IT.COM

discuss Domain name with prepositions: In, On etc? Worth the investment?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I just noticed that a domain name ThreeForMe.com sold for a whopping $5,000.
When looking at namebio.com for domain names that had the term 'FOR', I saw another sale BuyForACause.com sold at $1,500.
I was wondering if domain names with prepositions are worth the investment.

Say, for example, JobsInUSA.com, ShoesForYou.com, etc.

How do you valuate and look at domain names with preposition like For, Are, On, In, of, to etc.??
As for me, I always discarded such names, seeing no value in them. But this sale had my attention.

Any experience that you have had with domain names that use preposition and others like that, which you were able to flip for a profit, and what motivated you and buyer to buy that???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends... Last year I hand-regged B Y E X P E R T and sold for it $1,600.

•••
@Nerevar What was the reason behind registering the name?
Also, what percentage was sold out of the similar hand-regs that you did?
Was the sale outbound/inbound?
If inbound, what platform did you use?

if you could share the details..!

Thanks

•••
I saw it on the expiring lists, .net was taken and developed, and it made sense IMO. I had submitted it to BB, they did not accept it. So after a few months there was an inbound inquiry from a DomainNameSales landing page. I was offered $1,000 - countered $2,400, and after a few weeks of negotiation it sold. About the sales percentage of "similar names", I would not know what to call similar, although generally my hand-regs sell nicely.

•••
Interesting indeed, I was also shocked when I saw ThreeForMe and assumed it was a "once off" but now that the both of you have mentioned some other examples...I think it might we worth doing some research on this....

from just a quick peek... on "for"

I see:

forsalebyowner.com 835,000 USD
gamesforgirls.com 500,000 USD
cashforhouses.com 76,001 USD
boatsforsale.com 162,500 USD

•••
Words in the domain which goes naturally with Product which is most searched for like the one you mentioned are definitely worth registering/investing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back