IT.COM

Domain Sales Letter Examples

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Domain sales letter example

Hi there,
I was wondering if some of you could give some examples of your domain seller letters that you send to partys you think might be interested in buying them.

Dear ......

etc etc

I am interested in how some of the more experience domainers here pitch their product. In our case domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by jbtrader23
What's the best subject line to use in those letters?

I usually just add the domain name. The recipient(s) should recognize it, if they own a similar domain name.

Additionally, you can gather contact info by using whois.sc and searching for a similar keyword.

•••
Subject line: "domainname.com - inquiry."

Note: Be sure to substitute THE domain name in place of "domainname.com", unless, of course, the e-mail is regarding "domainname.com" ... in that case $$$. IMHO.

:laugh:
Good Luck! :D

•••
One thing that should be avoided is making the email look like a SPAM email. Very much so when it comes to the Subject line.

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Subject line: "domainname.com - inquiry."

Note: Be sure to substitute THE domain name in place of "domainname.com", unless, of course, the e-mail is regarding "domainname.com" ... in that case $$$. IMHO.

:laugh:
Good Luck! :D

:lol:

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Domainname.com-inquiry

That's a really good subject line to use, it doesnt have that obnoxious spam like quality...."L@@K..Super rare, domainname.com 4 sale!!"

The just reeks of low class.

What are some other good subject lines, that don't look like spam?

•••
i will try that later today

•••
Originally posted by laskos
i will try that later today

Good Luck with your marketing efforts, Laskos! :)

:kickass:

•••
Needs a bump.... :notme:

•••
How Does This Sound?

Hi,

I have been browsing the internet and have come across your organization. Apparently i happen to own ______. I believe that this domain is more useful for your organization than me. So, if you are interested in buying this domain please contact me. I am willing to sell my domain ................
You can email at this address _________ for further information.

If you are not interested, please mail me back as i will know your intentions.

Thanks.

This is if you know the price you are going for. What do you think? is it ok if i sent this kind of letter?

•••
Re: How Does This Sound?

Originally posted by Webtwink
Hi,

I have been browsing the internet and have come across your organization. Apparently i happen to own ______. I believe that this domain is more useful for your organization than me. So, if you are interested in buying this domain please contact me. I am willing to sell my domain ................
You can email at this address _________ for further information.

If you are not interested, please mail me back as i will know your intentions.

Thanks.

This is if you know the price you are going for. What do you think? is it ok if i sent this kind of letter?

Yea that is a good one. :tu:

•••
thanks

thank you, that is why i am da bomb:gl:

•••
After the Reg. Team Competition is completed on August 19th, I will share what I can here from my "Team Blue". Naturally, this is subject to approval by a majority of the Team.
Effective "Marketing Letters" are integral to the Sales process, IMHO.

•••
SAMPLE LETTER:

www.InkKit.com
This domain name is for sale and ready for development. We are contacting you direct, as your business is directly related too the Ink-Jet-Refill industry.

There is only one .com in any quality domain, and this name fits the bill. Finding a quality, keyword rich domain is not an easy task, as most of the great .com's are already in use.

This domain represents keywords which rec'. XXXX searches monthly...

This domain is listed for auction/sale on various high traffic name auction sites. Our fair asking price is: $XXX

Feel free too contact me if you are interested in ownership.

Domain ownership transfer is free and painless and you can expect a same day ownership transfer.

I am available to answer any questions you may have by email or telephone. My contact details are below:

PHONE:
Email:

Kind Regards
WandaMay~Cox
GNM services Corp!

Last edited:
•••
*** POINT OF PERSONAL OPINION ***
(SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC)

I'm fairly new here, so pardon the interruption for this unsolicited opinion. I had been planning to express it in a PM, but I continue to be so overwhelmingly impressed, that I decided, moments ago, to post it right here:

Over the past 6-7 years, I have subscribed to not less than two dozens discussion groups, spanning a variety of subjects. As well, I founded and continued to moderate a fairly prominent public relations industry discussion group.

NEVER have I been so impressed with a moderator than I am with Jeff (CoolHost), whose chosen nic is more appropriate than even he likely intended.

Yeah, he bailed me out of an uncomfortable situation several nights ago. But my observations are based purely on the scope of his involvement, his seeming perpetual presence, the character and integrity which shines through in his public communications and his steady hand at managing to make everyone here feel good about their participation.

So Jeff, like it or not, you've now been publicly tributed.

Just be thankful that I didn't make it a poll :)

•••
Thank you for your very kind words, Scott. :red:
Humbled and MORE than embarrassed.

:hehe:

Have a great domain day!

:notme:

•••
Originally posted by WandaCox
SAMPLE LETTER:

www.InkKit.com
This domain name is for sale and ready for development. We are contacting you direct, as your business is directly related too the Ink-Jet-Refill industry.

There is only one .com in any quality domain, and this name fits the bill. Finding a quality, keyword rich domain is not an easy task, as most of the great .com's are already in use.

This domain represents keywords which rec'. XXXX searches monthly...

This domain is listed for auction/sale on various high traffic name auction sites. Our fair asking price is: $XXX

Feel free too contact me if you are interested in ownership.

Domain name ownership is free and painless and you can expect a same day ownership transfer.

I am available to answer any questions you may have by email or telephone. My contact details are below:

PHONE:
Email:

Kind Regards
WandaMay~Cox
GNM services Corp!

Nice, Wanda ... 25 NP$'s en route to you now!
PS. You may wish to check your "to/too's", just an observation.
Well done.

:xf.love:

•••
NP$ Question

Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Nice, Wanda ... 25 NP$'s en route to you now!
PS. You may wish to check your "to/too's", just an observation.
Well done.

:xf.love:

How do i get NP$ like that. I also posted a letter too:( . Does it need to be really good to get 25 NP$:?

Also i know each time i post i get NP$. just to let u know, when you answer my question.

•••
Originally posted by Webtwink
How do i get NP$ like that. I also posted a letter too:( . Does it need to be really good to get 25 NP$:?

Done! 35 NP$'s en route ... I missed your post the first time around, Webtwink. My bad.
Enjoy and have a GREAT domain day. :)

•••
Originally posted by WandaCox
SAMPLE LETTER:
<snipped>

Domain name ownership is free and painless and you can expect a same day ownership transfer.

I am sure you meant "...Domain name ownership transfer is free..."

Just an observation....

Thanks for sharing this nicely written letter with everyone.

Slashroot.

•••
Originally posted by DomainMyName
NEVER have I been so impressed with a moderator than I am with Jeff (CoolHost), whose chosen nic is more appropriate than even he likely intended.

Yeah, he bailed me out of an uncomfortable situation several nights ago. But my observations are based purely on the scope of his involvement, his seeming perpetual presence, the character and integrity which shines through in his public communications and his steady hand at managing to make everyone here feel good about their participation.

Agreed 100%

•••

oops, you are offering free domain names here :)

overall a great letter imo!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back