IT.COM

Domain Parking: Tips & Tricks to Help You Earn More!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

smurge

The journey is never endingVIP Member
Impact
And so it begins!:wave:

My goal is to help people learn more about the parking industry and help them earn more money while spending less of it.

There are tons of tricks,tips,secrets that people use to make money in this business.

Let me say this, I will not discuss illegal or bad practices here so please don't ask.

What will I talk about? How to find domains,with traffic for cheap. Creating long term wealth for yourself and how to do it on a budget. I will answer questions and talk about what I know. If there is something I'm not familiar with or not knowledgeable about I will say so.

I am not here to start flaming wars with other domainers or parking gurus. Everyone has their own set of rules to making money. If you don't like mine, that's okay , but please share your ideas with everyone instead of bashing others.

Myths I want to debunk now:

#1. Parking is dead. (Far from it)

#2. You can't make money doing it. (B.S.- you can make a ton of money in it)

#3. Only the rich can do this. (This is not true!)

#4. Google doesn't like domain parking! (Yes they do, they make a ton of money off it. If they hated it so much why do they continue to support it?)

----

So what's the point of all this? It's to help people with parking.

Please feel free to email,pm, or post your questions here and I will do my best to answer them all.

Thanks!

RJ

(P.S. I'm not the best writer so I apologize for any grammar or sentence structure mistakes in advance.)

--Answers to Questions I'm frequently asked!--

#1. What parking companies do I support/like?

These are the main ones I use and have had great success with. I base my success not only on the amount of money I make but also, customer service and transparency.

In alphabetical order:

- Bodis.com (Supports Foreign Traffic)(Zero Click Model Supported)
- Domainsponsor.com (Supports Foreign Traffic) (Zero Click Model Supported)
- Parkingcrew.com (Supports Foreign Traffic)
- Voodoo.com (Highest Payouts In The Industry)

#2. What tools do you use to help you evaluate domains?

Besides my own "TOOL", which I'm not here to promote I would suggest the following;

1. Push2check.com - Great resource site (I do not affiliated with them in anyway)

If we break down the tools I generally look at the following:

Traffic Sources: (Understand that no tool is 100% accurate but together you can get a great picture.)

1. Compete.com
2. Alexa.com
3. Quantcast.com
4. Verisign Labs: http://domainscore.verisignlabs.com/ ( WARNING: This tool to be used when you have mastered other tools. The information on this site is tricky but can be useful)

History of the domain:

1. Archive.org
2. who.is

Backlinks: ( There are plenty of tools for these but here are some sites I use)

1. Majesticseo.com
2. Google Backlinks
3. Yahoo Backlinks
4. DuckDuckGo.com
5. AHrefs.com: https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/subdomains/brickbuyers.com
6. opensiteexplorer.org (Enjoy this one. It's the search engine for backlinks)

Keywords:

1. Google Keyword Tool

#3. Where can I get lists to analyze:

I have my own tools that do the work for me however here are a few places you can grab lists from to analyze:

1. Dynadot.com
2. Expireddomains.net - (good site)
3. Namejet.com
4. Snapnames.com
5. Godaddy.com
6. Freshdrop.net - (this covers a majority of the above & more)

#4. Do all your domains make money?:

NO!

I'll say it again : NO! I STILL PICK LOSERS!

In fact anyone who says they make money on every single purchase is lying. No one has a 100% success rate and you don't need to. What you need to do to win in this business is;

#1. Pick 51% winners
#2. Make sure to keep your costs low and make more then your spending.

Understand a single domain can make up the costs of lost ones. I picked a domain that makes me $15.00 a day in revenue. That means I'll make $450 a month with it and it's recouped $300 I've lost on previous domains.

Trust me, the sea of domains is massive and there are ton's of GOLDEN NUGGETS ready to be mined by all.

#5. How much do you spend on domains?:

I've spent anywhere from $.99 - $x,xxx! If I like a domain I will spend what I need, to get it as long as "I CAN STILL MAKE A PROFIT"! That's the key.

However, recently I am testing a new program which allows me to buy strictly "HANDREGS". YUP, Handregs! You would be surprised at how much stuff is just sitting on the ocean floor of domains that people think are garbage.

#6. Blacklisted Domains? Revenue Sucks! HELLLLLP!

This is something that's not addressed a lot and something everyone should be aware of: THE BLACK LIST!

This still happens to me this day. I'll buy a domain only to find out the previous owner got blacklisted from Google. This will affect your revenue greatly because Google will not allow Parking Companies to display the proper ad's on your site. If this happens you will need to go to a second feed like Yahoo! or Zeroclick model.

Common Terms for Blacklisted:

1. Faillisted
2. Blacklisted
3. Fail

Check the status of a domain when you park it and you'll see what I mean.

Edit:6/12/2012: Thank You www.ri.sch.edu.sg for this tool!

Originally Posted by www.ri.sch.edu.sg

One thing I can add to this thread is to check if the domain is blacklisted before you purchase them, simply point to:

https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=(Insert Domain Here)

Classification:

Primary = Google

Secondary = All others but Google (Faillisted,blacklisted, etc from google)

Hope that helps

#7. YUM! YUM! Domain Tasting

If you're not sure what this is it's when you buy a domain and test the traffic for a set amount of time and if your not happy with the traffic you can get a refund or partial refund of your handreg fee.

One thing I see all the time is: Domain tasting is dead! No it's not!

Yes; it might not be as prevalent as it once used to be but there are companies out there that still allow it. How do I know this? Because I do it.

#8. Can I promote or advertise my parked domains?

No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No!

If I wasn't clear let me repeat it; NO!

#9. What do all those backlinks mean from different sites?

(Thanks Martiinko for the info)

All those sites "backlink" scanners work by "downloading" the pages all over internet and then searching for URLs in it. Moving from one page to the other over these links. But...

1. There maybe a difference in last time they check this domain for backlinks.

2. There is definitely a huge difference in their databases of pages. That means if one site has smaller DB they don't probably have all the backlinks from as many pages as the other site.

3. Some backlinks are maybe updated, some maybe aren't. The process of "crawling" the web is very time consuming, so not all the backlinks can be verified every day.

To your other question. The links like you described are ok. If you park a domain all the requests go straight to the main page. But what is important is where is the link located. Is it a "spam in comments section", is it in the "blog post" or is maybe a "banner"?

So I collected couple different pages (and I'm collecting even more) for you to check if the webpage/domain was ever parked before ;) Some have form input some are just simple url + domain name.
I will make it into a simple web app, so you don't have to go to all of this pages when checking a domain name for parking history. Mostly screenshots.

Was this domain name parked before?
All of them are free. And I don't have any connection to them whatsoever.

Fun fact: This article got to 2th place in google search for Domain name parking history after 20 minutes.

*** WORDS OF WISDOM ***

1. Never spend money you can't afford to lose! Consider every domain investment a loss till you make your money back because that's what it is. No one can tell me different on this and the reason why is you are "NEGATIVE" that amount of money till it's recouped.

2. When you buy a domain to park; look to get your initial investment back within 6-12 months.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also, think of it this way;

If you were to put $1.00 in your 401k and it made a 20% R.O.I ($1.20 total) people would be happy with that.

If you put a $1.00 into a domain and have already made $15.00 (1400% ROI) they wouldnt believe it's possible. This is why I love this. I would rather put my money into domains and watch it get a 20,000% ROI versus 3% in some 401k.

agree

I hand reg 2 domains potlabel and watermelonpolitics dot com for 99cent and already making money plus offers

•••
I agree too, but the ROI must be calculated taking into account the "loosers" too if you are serious in the business. I mean the domains regged for parking that do not reach expectations.
I own many domains that costed me $1-7 that generates $50-500 in 6 months. But it's tricky to buy winners.

•••
Very strange.

$1-7 per domain? Are you meaning (dot)com domain?
which domains registration provide this cheap price?

thank you very much.

•••
I agree too, but the ROI must be calculated taking into account the "loosers" too if you are serious in the business. I mean the domains regged for parking that do not reach expectations.
I own many domains that costed me $1-7 that generates $50-500 in 6 months. But it's tricky to buy winners.

You are correct. You must take into account winners and losers. I always analyze my domains every 3 months to compare, how much I bought it for and how much it's made. Basically I am able to forecast which ones i'm going to keep each year and which ones im going to let expire.

•••
Very strange.

$1-7 per domain? Are you meaning (dot)com domain?
which domains registration provide this cheap price?

Sorry, I meant 1-7€ for .com. But it's not such a difference.
You can buy at those prices using Godaddy coupons or special offers from other registars. Moniker, Namecheap or namesilo have good prices for .com.

Not all domains I buy cost me this little. Others are bought using backorders or (if i'm not lucky) in auctions.

•••
hi, Smurge and Everyone,

I will register some domains, these domains was selected be me carefully.

Can you give me some suggestion.

The domain list is below:

appleitunesdownloads.com
waveps.com
caracolmission.com
phoenixcelebrityclassic.com
celebilernakliyat.com
ppcprovital.com
horaart.com
limbsoflove.com
corpexlimousine.com
pyeelectric.com
autotrig.com
insurancecenter.net

any suggestions will be great.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

•••
hi, Smurge and Everyone,

I will register some domains, these domains was selected be me carefully.

Can you give me some suggestion.

The domain list is below:

appleitunesdownloads.com
waveps.com
caracolmission.com
phoenixcelebrityclassic.com
celebilernakliyat.com
ppcprovital.com
horaart.com
limbsoflove.com
corpexlimousine.com
pyeelectric.com
autotrig.com
insurancecenter.net

any suggestions will be great.

:wave: :wave: :wave:
"carefully". This not match. First domain is trademarked on all 100%
Other domains are hard in pronunciation and spelling and something unclear. In 2013 are free 3-word domains .com like travelcountryclub.com
About your last .net domain too not cool. .net domains must be short with high quantity of montly seaches like floridaflat.net

•••
NewDoma,

Thank you very much,
As you said, the first domain's backlinks are spam when I check them the second time.
The remain domains are not base on keyword related, but have backlinks.

As now, I think these domain are not very well also.

if not think the keyword factor,
waveps.com will be better?
this domain has quality backlinks and good history,
this domain is about cosmetic surgery.

•••
Hi new to the forum.

Just spent pretty much most of my day reading the re reading this whole thread and what an interesting read it was.

I hand reg a few websites before i got to this forum now im thinking i wasted my money.

If these hand reg websites have no backlinks but just massive keyword searches globally, how will people ever land on these pages?

In addition, since there was no traffic & backfroms from new, is it pretty much doomed from the word go for domain parking?

•••
Hi guys! This thread is mostly about parking domains with backlinks! If you have quality backlinks, you don't need any more things. So, monthly searches by keyword in domain are not important if we talk about backlinks.

•••
Hi guys! This thread is mostly about parking domains with backlinks! If you have quality backlinks, you don't need any more things. So, monthly searches by keyword in domain are not important if we talk about backlinks.
How them create if parking companies forbid leaving links on sites for parked domains by owners?

•••
Another question i have.

Do we get paid for only the sponsored links shown on the page and not the related links on the side?

If we do get paid for both, are the related links created by the parking company using our keywords? I have used sedo and was able to create the related links on the side but dont know if they were payable and where the link took you to.

•••
How them create if parking companies forbid leaving links on sites for parked domains by owners?

Of course you are not allowed to create backlinks, but you can find domains with existing backlinks. Sometimes previous owners let them expire. I think it's early for you to buy domains. Read the thread carefully. Try to understand what the parking is and where the traffic comes from. Why discuss anything here if you didn't learn the basics.

•••
Of course you are not allowed to create backlinks, but you can find domains with existing backlinks. Sometimes previous owners let them expire. I think it's early for you to buy domains. Read the thread carefully. Try to understand what the parking is and where the traffic comes from. Why discuss anything here if you didn't learn the basics.
But from where existing backlinks of domains are?

•••
adwords

Thanx for all the great info! I have been searching through google adwords and found a few sites that the competition is HIGH and the monthly global hits are 90,500 and the domain name is available letter for letter but the extension is .info what other checks would i do since this site is not created and no backlinks?
would this be a good site for parking? or is there a lot more to go with this?

thanx

Dan

•••
This is the realest thread about parking I've ever come across. Hope it keeps going.

•••
<removed> - I think this is the wrong thread for my question

Last edited:
•••
Hi Smurg, I have a question. I have registered a domain with many backlinks, it has about 200 IP per day parked in DS and parkingcrew, howerver, it has no any traffic parked in Bodis. Why?

•••
230 searches but no visitors DS

@ Smurge: You are using Domainsponsor. Do you know how it can be that one of my domains has 230 Searches but no single visitor? It´s strange.

•••
Dancarl
If a domain doesnt have any backlinks to get typein traffic you really need the dot com IMO

•••
Dancarl
If a domain doesnt have any backlinks to get typein traffic you really need the dot com IMO

Can you explain what you've wrote here? Backlinks to get type-in traffic? Are you ok? And why does he need .com?

Last edited:
•••
I meant the following

If a domain has no backlinks.. Ie just registered.. And you are relying on type-ins to get traffic then you should stick to dot coms, parking a non. Com with no backlinks is likely to get zero type-in traffic.. Hope that explains my point better? Apologize if first reply to Dancarl wasnt clear

•••
Can anyone help??? I have a domain which is currently parked with Voodoo. Once in a while a get 1 visitor according to the stats, no searches and no clicks but according to Google Adwords the exact domain name stats are Global 9900, US 1300, UK 5400.

Am I correct in saying that their is something not right here? According to me I should be seeing either 9900 searches on my Voodoo stats.thanks

the domain is dot com

•••
Can anyone help??? I have a domain which is currently parked with Voodoo. Once in a while a get 1 visitor according to the stats, no searches and no clicks but according to Google Adwords the exact domain name stats are Global 9900, US 1300, UK 5400.

Am I correct in saying that their is something not right here? According to me I should be seeing either 9900 searches on my Voodoo stats.thanks

the domain is dot com

Google Adwords show the searches are from google official site not from your parked domain

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back