IT.COM

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A1Handicapping // dot // com
With recent changes in the legality of sports betting in the USA, it's hard to resist great names in the industry. I usually am strongly against domains with numbers in them because of the potential confusion and failure of the radio test because people don't know whether to put the number or spell it out. But there are a handful of exceptions where 99.99% of the time people know (A1, 247, 365 and a few others). I grabbed an even better gambling domain that I'll be able to share with you all next week! :)

JitJot // dot // com
I almost always limit myself to 5L .com's when it comes to "made up brandables", but I certainly make exceptions from time to time when sometihng is very clear and catchy like JitJot is.

iBringValue // dot // com
I love this brand for just about any type of consultant. Just imagine the interest that will be peaked when you send an email from Name /@/ iBringValue // dot // com.

Isn't it hard to go through the list and not register a single domain !!!! lol

lol .. I said I was picking up less .. I never said I wasn't registering a single one! ;)
Although I'm getting ready to go into wholesaling mode for a bit. Don't really need to go as far down as 1000 domains .. but my new target is 1500! :)

RentYourDomains.com this is killer name?

I don't think it's a "killer name". But there is a trend more and more moving towards a SAAS (Software as a Service) economy .. which is really just a fancy word for renting .. lol. There is also such talk specific to the domain industry and you're seeing renting/leasing growing. That being said .. it's still a very timy portion of transactions .. but hopefully as domain pricing goes up we should see this more and more .. and in fact .. it could be the other way around in that as domain leasing/renting becomes supported more, that should in turn lead to higher sales. Just a theory though. So I think it could be a good niche. That being said .. I don't think you have exactly the best potential keywords .. but still not bad *IF* domain rentals take off!

LegalCollections.com
1997 registered and has been active business around 20 years

Yup .. definitely a solid domain you got there! Plus I don't think the trailing "s" hurts it at all as is the case most of the time. :)

adlux (/com)

Nice simple 5L. Vibes as "Advertising Deluxe". Feels like this one was on my daily lists.
... Just checked .. yup .. my lists for June 21st .. did you find it there? :)
https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...closeout-domains.1006428/page-18#post-6774776

Last edited:
•••
•••
ultimatecoding.com
gamingworld.org
taken from closeout

•••
Yup .. definitely a solid domain you got there! Plus I don't think the trailing "s" hurts it at all as is the case most of the time. :)

Let's hope that this investment brings some nice profits

•••
Some names I picked up from GD Closeouts (or I was the only bidder). All .com extension

A p e x W e b s
D o o r s t e p C a f e
C a n v a s T o p s
S t o c k s X
M o j o S h i r t s
S w a p F o r I t
Z e n G o o d s
O r l a n d o T o n i g h t
M r P e w t e r

•••
•••
WhyNotDoItYourself // dot // com
I really love call-to-action domains like this that are also good slogans. I definitely see this used in an advertising campaign by a home renovation center.

Wordishness // dot // com
I've only said this a million times ... Content generation is effectively just about the ONLY thing that matters for SEO .. and this makes for a really good brand for a writing service.
I originally wasn't sure about this one so I didn't grab it right away. I deliberately waited a few more hours to see if I could remember it at work (a good memorability test .. particularly for me as I don't have a good memory for domains because I go through soooooooo many every night doing the lists I share with all of you).

ComputerTrainingSoftware // dot // com
I don't grab purely keyword domains very often ... unless they have monster stats or I see something really special that the stats don't show (usually a good thing as you can grab them cheap and unnoticed). This one falls into the "stats" category as it has tons of ads (highest number of 11 in Estibot), 300k SERP, and 1600 monthly uniques times a $5.5 CPC for a $9k "Monthly Search Value"! Which essentially means the term is extremely commercially viable! :)

Some names I picked up from GD Closeouts (or I was the only bidder). All .com extension
S w a p F o r I t
Z e n G o o d s
ultimatecoding // dot // com
taken from closeout
I really like those three at closeout pricing! :)

Last edited:
•••
I'll share one that I picked up recently for what I feel is a great price.

Forex//Officer {dot} com

•••
Picked up SMARTER | INBOX | com recently.
I think it could be a good fit for an email app or service.

•••
gamercams .com

Last edited:
•••
Just got UN | RENOWNED | com
In my opinion it sounds great as a fashion brand for millennials.
Other thoughts?

•••
So last week I mentioned I had grabbed some really great domains .. here's the start! :)

FinestBud // dot // com
They just announced the official date Marijuana will be legal here in Canada (October 17). Along with more and more states legalizing I really like good Canna names as there will be a lot of new businesses starting up!

BriefOverview // dot // com
This is such a big name as it can be a great domain for either a review or summary site. I initially was thinking education, but it could be just about anything!

WindyCityInsurance // dot // com
Chicago is the "Windy City", the third largest metropolitan area in the USA with almost 10 million people. Forget the fact you could use this brand pretty much anywhere else, with 10M that still means a lot of Americans buying insurance. What's better is that it isn't limited to any specific type of insurance. I really can't believe I got this one! :)

I'll share one that I picked up recently for what I feel is a great price.
Forex//Officer {dot} com
With everyone scrambling for Crypto, Cannabis, EV, VR, etc domains .. I think a lot of people are overlooking the stable powerhouses of business .. namely finance and health. Officer might not be the first term used .. but it certainly is used .. which is more than enough to make this a really solid name in a very solid industry! :)

Picked up SMARTER | INBOX | com recently.
I think it could be a good fit for an email app or service.
No matter how smart our inboxes get .. the spammers will be one step ahead it seems!? lol .. Really nice domain though .. for most keywords I'd say only get "smart" .. but "inbox" definitely is strong enough of a term for the extra "er" to still be a very strong domain IMO! :)

•••
So last week I mentioned I had grabbed some really great domains .. here's the start! :)

FinestBud // dot // com
They just announced the official date Marijuana will be legal here in Canada (October 17). Along with more and more states legalizing I really like good Canna names as there will be a lot of new businesses starting up!

BriefOverview // dot // com
This is such a big name as it can be a great domain for either a review or summary site. I initially was thinking education, but it could be just about anything!

WindyCityInsurance // dot // com
Chicago is the "Windy City", the third largest metropolitan area in the USA with almost 10 million people. Forget the fact you could use this brand pretty much anywhere else, with 10M that still means a lot of Americans buying insurance. What's better is that it isn't limited to any specific type of insurance. I really can't believe I got this one! :)

With everyone scrambling for Crypto, Cannabis, EV, VR, etc domains .. I think a lot of people are overlooking the stable powerhouses of business .. namely finance and health. Officer might not be the first term used .. but it certainly is used .. which is more than enough to make this a really solid name in a very solid industry! :)

No matter how smart our inboxes get .. the spammers will be one step ahead it seems!? lol .. Really nice domain though .. for most keywords I'd say only get "smart" .. but "inbox" definitely is strong enough of a term for the extra "er" to still be a very strong domain IMO! :)
nice domains, are these closeout domains ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
ROGUE | AI | com
...because skynet was busy :)

•••
PeakVintage // dot // com
There are very few domains that would make for a better wine or premium liquor brand than Peak Vintage! It rolls of the tongue extremely well and is the perfect description for the holy grail of connoisseurs looking for the best (peak) year!

PremiumPopcorn // dot // com
For some reason it seems there is a lot of popcorn sold on the internet ... almost all of which are premium flavours. As such you can't really get much better than this "premium" popcorn brand!

Noteworthiness // dot // com
Not exactly what you think when it comes to a one-word dot com ... lol. And it's certainly not a million dollar domain. However it still makes for a really good brand for a wide variety of things mainly in media or communication, but also for product/service reviews and quite a bit more.

nice domains, are these closeout domains ?
More of my buys are closeouts more than anything else .. but I certainly will bit at auction for extremely strong domains. It's just that I find so many good ones at closeout that I'm really at the point where my portfolio is too big and I'm simply ignoring domains over a certain price (at least until I reduce my portfolio). I don't really specify publicly my purchase prices. But of those 3 domains in the post above you quoted, at least one was closeout and at least one was auction! If you want more specifics feel free to contact me privately! :)

Last edited:
•••
CoinBuyer // dot // org (14 years old)
CoinSeller // dot // org (14 years old)
A monster set of Crypto names! I've noticed .org's selling in Crypto, and so grabbing these two was a very easy decision! :)

420Dictionary // dot // com (15 years old)
With a whole new (legal) industry developing, with hundreds if not thousands of different marijuana strains and as many slang terms, there is definitely room for an online dictionary of terms!

Last edited:
•••
blder.png

In King Found in Closeouts .. Sounds Like Builder

•••
•••
•••
LetsBet // dot // net (20 years old)
This just makes an amazing gambling brand. A large portion of gambling sites are non-com, as such a 20 year old .net with a catchy short rhyming scheme was simply a must get! :)

•••
dloader-card-7a8b.jpg

IN KING Short for Downloader

•••
VIDEOPROJECTORS.COM
Won from auction

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back