IT.COM

Domain Sales Letter Examples

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Domain sales letter example

Hi there,
I was wondering if some of you could give some examples of your domain seller letters that you send to partys you think might be interested in buying them.

Dear ......

etc etc

I am interested in how some of the more experience domainers here pitch their product. In our case domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by SlashRoot.Com
I am sure you meant "...Domain name ownership transfer is free..."

Just an observation....

Thanks for sharing this nicely written letter with everyone.

Slashroot.
I have edited the original SAMPLE LETTER. Yes, naturally it is too reflect "ownership transfer".
Thankyou!

•••
Originally posted by WandaCox
I have edited the original SAMPLE LETTER. Yes, naturally it is too reflect "ownership transfer".
Thankyou!

This is an example that Wanda recently posted in the "Domain Discussions" Forum ... and I really think it deserves to be recognized here in this thread, as an effective Marketing sample, IMHO:

Originally posted by WandaCox
LocalBride.com and LocalBrides.com:

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 5:27 PM
>
> These two quality, keyword domains are for sale. We are seeking an interested end buyer. These domains are ready too be developed. All offers will be considered, and you can expect a same day ownership transfer.
>
> Thankyou & we hope too hear back from you.
>
> I can be reached by phone or email.
>
> WandaMay~Cox

:kickass:

•••
This thread is GREAT! Make it sticky!

•••
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you on behalf of {company or website}. We have the domain, {domain.tld}, of which we were wondering if you'd be intrested in making an offer towards it, as it's {reason, ie. related to your site, etc.}. If you are intrested in purchacing the domain and/or placing an offer, please reply to this email.

King regards, and take care,
{your name}

This is very good... can I use it?

•••
Originally posted by hilljd00
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you on behalf of {company or website}. We have the domain, {domain.tld}, of which we were wondering if you'd be intrested in making an offer towards it, as it's {reason, ie. related to your site, etc.}. If you are intrested in purchacing the domain and/or placing an offer, please reply to this email.

King regards, and take care,
{your name}

This is very good... can I use it?

That is why they are their.

•••
oh silly me :( lol...

I will make one and post

•••
oh silly me :( lol...

I will make one and post

Thank you.

•••
Dear Sirs,

I am emailing you on behalf of [website name/company]. We currently hold the [domain.tld] and were wondeing if you would like to make an offer on this domain. As it is related to your [domain/company] because [reason.] This domain attracts [vistors] which could all be re-directed to your [domain.tld] to get you more vistors.
If you are intrested in making an offer or purchasing this domain please reply to this email.

Yours Sincerely
[Name]

•••
Dear Sirs,

I am emailing you on behalf of [website name/company]. We currently hold the [domain.tld] and were wondeing if you would like to make an offer on this domain. As it is related to your [domain/company] because [reason.] This domain attracts [vistors] which could all be re-directed to your [domain.tld] to get you more vistors.
If you are intrested in making an offer or purchasing this domain please reply to this email.

Yours Sincerely
[Name]

Good One.

•••
you really like? or you just saying that?

•••
you really like? or you just saying that?

I believe he meant it. :)

•••
•••
Lots of great samples. If I was the recipient of such a letter it would be nice to know about: transfer costs, possession date, hits, asking price, re-registration date, how long the offer is good for, contact info. Some of the letters I've read here contain this info. Good stuff!

•••
yeah me too I'm gonna use these as soon as I get domains lol

•••
I am not a great wordsmith and am just learning this domain name business, but this wording got me my biggest domain sale ever, earlier this year - a low offer came out of the blue but with the help of this email to plenty of targetted companies, I ended up with six companies fighting to get the name. The result - a five figure $ cheque for me and a very happy customer who was delighted to get the name.

For the urgent attention of
CEO, [COMPANY]

My name is [NAME] and I am the Registrant and Administrative contact for:

[www.DOMAINNAME.com]

This domain is currently for sale and I intend to sell it in the immediate future. The domain name is available for immediate transfer.

I currently have received an offer of US$XXXX for the name.

Your company features strongly in search engines when looking for [MYDOMAIN] and I believe the domain name would form a useful addition to your business.

You will be aware that all the important extensions of [DOMAINNAME] are already taken and that the dot com version of any name is the first one most people think of when looking for such a site.

I am looking for $XXXX for the name which I believe is a fair value.

If you would be interested in acquiring this name for your business, please contact me by email at

[[email protected]]

within the next 24 hours with an indication of what you feel the name is worth to your business.

Best regards

[NAME]
[CONTACT DETAILS]

I believe this works well if you do indeed have an offer for the name and you can identify other companies who might benefit from it.

I have found that if you ask people to make an offer for what the name is worth to them, generally they will come back with a genuine offer - for me this has far outweighed the ones that come back with a $10 offer!

Their offer may not be as much as your fair value but that is where the negotiating comes in! Alternatively their idea of the name's worth may surprisingly exceed what you think it is worth!

Hope this works for others as well.

Good luck

DavidH

•••
...............:sold::sold:

Last edited:
•••
DavidH, you're letter is perfect. I am going to start using something like that

•••
•••
•••
nice domain jeff. domain.com...:)

•••
Originally posted by Josh
nice domain jeff. domain.com...:)

This was probably just an example. Whois shows that domain.com was registered on 01-jul-1994. Besides, domain.com would probably fetch upwards of $x,xxx given the sheer number of domain speculators.

•••
Here's my tweeked up version:

The title is: "XXXXX.com - Domain Name Inquiry"

"Hello. I am the current owner of the Domain Name: XXXXX.com and am in the process of entertaining offers for this exclusive name. How much would XXXXX.com be worth to your business?

If this interests you, or if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at your convience. No need to reply if XXXXX.com is not in your marketing plan.

Thanks for your time.
Scott T."

ST

•••
This is the recently "revised" one I'm using now with some of my potential End user "leads"!

ExampleDomain.com - Domain Name Inquiry.

Dear Mr./Mrs. Example:
We own the URL/domain name, "ExampleDomain.com" and we are currently entertaining all reasonable offers for purchase. The domain is registered at ExampleRegistrar and doesn't expire until 00/00/04. We can negotiate and accept an immediate Offer via Paypal ... and then easily "free push" the domain to YOUR account at ExampleRegistrar (the Registrar) within a matter of moments after acceptance.

If you are interested in acquiring this domain name for your site/business and this "Quick Sale" offer, or should you have any questions, please feel free to E-mail me at your earliest convenience. You may also call us toll-free at 1.800.XXX.XXXX!

Thank you for your time and consideration.
-Signed professionally :)

:talk:

•••
Great Sales letter, CH!
Thanks alot for sharing!

•••
Originally posted by webmasterinfo
Great Sales letter, CH!
Thanks alot for sharing!

You're welcome. :)
Let's Crank it up with those End user :$: leads, friends! :tu:
B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back