IT.COM

poll Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2023?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2023?

• 1st

Dynadot

votes
    44.9%
  • 2nd

Namecheap

votes
    11.9%
  • 3rd

Spaceship

votes
    9.3%
  • 4th

GoDaddy

votes
    7.5%
  • 5th

Porkbun

votes
    6.3%
  • 6th

Sav.com

votes
    5.7%
  • 7th

NameSilo

votes
    4.2%
  • 8th

NameBright

votes
    1.5%
  • 9th (tie)

CloudFlare

votes
    1.4%
  • 9th (tie)

Epik

votes
    1.4%
  • 10th

Name.com

votes
    1.1%
  • 11th

Hostinger

votes
    0.6%
  • 12th (tie)

Alibaba Cloud

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

CosmoTown

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

Fabulous

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

NetworkSolutions

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

Reg.ru

votes
    0.5%
  • 13th (tie)

Gname

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

InternetBs

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

Z.com

votes
    0.3%
  • 14th (tie)

101Domain

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

DirectNic

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

Hexonet

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

HiChina

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

Hover

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

OVH

vote
    0.2%
  • 15th (tie)

123-reg

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

BlueHost

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

ConnectReseller.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Ionos

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Register.com

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The poll closes on December 31,2023.
You can make 1 choice. you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

To be noted the max amount of choices by the software was 40. Google and Uniregistry are no more. Three registrars that got zero votes were eliminated to allow for some new requests like Spaceship and CosmoTown.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone else dislike Namesilo's policy of bulk renewing upcoming domains on the first of the month? Personally I detest it. Not the only reason they don't get my vote. I have a very modest number of names there.

•••
101Domain: I'm not a fan of their UI and branding; it's unattractive to me. The prices seem quite high compared to others, as I've noticed while searching for the cheapest registration/renewal options on tld-list.com.

123-reg: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Alibaba Cloud: If you have common sense, you would avoid this one. Its background is sensitive, and it's likely that your registrant information is stored.

BlueHost: It's not a viable option for my hosting needs; it seems to offer high prices for low quality, nor is it an option for domains.

CloudFlare: So far, it's been pretty great. The only downside is that it only allows the use of their NS. I like the UI, but sometimes the button response can't keep up with my clicking speed. It feels safe and privacy-protected.

ConnectReseller.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

CosmoTown: I've registered many .com domains here when it was the cheapest option. It has all the basic functions required. However, it lacks DNSSEC, and you need to contact support to add it. The UI is quite poor; it looks like something from a template sharing platform, but it works fine.

DirectNic: I don't have much experience with this one, but the price is laughable: $17.17 for a .com domain, seriously? (Many registrars have similar prices, though, but why would I use it?)

Domain.com: The only appealing aspect is the domain name of the service itself.

Dotster: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Dynadot: Good UI, but like Cloudflare, the buttons sometimes need to be clicked slowly. The support is good with medium response speed. It supports a wide variety of TLDs and has a medium-sized marketplace and auction. The brand was hard to remember at first.

Epik: I loved this one before. In my opinion, it doesn't care what you do and won't ban you or delete your assets based on who you are or what you do. Or, perhaps it's intentionally supporting certain parties – I'm not sure, as I haven't done in-depth research. But, it felt safe to put my domains there, as it suggested before: the "Swiss bank of the domain industry". However, after the masterbuck incident, I lost trust in it, even though I wasn't one of the victims. When I wanted to transfer all my domains out, they retained me by offering a free renewal for a year. I hope it can be great again, but it's tough.

Fabulous: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Gandi: I like it. The support is professional and nice. The prices are acceptable, and the UI is nice with a fast API. The corporate plan is great; some domains require an extra fee to register, but you only pay once for the plan to register as many domains as you like within the plan period, and you can keep them without the plan. I just wish they also had Gandi.com.

Gname: I'm not very fond of it; it seems to be deeply cooperating with the mainland China platform JuMing.com, which has a bad reputation in China. The UI is okay, and the prices are acceptable. However, the background of the platform is sensitive and insecure for hosting sensitive domains.

GoDaddy: I used it at the very beginning of my interest in domain names. The prices are unreasonable, and the support is terrible. The support staff seem to lack domain knowledge. I found that my understanding of domains was better than theirs. They couldn't address my issues, and I had to fix them myself. It's great if you don't care about the prices of domains but want protection for brands. The UI is okay, but bugs are never fixed. Searching for some domains shows they can be registered, but you cannot check out!

Hexonet: Prices are 10-25% higher, in my experience. The requirements for a reseller account are low. They offer top-level API response and safety. There are many functions, including setting your own auth code for transfers, DoNotResolve, Update, Transfer Lock, etc. The UI is clean and well-documented.

HiChina: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

HostPapa: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Hostinger: It's more of a hosting option.

Hover: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

InternetBs: The UI is terrible. It's popular for uncommon TLDs.

Ionos: I've only used it once for the $1 .com registration.

Joker.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Moniker: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Name.com: The UI is too simple, and the prices are a bit high.

NameBright: The UI is outdated, and the support is always offline.

Namecheap: The UI is okay, although it looks childish to me. It's not as cheap as its name suggests.

Namepal: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

NameSilo: The UI is old, and there's constant switching between the new and old panel.

NetworkSolutions: It feels trustworthy. It's an old but strong brand. Network Solutions, LLC is a domain name registrar with IANA Registrar ID: 2, while 1 is reserved. I put my brands here, although the renewal is a bit higher.

Onamae: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

OVH: Terrible! There's no refund for prohibited domains. For example, I registered something like gov.tld, and the registration didn't complete. There was no automatic refund; I had to create a ticket to ask for one, and they refused until I gave them a 1.0 rating on TrustPilot. The UI is hard to use.

Porkbun: I love it. There are many surprises on their website, which is quite attractive. The UI is simple. Domain management isn't very responsive; it takes a while to load for each domain. Support is fast.

Public Domain Registry: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Reg.ru: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Register.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Sav.com: The .com registration price was the lowest for a period, which is why I used it. Now, the new login page is terrible; I always fail to log in if I don't allow tracking cookies in Edge. The UI is simple, and the prices are a bit low.

Spaceship: It was good for the .com promo for a period. But I had an unpleasant experience with them regarding abusing promotions. They use tracking techniques to monitor my actions, which scared me off when they tracked me down for abusing promotions.

Z.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Overall, I think I'd vote for NetworkSolutions, Porkbun, Hexonet.net, Gandi.net, and Dynadot, any one of them.

Last edited:
•••
Joker.com is on the list they have 0 votes, they have not got many votes over the years.
Above not on list; NP refuses to include, year after year.

Above.com is a better domain than Joker.com

My vote still goes to Dynadot.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Spaceship, this year I bought many because of cheapest prices; I only vote for it

•••
I like Spaceship.. like the name

•••
Spaceship is really good for me but still miss afternic / sedo fast transfer. hope they will add it soon. @Spaceship

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy continues to fall further behind in the registrar poll every year. Even with the help of their own employees who secretly vote along, the worry continues. In the hope that GoDaddy will listen more to the genuine input on this forum, I look forward to a fair outcome of this poll, which will soon come to an end.

Best of luck to all registrars participating this year.

•••
•••
Dynadot
After all these years I got on board last month and very impressed. See your running ads on google, looking at one now on castanet.net
Pleasure to contribute, thanks for your contributions here too

•••
•••
101Domain: I'm not a fan of their UI and branding; it's unattractive to me. The prices seem quite high compared to others, as I've noticed while searching for the cheapest registration/renewal options on tld-list.com.

123-reg: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Alibaba Cloud: If you have common sense, you would avoid this one. Its background is sensitive, and it's likely that your registrant information is stored.

BlueHost: It's not a viable option for my hosting needs; it seems to offer high prices for low quality, nor is it an option for domains.

CloudFlare: So far, it's been pretty great. The only downside is that it only allows the use of their NS. I like the UI, but sometimes the button response can't keep up with my clicking speed. It feels safe and privacy-protected.

ConnectReseller.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

CosmoTown: I've registered many .com domains here when it was the cheapest option. It has all the basic functions required. However, it lacks DNSSEC, and you need to contact support to add it. The UI is quite poor; it looks like something from a template sharing platform, but it works fine.

DirectNic: I don't have much experience with this one, but the price is laughable: $17.17 for a .com domain, seriously? (Many registrars have similar prices, though, but why would I use it?)

Domain.com: The only appealing aspect is the domain name of the service itself.

Dotster: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Dynadot: Good UI, but like Cloudflare, the buttons sometimes need to be clicked slowly. The support is good with medium response speed. It supports a wide variety of TLDs and has a medium-sized marketplace and auction. The brand was hard to remember at first.

Epik: I loved this one before. In my opinion, it doesn't care what you do and won't ban you or delete your assets based on who you are or what you do. Or, perhaps it's intentionally supporting certain parties – I'm not sure, as I haven't done in-depth research. But, it felt safe to put my domains there, as it suggested before: the "Swiss bank of the domain industry". However, after the masterbuck incident, I lost trust in it, even though I wasn't one of the victims. When I wanted to transfer all my domains out, they retained me by offering a free renewal for a year. I hope it can be great again, but it's tough.

Fabulous: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

甘地:我喜欢。支持很专业而且很好。价格可以接受,并且 UI 很好,API 很快。公司计划很棒;有些域名需要额外付费才能注册,但您只需为该计划支付一次费用,即可在计划期内注册任意数量的域名,并且您可以在没有计划的情况下保留它们。我只是希望他们也有 Gandi.com。

Gname:我不太喜欢它;它似乎与在中国声誉不佳的中国大陆平台聚名网深度合作。UI还可以,价格也可以接受。但平台后台敏感,托管敏感域名不安全。

GoDaddy:我在对域名感兴趣之初就使用过它。价格不合理,支持也很糟糕。支持人员似乎缺乏领域知识。我发现我对领域的理解比他们更好。他们无法解决我的问题,我必须自己解决。如果您不关心域名的价格但希望保护品牌,那么这是很好的选择。用户界面还可以,但错误永远无法修复。搜索某些域名显示可以注册,但无法查看!

Hexonet:根据我的经验,价格高出 10-25%。经销商帐户的要求很低。他们提供顶级 API 响应和安全性。有很多功能,包括设置您自己的传输验证码、DoNotResolve、更新、传输锁定等。用户界面干净且文档齐全。

中国万网:这个我没什么好说的;我从来没有用过它。

HostPapa:这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

Hostinger:它更多的是一种托管选项。

Hover:这个我没什么好说的;我从来没有用过它。

InternetBs:用户界面很糟糕。它在不常见的 TLD 中很受欢迎。

Ionos:我只在 1 美元的 .com 注册中使用过一次。

Joker.com:关于这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

Moniker:关于这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

Name.com:UI太简单,而且价格有点高。

NameBright: UI已经过时,并且支持始终处于离线状态。

Namecheap:用户界面还可以,尽管对我来说看起来很幼稚。它并不像它的名字所暗示的那么便宜。

Namepal:关于这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

NameSilo: UI 很旧,新旧面板之间不断切换。

NetworkSolutions:感觉值得信赖。这是一个古老但实力雄厚的品牌。Network Solutions, LLC 是一家域名注册商,IANA 注册商 ID:2,而 1 已保留。我把我的品牌放在这里,虽然更新率有点高。

Onamae:关于这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

奥夫:太糟糕了!禁止的域名不予退款。例如,我注册了 gov.tld 之类的内容,但注册未完成。没有自动退款;我必须创建一张票来索取,但他们拒绝了,直到我在 TrustPilot 上给了他们 1.0 的评分。用户界面很难使用。

猪肉包子:我喜欢。他们的网站上有很多惊喜,相当吸引人。用户界面很简单。域管理响应速度不太快;每个域的加载都需要一段时间。支持速度很快。

公共域名注册管理机构:关于这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

Reg.ru:关于这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

Register.com:关于这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

Sav.com:.com注册价格是一段时间内最低的,这就是我使用它的原因。现在,新的登录页面很糟糕;如果我不允许在 Edge 中跟踪 cookie,我总是无法登录。UI很简单,而且价格有点低。

Spaceship:在一段时间内,这对 .com 的促销活动很有好处。但我在滥用促销方面与他们有过不愉快的经历。他们使用跟踪技术来监视我的行为,当他们因滥用促销而追踪我时,我被吓跑了。

Z.com:这个我没什么可说的;我从来没有用过它。

总的来说,我想我会投票给 NetworkSolutions、Porkbun、Hexonet.net、Gandi.net 和 Dynadot,其中任何一个。
you hope epik great again ?are you ok ?

•••
you hope epik great again ?are you ok ?
Thank you for your comment. I understand your concern and I appreciate your perspective. It's important to recognize that my hopes for Epik to become great again are not based on blind support or ignorance of its flaws. My appreciation for Epik stems from its initial promise and the features it offered, which aligned with my needs at the time. However, I am fully aware of the issues that have arisen, particularly the 'masterbuck incident', which understandably eroded trust.

When I express a hope for Epik to be great again, it's with the caveat that they acknowledge their mistakes and take concrete steps to rectify them. It's a complex situation, and my viewpoint is based on a balance between the positive aspects that originally attracted me to their service and the significant concerns that have since developed. It's not about supporting them unconditionally, but rather about hoping for a resolution that addresses the issues effectively. I believe it's fair to remain hopeful yet critical, understanding that improvement is a tough but necessary journey.

•••
Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates the holiday and thank you for voting. We are about 65 votes off last year's total votes, so we got a week left to break that 699 number.

•••
I never heard of the winner but I’m shipping all my stuff there like chicken dinner

•••
Everything is clear, except who will take 5th place, Porkbun or Sav.com.
5th Porkbun 38 votes 5.8%
6th Sav.com 37 votes 5.7%

•••
Gotta go with Dynadot although I do like Sav as well.

•••
•••
•••
•••
They had the same amount of votes (299) as #2 through #7 combined. Impressive.

Brad
Now the question for me Brad, Do the other registrars care? Do they want to make strides to do better in being thought of as the best in world of domain investors. Most registrars on the list have employees here it would be great if some gave their thoughts.

•••
Most registrars on the list have employees here it would be great if some gave their thoughts.
It is a pity that the names of voters are no longer made transparent. This way you could find out which employees had secretly voted for their own employer.

•••
It is a pity that the names of voters are no longer made transparent. This way you could find out which employees had secretly voted for their own employer.
That explained why Epik has 9 votes because they used to have 9 members here working for them.

•••
Does anyone else dislike Namesilo's policy of bulk renewing upcoming domains on the first of the month? Personally I detest it. Not the only reason they don't get my vote. I have a very modest number of names there.
@namesilo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back