IT.COM

Domain Sales Letter Examples

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Domain sales letter example

Hi there,
I was wondering if some of you could give some examples of your domain seller letters that you send to partys you think might be interested in buying them.

Dear ......

etc etc

I am interested in how some of the more experience domainers here pitch their product. In our case domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1ST EXAMPLE:

Dear (WhoIs, if current) or Sir/Madam, Hello, Greetings, etc.

re: XYZonline.com

I'm writing you today to bring to your express attention, the above mentioned (also in the header's Subject field) domain name/s that is/are currently available for investment at MyResellerSite.com. We're confident you'll agree that this unique identity will prove to be of strategic value to your company's online presence. (For these optional reasons?) Therefore I'm prepared to offer you this opportunity today, at a fair price. Please in/en quire. Thankyou for your consideration. Have an excellent day, week, holiday season, etc.

Best regards,

Senior Sales Associate
MyResellerSite.com
(123) 456.7890

EXAMPLE 2:

Greetings, Hello, etc.

I'm writing you today in regard to some of the many identities we currently have available for investment at MyResellerSite.com. Hereafter are several names, uniquely relevant to your companies online competativeness.

Current Offerings:

ABC.com
DEF.com
GHI.com
KLM.com

Please contact us at your earliest convenience to request pricings, or so we can answer any questions you may have, pertaining to these investments. Thanyou for your express consideration. Have an excellent day, Holiday season, etc.

Kind regards,

Sales Associates
MyResellerSite.com
(123) 456.7890

Last edited:
•••
Great thread. I'm going to have to try my hand at this.

•••
Originally posted by Terry
Great thread. I'm going to have to try my hand at this.

:bingo:

Those relevant End user's are your bread and butter, IMHO.
Consistency is key!
Best of Luck, Terry.

•••
NameIcon, nice approach!

•••
whoa!..... great sales idea..am drafting to sell one of my names...hopefully...:gl:

•••
A related question. If sending to an established web site, do you send the first contact email to the address supplied on the web site or the Whois?

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Terry
A related question. If sending to an established web site, do you send the first contact email to the address supplied on the web site or the Whois?

To: Address on Website
CC: Address in Whois

IMHO.
:talk:

•••
Bump for this thread and a question:

Anybody ever try snail-mailing a letter to an end user? These are some great examples!

•••
thanks to all of you fellas... i've learned a lot today... wow :)

•••
•••
bumped this, very good thread, thanks coastalguy for pointing it out!
bookmarked ;)

•••
This should be made sticky:)

•••
Wow what a great idea, thanks for the thread Lion

•••
Bookmarked and using one of the examples.

•••
Have posted this before.... Bit late I know and for those who have read it, sorry.....

1. First up introduce the name and a strap line i.e. - "RE: XXXX.com -- 400 visitors a day -- A one off rare sale of this unique web name" (do not use domain, to a non internet junkie 'domain' wont mean anything)
2. Next, a hard one, get past what in marketing is called 'the gatekeeper'. That person who filters the approaches made their organistaion yet holds little power. You might like to put something along the lines of - "I am sorry this letter goes without a recipient but this is an important and rare opportunity for your business and you should pass this onto the person responsible for gaining new business for your organisation". Again, this sentence is very dependant upon the size of your prospect, nature of domain, industry, value of domain etc etc
3. Next is the hook, heres where you have that short period of time to tell them why they need your name. "I am sorry for this crude and impersonal approach, but I have recently acquired the rare and generic web name XXXX.com. This web address alone receives 400 customers (again, do not use the words 'type ins' or 'hits') a day from people all looking for the kind of service your business provides. That equals 2000 potential new customers a week, 9000 a month".
4. Ok, they can now imagine the potential. Now you must now give them the benefits - though do give them too much here for you dont know their business. Maybe a question like "What would you pay for a salesman who could generate that kind of business for you?"
5. Now you must take away their internet industry concerns and this is more important than you might think. You must give yourself status and kudos and show that youre bonafide and not as a chancer looking to make a quick buck from an unsuspecting and naive company - for this will be your prospects fears - Something like, "I have been trading in web names for over 5 years now [this gives you stature], I only trade in valuable and generic names [kudos] and I target my marketing only to select organisations likely to be interested in acquiring such names ['big up' the prospect]".
6. Next, give them a bargain and be considerate and slightly self defecating. "This name has been independantly valued at $$$$$" or "names very similar to XXXX.com have been sold recently for $$$$$ (give examples)", "though, as I am sure you are aware, a name is only as valuable as what someone is prepared to pay for it"
7. The close. "Therefore from xyz date, I am taking offers for the lease of this name starting at $$$$ per annum or, if you would like to buy this name outright including all current and future rights, I will accept bids over $$$$$"
8. Where to next. "At the moment this name is exclusively being marketed to a limited number organisations and I reserve the right to remove this offer and sell this name elsewhere at any time. In the meantime, if you see value in owning or leasing this name and if you wish to discuss this offer further either by telephone or by email, my contact details are listed below".
9. The end "If for any reason this offer is not of interest to you, I thank you for your time, yours etc etc etc"
10. In the UK we are always urged to write "Without prejudice, no contract given or implied" at the bottom of such correspondences.

Hope this helps and good luck folks

Ian Collier
BA(Hons) MCIM

•••
Thank you one and all. This is what everyone at NP is about. :hearts:
Peace,kp

•••
I use a simple.. easy email approach such as:

Hello,
I am WandaCox, owner of the web domain:
CableAds.us & CableAd.us

I am currently listing these domains for sale
on the "open domain" aftermarket.

My asking price for the pkg. is $500

Should your organization have interest in
acquisition.. feel free to contact me.

email: bla bla bla
Mobile: bla bla bla
KindRegards
WandaCox
www.NameFleet.com
"Brandable Web Names"

•••
This is without a doubt the most useful thread I've ever seen anywhere. It was started way before I joined this website so I just wanted to thank the starter and contributors--and this thread deserves a bump!

AmCy

Last edited:
•••
Wanda said:
* phone contact is always a great way to cut too the chase and get too the decision maker..

Phone calls are VERY expensive. Not only do you most likely have to pay long distance for just about every call but it also takes a lot of time and taht is much more expensive. Getting to a decision maker on the phone can be very hard to do depending on thephone # you are using and the size/structure of the company you're calling.

Phone calling is only a viable way of marketing if you KNOW you can get a high price or your domain. Snail mail could be a good way to contact some of the companies you think would offer a fairly decent amount.

I think that, depending on your domain and market, a mix of email, phone, and snail mail would be necessary to get maximum exposure and offers for any domain.

•••
Have any of you ever advertised a domain offline? I am specifically thinking of a classifieds ad or something.

•••
THis thread needs to become a sticky IMO JEFF?

•••
calian said:
Have any of you ever advertised a domain offline? I am specifically thinking of a classifieds ad or something.

Not me, but I been putting out some press releases lately, and my next release will be for a .COM domain name in my portfolio. I recently read this release and liked it.

AmCy

equity78 said:
THis thread needs to become a sticky IMO JEFF?

I second that motion.

:tu: :tu: :tu:

AmCy

•••
AMCY I am working on PRESS releases too I agree 100 % they are one of the best ways. PRWEB is free I have a contact at Primezone I will see If I can get a discount for NP.

•••
i've domain for sale.. anyone interested? :hehe:

•••
Man, you guys are amateurs.

Man, you guys are amateurs.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back