Domain Empire

Dynadot steal your domains

NameSilo
Watch

Marko12

Established Member
Impact
Dynadot stole 3 or 4 domains from me, these were .uk, I got an email saying xxxx.uk was removed from my account. I investigated, as dynadot are accredited Nominet registrars you must be able to renew your domain right up to the point of cancellation. Not dynadot, they place expiring domains in an auction, if someone bids they remove the domain and change the registrant email (again against Nominet t&c's).

I realise they can have an auction in case it drops but they cannot touch the domain until that point, but they do.

Nominet were great, transferred the domains back to me no problem. Here is the icing on the cake, they have one of my domains on sedo ! No idea what they will do if it sells, they don't own it and I moved around 200 domains from dynadot today and another 900+ will be going from them in the next week , that's just the .uk ones I will be transferring the rest as well.

I can only thank Nominet and my new registrar (bareflame) for their fantastic support and I can only condemn dynadot for the apalling way they treat their customers. It made me laugh in another thread where they said it would be despicable to do such a thing, but believe me , they do it. I have screenshots of it all.

I thought they were ok, boy my eyes were opened, customer service is non existent and when you get it, it is quite funny as it is so scripted. They tried to say it was my sedo listing. I'm sure sedo logs IP' s and it sure wasn't mine, in fact dynadot are the only people who could access it.

That's my experience with dynadot.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interestingly enough, I followed up on @Marko12 's comments:
http://www.nominet.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/UK_Registrar_Agreement.pdf

Paragraphs:
B.1.15. except as set out in paragraph E.3.6

Quite interesting an fairly unique to .UK.

I still think the thread is harsh to Dynadot as in general they offer decent service and it seems some people just don't like them (which is fine) but I would be interested in @SamuelLDotson 's view on this as it does appear they didn't meet the registrar requirements for this particular TLD. It's unfortunate to be on the wrong end but I would still recommend renewing in a timely manner rather than relying on last minute decisions which could always backfire :)

•••
I got enduser-offer even when the domain was in Redemption...
So to strictly follow Registry and ICANN rules - is very important.
And Expiration Date - is NOT a death date of Registrant (as we see with Dynadot), just a next stage...

And nothing personal against Dynadot or any other registrar... I use more than 20 registrars...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back