Dynadot

Report Domains You Bought at Fixed Price (BIN or Negotiated)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
This thread is to share information on any purchases of:

1- Existing domains you've bought at fixed price from another domainer.
2- Domains you bought on one of the many sales platforms at BIN (Buy It Now) pricing.
3- Domains with a price you directly negotiated.

This thread is *NOT* for:

1- Domains that you bought on Auction or at Closeout (Fixed price before the domain fully drops/expires)
Go here to: Report Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

2- Domains that were not yet registered and were openly available (HandReg/Hand Registered)
Go here to: Report Domains You Purchased Hand Registered

3- Expiring domains you acquired using a Drop Catch Service or "Snapped" at moment of general availability
Go here to: Report Domains You Drop-Caught/Snapped

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.
NOTE: People do this for privacy reasons to avoid search engines indexing their domain(s)

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. Why you bought the domain.
  2. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  3. Any hard data (traffic, CPC, age etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  4. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from. (You might want to ask the seller if it's ok with them)
  5. The history of the domain.
  6. What you see the domain being used for.
  7. Who a potential buyer could be.
  8. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most of my buys are at Auction or Closeout but to get things going in this thread I'll share a domain I bought here at NamePros from a fellow domainer:

Remixes // dot // org

I used to have a fairly large DJ / Club Music community .. so when I saw this in a "make an offer" listing here at NamePros .. it drew my attention more on that front than as a domainer. But I ended up making more of a wholesale offer than end user .. the seller accepted and the transaction was done.

One helpful note .. I did notice the seller was based in the UK .. and I'm actually based in Canada. So instead of me converting to USD and him reconverting to British Pounds .. I offered to send him the USD amount already converted in to pounds so he wouldn't need to pay exchange fees.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it .. I also own Remixes.info .. and the vastly stronger Remix.tv (in a completely different league to be honest .. lol) .. I always think to myself that I'll relaunch my community .. but then I realise there are only 24 hours in a day .. lol .. so who knows. I likely wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't to do with my old website .. but I certainly don't regret the sale as I think the price was fair enough! :)

•••
•••
If you're negoatiating, then it's not fixed price. If it is fixed price, then there is no negotation. A fix price buy would pretty much be BINning a listing...

•••
Yes .. this thread is for both .. essentially anything you bought from somebody else at BIN .. or if you negotiated it (make offer or even via email or anything else) .. or if you bought it via a platform at BIN (not on auction though .. although yes if it's a BIN on an auction platform like how domainers list their domains at GoDaddy or Sedo at BIN)

Read this thread for specifics .. you'll understand .. (if not ask for any specifics you want to know there) ;)
https://www.namepros.com/threads/clearer-domain-buy-threads.1063572/

Last edited:
•••
A couple of months ago I purchased on Namecheap Marketplace for fixed BIN price of $5.00

frog(.)science

Not sure if plan to possibly develop, but have it up for sale now (hoping to get a high $$ or very low $$$ from it). I liked the simplicity and high search stats, and it matches perfectly the extension.

•••
SanitaryWorks // dot // com
I really like this one a lot for the countless cleaning services / janitorial / maintenance companies out there.

Technically this was half auction and half fixed price (putting it here in fixed price to give this thread some much needed love .. lol). I ended up offering a trade to the seller (won't mention name for privacy reasons) because they couldn't accept paypal in their country and I quite honestly couldn't be bothered with the alternative payment methods proposed. So I offered to make an equivalent purchase for them at GoDaddy. It actually benefited him even more because he got to take advantage of my DDC discount price .. I was willing to pay more towards my DDC costs (for what he wanted to buy at GD) for SanitaryWorks .. and he wanted a bit more (the BIN was around the non-discounted price .. and I had the highest bid just under my DCC cost .. so my offer made sense).. really an ideal solution/trade that everyone here might consider as a workaround to paypal! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back