Domain Empire

Domain locked in acct Namebright.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Durfer

Wesley SweatmanTop Member
Impact
Never had this happen before and was wondering if anyone else has had this situation with this registrar. Namebright has sent me an email saying that they think my purchase of a 3L.net was a fraudulent purchase and they have locked my domain up. Please give me in site as to why they would think a purchase and transfer from one namebright acct to another was fraudulent when they are the ones that transferred it to my account internally. The transfer happened about a month ago also. ty

I mean should I request to transfer it out? Are they trying to steal my domain? Wtf is going on around here? F--K!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never had this happen before and was wondering if anyone else has had this situation with this registrar. Namebright has sent me an email saying that they think my purchase of a 3L.net was a fraudulent purchase and they have locked my domain up. Please give me in site as to why they would think a purchase and transfer from one namebright acct to another was fraudulent when they are the ones that transferred it to my account internally. The transfer happened about a month ago also. ty

I mean should I request to transfer it out? Are they trying to steal my domain? Wtf is going on around here? F--K!
Did you buy this name from huge names, or Dropcatch, or a private party?

Maybe this person purchased it via Dropcatch, and flipped it over to you, and then did a chargeback,
or charge was disputed.

Last edited:
•••
it was a private purchase rite here on namepros from a trusted seller. We went thru Dan.com for transfer.

•••
Theres another thread by @YairDD about the same domain. His account was actually locked.

Anyway, what you'll probably find is that the name was either stolen or fraudulent payment.

Based on the other thread, Dan.com was the original sale platform of your domain. The one I had repossessed by GD was sold to me on Dan. Seems Dan needs to check the name sales they are facilitating.

•••
Not sure about that. @YairDD is a reputable seller and everyone saw the auction of it here. I think its because it was chosen for namescon auction n when it was entered in it had a different contact then how it was sold to me. I dont know the obligations of selling a domain from an auction but i do know the transaction was legitimate because i received the domain into my acct. The only way for it to be wrong is that @YairDD wouldve complained it was stolen otherwise it was a regular sale of a domain. @YairDD did not send a complaint of stolen domain.

•••
@The Durfer This circumstances surrounding this issue are currently under investigation. I will have a team member reach back out to you directly to provide further details on the situation.

•••
•••
Ok update: It is a fraudulent path domain. It seems not the seller to me but the seller to the seller charged the purchase of the domain on his credit card then canceled the payment while selling the domain to the seller to me. Thus, the domain should go back to the rightful owner three owners back. I have agreed to relinquish my ownership of it and have requested a refund from YairDD who, mind you, was knocked flat by it also because he thought he was just getting a good deal on a 3L.net, has agreed to refund me my purchase. ty you all for your advice and concern in this matter. Have a better day. cheers. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back