Dynadot

Dynadot allowed another bidder in private auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VaibhavA

Top Member
Impact
There is an ongoing private domain auction at dynadot, when dynadot caught it, there were only "1 other" showing in bidders.

I checked yesterday afternoon as well, there were only 1 others.

I logged in today morning to find out that it shows "2 others" in private auction.

I have been using dynadot for almost an year now and never had any issue. Infact, I like their auction system, where you may sometimes get a domain at reasonable price.

But this time they have allowed another member to enter a private auction.

I am sure 1 more member would agree, who was there originally after DD caught the domain.

I have no proof of what I am saying, but I am DEAD sure of what I am saying here.

I had to bring this to everyones notice, so, people may be careful in future.

Didnt expect this from Dynadot. Dynadot needs to remove another bidder to restore faith.

Hope they take quick action as auction ends tomorrow.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it is a bug that is showing i think. the bidder was there from the start but because of the bug it did not show.

have experienced this as well every time.

they do not add bidders.

•••
it is a bug that is showing i think. the bidder was there from the start but because of the bug it did not show.

have experienced this as well every time.

they do not add bidders.

Well, hope you are right.

If it is a bug, its not my fault. They need to remove bug.

If its not, they are loosing credibility.

Are you one of the bidders?

Hope everyone understands that Dynadot is having a BUG in their system and that any number of bidders can come anytime in private auctions.

Last edited:
•••
no it is limited to 1 bidder. also they do not come in they are just not showing. it does not have any effect on the auction itself

•••
no it is limited to 1 bidder. also they do not come in they are just not showing. it does not have any effect on the auction itself

It has an effect on auction, the 3rd bidder has bidded as well, thats why the auction amount and number of bids increased without me bidding.

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot has allowed 2 more bidders to enter action.

In the morning it showed 2 bidders, now it shows 4 bidders.

Kindly check attached screenshots. One with 2 bidders I took in the morning and one with 4 bidders now. Hope many more will crop up by tomorrow.

I have been a part of Private auctions at Dynadot earlier, but never seen bidders increase like this.

Attachments

• Dynadot Bidders 2.jpg
    Dynadot Bidders 2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Dynadot Domain Bidders.jpg
    Dynadot Domain Bidders.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
•••
another bidder can participate in dynadot private auction for .com and .net auction..:xf.smile:

so, i think this is a .com or .net auction am i right ???

Last edited:
•••
another bidder can participate in dynadot private auction for .com and .net auction..:xf.smile:

Are you saying that anyone can participate in Dynadots private auction.

•••
Are you saying that anyone can participate in Dynadots private auction.
yes. but only for .com and .net private drop catch auction.:xf.smile:

•••
yes. but only for .com and .net private drop catch auction.:xf.smile:

Well, as per my understanding, only people who have placed backorder on an expiring domain can participate in a private auction. Not anyone.

•••
interesting. i think the auctions were private but now they are public. when did this change? sucks.

Last edited:
•••
No. New bidders cannot join an auction. However, you have to note that the count is for active bidders, not all auction participants. Which the count means that those who have actively bid on an auction (including the initial bid). So DD is neither allowing a new bidder nor is it buggy. This is based on my own experience

•••
interesting. i think the auctions were private but now they are public. when did this change? sucks.

They are not public. DD does display all caught domains but will not allow participation by users who have not backordered the domain previously

•••
They are not public. DD does display all caught domains but will not allow participation by users who have not backordered the domain previously
right. but i was joined many of dynadot .com and .net domain auction without placed any backorder.

•••
right. but i was joined many of dynadot .com and .net domain auction without placed any backorder.

Backordered domain auction? Or DD expired domain auction? They are both available but different

•••
Backordered domain auction? Or DD expired domain auction? They are both available but different
private backorder auction.

•••
private backorder auction.
Okay. I've had that happen once to me and I stopped using them after that. Unfortunately for me, it was only a single backorder which means I automatically won the domain and it was a shit domain

•••
Okay. I've had that happen once to me and I stopped using them after that. Unfortunately for me, it was only a single backorder which means I automatically won the domain and it was a sh*t domain
hmmm..and also inform me what happened.ok friend ??

•••

Thats my point.

They should stop calling it a private auction OR display the number of bidders at the start of auction.

Like this, there is no transparency.

Last edited:
•••
hmmm..and also inform me what happened.ok friend ??
Nothing. I had balance in my account that they auto-debited from. I tried a lot but they were very rude and would not listen to my reasoning on why I could not have ordered a domain. It was a .net domain (NNLL) and I've never even tried to search for a NNLL.NET domain, ever... There was absolutely no way I could have backordered it but they would not listen

•••
I don't know but it says in your screen shot the number of active bidders not the total number of backorders ?
I assume they may be different ! you should have contacted their support before you throw allegations that may be false.

•••
I don't know but it says in your screen shot the number of active bidders not the total number of backorders ?
I assume they may be different ! you should have contacted their support before you throw allegations that may be false.

what you are saying is correct and i am not trying to make false allegations.

I have written to them and they have said the same thing what you are saying but they are not able to give an honest answer to my simple question. for everyones reference, i will put a screenshot of my conversation with dynadot in a ticket i opened.

upload_2017-5-20_23-10-8.png

The top one is my latest query, that I had to repeat. So, you can start reading from bottom upwards.

Last edited:
•••
I like transparency @Loxline since you just invited me to your site and was very kind to me in another thread. I like to see reps run towards the fires and how they respond as well as pass invites out...

Thoughts?

•••
•••
upload_2017-5-20_23-53-23.png

I have received the answer. Hope everyone understands what they have decided.

I have nothing more to say.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back