IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what do you mean jon???like in your signature there?
I have never heard of any country.ca sales before,never really researched the idea,good concept.

Dtagr,I went to mapofeurope still no map on homepage just white area..clicked on larger map and a large map came up

How's everyone doing ,eh??

Try updating your IE. I was able to duplicate the white space with an older version of Explorer. The current version shows it proper.

Thanks for the heads up.

•••
You guys should be talking about sextoys.ca selling for 14,400 Euro at the extended TRAFFIC aution.

Well done to .ca!

Isn't there close to one million .ca's registered? I don't think one sale is much to get excited about. The stark reality, is that business owners will happily hand reg a " moderate" domain, rather than paying a premium for the generic domain that has already been registered?

Don't believe me?

Just take a look at your local businesses websites, very few are single word generics. This is quite simply, the way it is. Business owners see no benefit in paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for a " perfect " domain, when they can reg an ' Ok ' name for ten bucks.

They understand that no one in their community is going to sit down and type in " treeremoval.com" and expect to reach a local company. Local business knows that people will use google, 411 or the yellow pages to obtain their internet address.

The domain name doesn't matter.

Last edited:
•••
.ca domain

i have a really good .ca domain name in mind which isn't taken. it is going to be a blog. My question is if i get a .ca domain, does that automatically limit me to only Canadian readers? Sure an American or Indian could type in mydomain.ca but would it come up in their search engines etc?

Reason i ask this is becuse i want to cater to the world, but getting a reasonable .com, .net, and .org is getting harder and harder.

•••
76% of the traffic to one of my .ca's is from India
as far as I can tell from my other .ca sites, it's not
limited to Canadian users.

•••
you imagination is the only limit,

Examples:

is no_url_shorteners limited to only libyans?
is favicon.cc limited to only cocos islanders?

there are many many more examples,

the only thing that matters is what's to the left of the dot, and your devotion to the site

good luck with your .ca domain

•••
Thank you revenue domains, you talk alot of sense

•••
•••
Most will come from canada but worldwide is also possible, my business (blogue dot ca) is a blog platform and you can see the map in bottom witch displays spot of worldwide readers coming on homepage.

•••
Isn't there close to one million .ca's registered? I don't think one sale is much to get excited about. The stark reality, is that business owners will happily hand reg a " moderate" domain, rather than paying a premium for the generic domain that has already been registered?

Don't believe me?

Just take a look at your local businesses websites, very few are single word generics. This is quite simply, the way it is. Business owners see no benefit in paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for a " perfect " domain, when they can reg an ' Ok ' name for ten bucks.

They understand that no one in their community is going to sit down and type in " treeremoval.com" and expect to reach a local company. Local business knows that people will use google, 411 or the yellow pages to obtain their internet address.

That's a bit harsh IMO. Whilst what you say here:

Business owners see no benefit in paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for a " perfect " domain, when they can reg an ' Ok ' name for ten bucks.

is often disappointingly very accurate, things are changing somewhat. Plus the sleeping giant if the realisation of the effect domain names have in search. Every business owner recognises top spot in Google holds tremendous value.

I don't know .ca but am very familiar in .au. These markets are quite similar though - population, quality of life, gdp per capita, domains registered etc and .au domain trading is grwoing strongly so I'd expect the same from .ca.

•••
how much is a 2 letters. ca now?

•••

Depends on the 2 letters.............

Just got contacted thru whypark about one of my sites tax-saving dot ca
regarding purchase,is from a certified general accountant.I am asking just below mid xxx,looking for my first sale....

:sold::sold::sold:Willing to part with Sunny.ca refer me a buyer for more than 10,000 I will pay anyone 5%

•••
"Business owners see no benefit in paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for a " perfect " domain, when they can reg an ' Ok ' name for ten bucks."

That just means that they're clueless, not that the OK names are a better investment.

•••
"Business owners see no benefit in paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for a " perfect " domain, when they can reg an ' Ok ' name for ten bucks."

That just means that they're clueless, not that the OK names are a better investment.

That really just means that we are doing a poor job of communicating to Canadian business what constitutes value in a domain name. Often business owners/managers get bad advice from their IT department or web designer friends about domain name value.

I have used a press release when attempting to sell a decent name, or make a change to my website.
Dtagr's Press Releases

I think that consistent use of this and other tools by domainers at large will do the most good in educating the masses about what makes a domain name valuable. Thanks to Whitebark for the free press release tool (sorry can't find the link).:great:

Anyway, it's an uphill battle and will take time and effort. And money, lol!

Also natural selection should help. As more .ca's are regged leaving fewer and less valuable domains available, word will slowly spread.

BTW, I have some keywords for sale in my siggy. Happy hunting!

•••

KA.ca was the last one at auction last week - $4400

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Don't believe me?

There are over 1.24 million registered. It passed 1 million over a year ago. Small and medium businesses in Canada extensively use .ca. Multinational corporations who don't even need to use a .ca do anyways because they know like .de and .co.uk etc that the residents here know it, use it and expect something to be there when they type it in. Don't believe me - type in any large multinational corporation name followed by .ca - most lead to an active website.

As for business owners not knowing the value of a domain name - yeah sure. It's not 1992 anymore.

And for anyone who has premium highly typed in domain names - or those most searched on the search engines - they know full well the value of premium domain name. It most certainly matters.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I have used a press release when attempting to sell a decent name, or make a change to my website.
Dtagr's Press Releases

I think that consistent use of this and other tools by domainers at large will do the most good in educating the masses about what makes a domain name valuable. Thanks to Whitebark for the free press release tool (sorry can't find the link).:great:

Wire Service Canada would be the url... ;) Glad you liked it and hope you get good traction out of it. The service continues to grow and will stay free for everyone!

Last edited:
•••
"Wire Service Canada would be the url... Glad you liked it and hope you get good traction out of it. The service continues to grow and will stay free for everyone!"

Glad you are still doing it. I consider it a valuable tool and will continue to use it more often in the future.

So it's drop day - Who got what? Don't hold out!
Hope it was a productive TBR for all.

I'm in sell mode right now need to raise some $$$. Check the link in my siggy.

•••
Cira tbr

I'm mostly starting this thread because the other .ca threads are dead or dying. Not only can you hear the pin drop, but you can usually hear the bounce after.

This thread is devoted to the weekly TBR, before,after and during.

I'll start off with my weekly picks. I may or may not be attempting to purchase the names I list. I may or may not post every week.

Wed August 12:

Monitor.ca - The clear winner of the lot. Stupendous amount of exact google searches (only 9900 local however), a clear use (see Monitor dot com for ideas) and decent CPC.
Buckethead.ca - Lots of exact searches (18100) low CPC may be difficult to monetize. Stage name of a guitar player.Proceed with caution.
BabyPictures.ca - Love this one! 5400 local searches,$.94 CPC only one possible use. Strong name.
BullyDog.ca - Not sure what to do with it, 2900 local searches,excellent CPC ($6.01)
AnitSmoking.ca - A clear winner for selling products. 1000 local monthly searches, reasonable CPC ($1.40). Those searches should be from qualified prospects.
Baloney.ca - A fan site or a synopsis of Parliamentary Democracy. 1600 local searches, poor CPC ($.48), but it is a dictionary slang term. Worth a look.
Vandal.ca - Interesting name. negligible local searches but decent global, decent CPC ($.96),dictionary term. Worth a look.
HalifaxCondos.ca - Do I need to explain this one? Good luck getting it!
MobileApps.ca - 1900 local searches, $3.05 CPC. Another strong name.

Some for development:
FishingWeb.ca
FraserHeights.ca - An affluent subdivision in Surrey BC. A few schools,lots of houses,some shopping and a new access road. Solid potential here.
EarthSavers.ca - Every "greeniacs" dream name.
Beachweb.ca
FarmersMarketDirectory.ca
SnowboardWhistler.ca

3's&4's:
oicf.ca
neci.ca
nsip.ca
tfos.ca
pawi.ca
vpac.ca
sjyc.ca
sjsm.ca
viaa.ca
qcp.ca - Queens Counsel Something?
yeff.ca
satf.ca
sh1.ca
wwba.ca
xpro.ca - This one I like. X Games related?
cvrx.ca
cwsc.ca
emcd.ca
eotu.ca
ghnn.ca
hmvp.ca
gigc.ca
dmx.ca - Rapper with a criminal record.Proceed with caution.8-X

On the bubble:
LaptopSecurity.ca - Minimal local searches but high CPC.
MapleNet.ca - ISP perhaps?
LifeDirect.ca - Great CPC
Prostates.ca
NightShift.ca
Trillionaire.ca - :xf.love:
TaxpayersForum.ca
Teepees.ca
PartsLink.ca
NanaimoHomebuyer.ca - Pretty lengthy.
OasisGardens.ca - Sounds like a nice retirement home.

This is not meant to be a complete list of all available names nor is it meant to take the place of the readers due diligence.

Good luck to all with tomorrow's TBR.

•••
When is .CA available after expiration?

Hi

I've been following one of the .ca domains, and it has just been expired.

It's not a very popular word, but I like it. I doubt people will drop-catch this particular name.

How long do I need to wait until the name is available for registration?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

-----------
Wait nevermind
Found the answer (looks like I've asked same question previously lol) :lol:

http://www.namepros.com/cctld-discussion/589641-ca-drop-time.html

•••
a little sometimers kicking in Steve? :)

if it's mine your watching...I'm renewing it :p

•••
•••
Keep an eye on the domain by doing whois search. If it is expire then it might be available for registration within 45-50 days. However, you can also backorder for this domain name.

•••
•••
The stark reality is someone payed 20grand for sextoys.ca
they could have had isextoy.ca for 10 dollars,still can.......
Calories.ca went for 25,000 why?Could have gotten watchingcalories for a 10 spot.The best name wins,is just canadians are behind the times,soon the market will explode.I could have had sunny1.ca for 10 bucks but paid 500 for sunny.ca quality is the name of this game.

I am looking to give a domain name away I have never done a transfer of ownership with .ca
It will be registered at netfirms so you must have an account there.Will be a decent name I will give you a choice,first one to post "Give me a hell ya"

ru1.ca
ru2.ca
2-u.ca
2u2.ca
JrCooper.ca
SweetFeet.ca -I thought this one was my nest egg,make it yours :)

One I will transfer free to try process other 5 will sell for cheap
who wants the free one?

Don't believe me?

•••
30 days after entering the suspension stage it will get moved into TBR status once it reaches TBR status it is dropped the following week. So if it is in the list for say this wed, you can register it at 3pm EST if it was backordered.

Cheers,

Jay

•••
Keep an eye on the domain by doing whois search. If it is expire then it might be available for registration within 45-50 days. However, you can also backorder for this domain name.

Please be sure the info you are giving is correct....

.ca's are a little different than your regular TLD's
30 days expiry then to the TBR the following Wednesday.
They will never reach 45-50 days!

•••
Wed. Aug 19

My top pick this week is:
TorontoLuxuryHotels.ca - 33100 global searches,27100 local searches and great CPC of $5.93. Backorder this one quick and prepare for auction!!

Other Strong Names:
Torrents.ca - 1.8 mil global searches,74000 local,CPC $.54. A strong second, the poor CPC is the only negative here. Better set a budget for this one as well.
Tesla.ca - 450k Global,22200 local,CPC$.72
PianoSheetMusic.ca - 110k global,9900 local,CPC$.50. Little lengthy but should bring a solid return nevertheless.
Hottie.ca - 201k global, 9900 local,CPC$.52. Hot name!
MapsAndDirections.ca - 60500 global,2900 local,CPC $1.85
PhotoHosting.ca - 22200 global,1600 local,CPC $3.15. Excellent development potential here.
PrescriptionGlasses.ca - 33100 global,1300 local, CPC $1.79. Clearly product related. A good buy.
CareerQuiz.ca - 27k global,2400 local,CPC $1.09
BabyBook.ca - 27k global,1300 local,CPC $1.04. Frank Schilling owns the dot net. Site could be developed in this or any extension.
BusinessEtiquette.ca - 22k global, 880 local,CPC $1.54
ProBiotic.ca - 35k global, 1600 local,CPC $2.43
Undergrads.ca - 8100 global,3600 local,CPC $1.38
VeterinaryTechnician.ca - 14800 global,1300 local,CPC $2.67
WeightScale.ca - 27k global,1300 local,CPC $2.56

Groups and Niches:
BikeAccessories.ca - 40500 global,1300 local, $.79
BikeRentals.ca - 3600 global,2400 local, $1.24

DesignerKitchen.ca - 3600 global, 210 local CPC 2.09
DesignKitchen.ca - 4400 global,140 local,CPC $1.67
KitchenCabinetsToronto.ca - 9900 global,9900 local,CPC $1.31
KitchenDesignIdeas.ca - 12100 global, 880 local, CPC $1.36
KitchenIdeas.ca - 18100 global,1600 local, CPC $1.51. With a potential reach of between 12730 - 48100 searchers and an average CPC of $1.58 this may be $50 well spent.

LethbridgeCondominiums.ca
LethBridgeCondos.ca - obvious value here.

VaginalDischarge.ca - 60500global,4400 local,CPC $.51
VaginalOdour.ca - 1600 global,480 local,CPC $.54

SmokingFacts.ca - 22200 global,590 local,CPC $2.38
NoSmokingSign.ca - 18100 global,720 local,CPC $2.87

ProstatesMassage.ca - 110k global,8000 local,CPC $.60
ProstateProblems.ca - 18k global,1300 local,CPC $4.44. Combined with last weeks Prostates.ca this is the beginnings of a solid niche domination.

SignsOfBreastCancer.ca - 9900 global, 1000 local, CPC $3.04
SymptomsOfBreastCancer.ca - 14800 global,1000 local,CPC $2.84

Long Tails With High CPC:
AlcoholRehabilitation.ca - $14.61
EatingDisorderTreatment.ca - $10.67
IdentityTheftProtection.ca - $7.43
LifeInsuranceSettlement.ca - $17.42
LinuxDedicatedServers.ca - $13.08
LoansCalculator.ca - $10.38
LungCancerTreatment.ca - $6.82
MortgagesCalculator.ca - $8.05
PlanningRetirement.ca - $9.35

Dictionaries:
Blasphemy
Bundles
Draconian
Machination
Oblique
Oblivious
Pedestrian
Hoodlum
Vandalism
Tarantulas
Worries

Geo:
Similkameen

Small Business Friendly:
MortgageCentres.ca
PacificTattoo.ca
RainbowPainting.ca
SuccessCorp.ca - Business coaching,life coaching etc.
TShirtStore.ca
VancouverMover.ca - Decent CPC of $3.25
BuyShoesOnline.ca

3's and 4's:
xjob.ca
gyre.ca
uzed.ca
nuff.ca
paki.ca
vyc.ca
kmf.ca
uhh.ca
vnbc.ca
wmao.ca
uncc.ca
aeci.ca
ahac.ca
azte.ca
bbta.ca
bvox.ca
c2r.ca
c99.ca
dorj.ca
dret.ca
dssi.ca
ebcd.ca
fsep.ca
rasv.ca
tkog.ca
ucv.ca
icrf.ca
kcpc.ca
lish.ca
luye.ca
o0o.ca
ojlo.ca
pcha.ca
pt2.ca
qixi.ca

Which ones are you after? There are some good ones here this week.
What I particularly appreciate about .ca more so than more popular extensions is the niche domination opportunities that are readily available.:xf.love:

Happy hunting this Wednesday!:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back