they will contact denic and tell them to send VIA MAIL the AUTHINFO2 code to the address of the last registrant.

I guess the only problem would be if you had privacy in your whois for the .de

lucky for me I did not have privacy.

I got this in the mail and it had like the same scratch off material over the Authinfo2 code. lol

crazy!

So I got the authinfo2 code and did a .de transfer at dynadot and just like that it was transferred like an hour later.

VERY COOL!

Why doesn't Godaddy tell customers this can be DONE? why is it the ONLY SOLUTION they give you is the $80 Redemption fee?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back