IT.COM

advice domain--names .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ahmed Taha

Established Member
Impact
What do you think about double dashes in domain, good or bad invest , it cost me only 11$ each

ex:
web--games.com
online--doctor.com
online--books.com
windows--vps.com
windows--hosting.com
web---sites.com
metal--detectors.com
investing--online.com
sell--annuity.com
hard--drive.com
car-donate.com
online--trading.com

sedo price suggestions is $500 for each, what is your suggestions?

Thanks in advanced

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks all so much for help and support, still looking for any extra available advice

•••
0000--0000.com
7777--7777.com

8888--8888.info
8888--8888.net

8--8.info
2--2.info

•••
One thing for sure, you won't be in this business for long...

•••
hmmm not a smart move!

1 dash is iffy enough multiple dashes are simply a waste of $$!!

•••
•••
•••
You can better use this money to hand reg. some other domains..they would payoff a little..But the hypens --- are a risk factor..They use in Germany but not more than a one.

•••
Thanks all so much for help and support, still looking for any extra available advice
If you starting off,
  • Stick with dotcoms
  • Shorter and meaningful domains. e.g., BestMilk.com is ok. However, BestMilkOnline.com would be a hard sell
  • Try avoiding hyphens unless it's real good and meaningful domain such as Money-Monkey.com
  • Finally, use 99 cents godaddy coupons to register your domains. This way, even if you make mistake, it won't bite you too hard. All the best :)

•••
web--games because web-games was taken and web-games because webgames was taken. Ah good ol domaining.

You would see web---games if it was allowed.

•••
  • Finally, use 99 cents godaddy coupons to register your domains. This way, even if you make mistake, it won't bite you too hard. All the best :)

Ya except you are only allowed to use one

•••
Ya except you are only allowed to use one
Make as GD accounts and take advantage of this deal :)
I know this is a big hassle. However, it's worth it for the starters...

•••
Make as GD accounts and take advantage of this deal :)
I know this is a big hassle. However, it's worth it for the starters...
Wouldn't recommend. They might flag your account and close all of them. I think its against TOS to have multiple accounts...

•••
Wouldn't recommend. They might flag your account and close all of them. I think its against TOS to have multiple accounts...

Yes be careful and read TOS before doing this activity.

•••
•••
Would anyone buy a double dashed domain (other than IDNs that converts into that)? I highly doubt so.

Ok, maybe a "N--N", but not a "keyword--keyword".

But you'll never know for sure. If I, three years ago, was told that a name like QXYD (dot) com would be worth +$1000 in 2015/16, I would have thought that guy was mad.

•••
I like L--L.com and N--N.com just because they are so rare.

Like kohsamui said "keyword--keyword.com" might not be a good purchase. Maybe in 20yrs things will be different. There are still single hyphen keyword domains that have to climb in value. Plus in 20yrs the gtld market might be more alive and used.

•••
I bought a domain with a foreign character in it and ended up with a domain that starts out xn--xxxxx-lnb.com where xxx is the name I bought without the foreign character. Not sure what to think about this, waiting to see if it does anything on parking. The discussion of hyphens is what made me think of it.

•••
An example of an enduser using double dashed domain (reg'd since 2003):

a--i/com

•••
In the meanwhile I own those ones:

t--o--p.top
v--i--p.vip

•••
Double dash just looks terrible.

Reach for better things, get creative and you will start to enjoy domaining.

•••
In the meanwhile I own those ones:

t--o--p.top
v--i--p.vip

Double dash just looks terrible.

Reach for better things, get creative and you will start to enjoy domaining.
For me, it's already part of enjoying domaining in a creative way - otherwise I would not have choosen even those kind of domains.
I am sure I will sell those ones, they are not some 'average' double dashed names - they have something special at the first view, I think most can see it ;)

•••
For me, it's already part of enjoying domaining in a creative way - otherwise I would not have choosen even those kind of domains.
I am sure I will sell those ones, they are not some 'average' double dashed names - they have something special at the first view, I think most can see it ;)
They must sell good acid in your part of town ??

•••
•••
According to Namebio there are almost zero "--" sales. The only double dashes are that of IDNs.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back