IT.COM

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

NameSilo
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We\\Affiliate\\dot\\\com
Auction

Last edited:
•••
TheCoinJournal // dot // com
I seem to getting quite a few good Crypto domains lately! This one is obviously a Coin news site! More and more such sites going up as I'm guessing there is a huge amount of advertising dollars bouncing around out there!

HEALTHANALYSIS.COM
Medical + Analytics = $$$$ :)

... activitytracker from your list. Thanks both for taking time and providing us daily gems. (y)
Glad you find it useful .. it's quite a bit of work! Trying to grow it slowly but surely! :)

@Ategy.com Thanks for the mention. I actually just sold a large lot of (52) 5L .com domains and shayv.com was in there. Caytr.com was in there too. I like that for Cater business :)
Yup .. I remember you talking about both in your interviews! I really liked those Sherpa episodes. I've listened to your two main ones at least 2-3 times each now! What ever happened to that 6 figure offer for like was it 700 domains you had at that time? I'm not sure what I would do if faced with that decision? lol

•••
Yourdonations.com
suppressed.net
premierroofingchicago.com

the first two were hasty buys, pure rookie mistakes, i do like the last one though and hopefully can find an end user for all of them :xf.smile:

•••
•••
•••
WhatThe.com
Brandpa approved 29999 USD

Won At Auction.

•••
Hi, just wanted to know. are you guys considering only dot com domains in closeouts/auction?

•••
Mostly .com but not only.
.com is usually easier to sell

•••
I seem to getting quite a few good Crypto domains lately! This one is obviously a Coin news site! More and more such sites going up as I'm guessing there is a huge amount of advertising dollars bouncing around out there!

Glad you find it useful .. it's quite a bit of work! Trying to grow it slowly but surely! :)

Yup .. I remember you talking about both in your interviews! I really liked those Sherpa episodes. I've listened to your two main ones at least 2-3 times each now! What ever happened to that 6 figure offer for like was it 700 domains you had at that time? I'm not sure what I would do if faced with that decision? lol

I am still trying to work a deal out open those. I am dealing with buyer disappearances lately. I work nice deals up for either investors or companies and we agree on price and even payment plans and them boom ..... gone. I have no idea what happens to them and they don't respond. Its been really weird lately.

•••

Here are some of the names I started listing on here.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/25...ns-for-sale-13-000-estibot-3-000-bin.1093730/

•••
•••
SuperTHC // dot // com
To start I already saw this as a great cannabis brandable. But after a little Googling it seems like this is also an actual keyword of an actual strain. So I'm SUPER happy to have snagged this one! :)

InsureCondo // dot // com
InsureCollections // dot // com
Those of you who follow my daily lists of domains going to auction each day (look in my signature for the link) will know that I've had some significant water damage in my condo and am still dealing with insurance. In fact it's almost 3 weeks later and i'm still not sure what will or won't be covered (if anything). Part of my damages was part of my old old comic book collection .. I had about a dozen long comic boxes and almost everything was over 25 years old. Old X-Men, Spiderman, etc. When I showed the insurance guy he cringed and felt really bad when he told me that I should have told the Insurance before, as standard policies limit collectable damage to $3000! Which made me think there must be good money in insurance for larger collections (particularly for art). Then I saw this domain and had to grab it! Hopefully someone will buy it and help pay for my damages!

-----------------------

@PlentyOfBrands .. That sucks with buyers disappearing on you like that. I had a $x,xxx 5L sale that fell through not too long ago at GoDaddy. Totally sucked. What's worse is that the GoDaddy agent was totally unwilling to help at all. I asked for the contact info of the person as they had even gone through the agreement and terms .. but the agent said no .. and claimed he banned the buyer from their platform. Which really dumbfound me as I would have thought he should have made more of an effort to contact the buyer and make them aware of their obligations and then would at least give me the contact information as the buyer effectively did break their agreement to buy my domain. In the end the most likely scenario that happened I think was the agent proposed another domain to the buyer and got a bigger commission from the other domain, as it made zero sense for them to ban the person when they did .. or if they did really ban the person, then the agent in question most certainly did not do all they could have.

Hi, just wanted to know. are you guys considering only dot com domains in closeouts/auction?
Do you mean considering buying ourselves? If so then no .. I consider most extensions .. however I place a very heavy premium on .com and only consider others if they are EXTREMELY strong domains.

But if you mean do we only want domains posted here that you bought from closeout/auction? Then the answer is yes (for any extension, not just .com). If you didn't get the domain at auction or closeout then you can share then in one of these two threads ...
Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

•••
•••
E r p v e n d o r.com
B a r E x a m H e l p.com

ignore the spacing

What do you think guys?

•••
•••
My first domain from closeout

WhereToWed dot com

Any thoughts, guys?

•••
•••
•••
ladiesnight.png

•••
MotorGates
MojoPool
TheDraws
Paintia
2ndy
UpLotus
Surances
Enginew

•••
groupdealslogo.png

medivlogo.png

medivac
groupdeals

both org

•••
Haven't posted here much as I've been getting my NameCult blog off the ground .. but here are a couple more ..

PaperlessCash // dot // com
Love this one as another way to say Crypto / Digital Cash.

Reputationism // dot // com
Reputation / crisis management is huge business .. really like this domain for that! :)

•••
American/Wind/Turbine // dot // com (2008)
American/Wind/Turbines // dot // com (2008)
The future of energy is renewables! I really love both these names .. particularly to hold for after Trump, when the next president will have no choice but to bring back better environmental standards and programs!

DeathHunter // dot // com (2006)
Just sounds super cool .. figured it's perfect for a video game or movie/TV show.

Last edited:
•••
i grabbed payitfwd dot com last week from closeouts, will post a few more when they hit my account. Has anyone here had closeouts canceled on them? I still have a bad taste in my mouth from godaddy's auction gaming (people running up auctions not to pay) and now closeouts being taken back from silly agreements with greedy registrars, an example is letterface dot com which hasn't even been updated? garbage

•••
CryptoCoinInc // dot // com
ProfCrypto // dot // com
A couple of crypto names to share. First one is pretty self explanatory. The second is short for Professor Crypto, which would obviously be a crypto lead generation information site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back