Dynadot

Domain linkpop

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Let's say an expired domain has 1000 backlinks from Altavista and 200 from HotBot. Would it be worth registering? How much daily uniques could it get?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think there's a straight relation between backlinks number and hits. Take into account that all those backlinks might come from stale pages nobody ever visits. In other words, a single link from a site such as cnn.com (to put an example) might draw hundreds of uniques every day. So I wouldn't draw conclusions on traffic based upon backlinks count.

P.S. I personally find Yahoo's backlink results more accurate than the rest, despite alledgely sharing the database since Overture took Altavista, I still prefer Yahoo's results.

•••
I personally pay attention to those particular search engines. I doubt very many other people use their statistics either.

•••
With Google's backlinks count broken on purpose for ages, Yahoo's results are in my opinion the most accurate ones. To give you an example, here's a backlink count comparison for Namepros.com

AllTheWeb 30,100
Altavista 75,000
Google 455
MSN Search 6432
Yahoo! 73,800

I always get the same accuracy as far as Yahoo is concerned and I don't think there are many other search engines that are widely used. Of course I would use Google but it's evident that their results are not worth it for such purposes, and they have no intention to fix them.

Cheers.

•••
i would say that it is worth it

•••
Yea

i have to agree sould very nice to me! %%-

•••
Google doesnt count every link like Yahoo. I have read google is allowing other links to be counted now, however, it only use to count PR4+ links and this still maybe the case not sure.

Thus.... that is the reason why it is way easier to rank higher, easier, on Yahoo compared to Google for keywords.

Back to your post - It would depend on the type of links and what kind of pages/sites there placed on. If the traffic coming in isnt related to your industry then no sales will happen. If your just going to resell it and the links look alright pick it up - try it out.

Someone will give you more than reg fee for it if you decide to sell.

•••
1000 backlinks are good if they are from different sites.

•••
Thanks for the answers!

That's interesting comments that you make about accuracy of Yahoo backlink count. I personally fear a little bit of Yahoo because theis spider (Slurp) is quite slow to index pages. So the links may be old. But I will take it into consideration - thanks!

•••
Michau said:
Thanks for the answers!

I personally fear a little bit of Yahoo because theis spider (Slurp) is quite slow to index pages. So the links may be old. But I will take it into consideration - thanks!

Tortoise and hare...

•••
McDope said:
With Google's backlinks count broken on purpose for ages, Yahoo's results are in my opinion the most accurate ones. To give you an example, here's a backlink count comparison for Namepros.com

AllTheWeb 30,100
Altavista 75,000
Google 455
MSN Search 6432
Yahoo! 73,800

I always get the same accuracy as far as Yahoo is concerned and I don't think there are many other search engines that are widely used. Of course I would use Google but it's evident that their results are not worth it for such purposes, and they have no intention to fix them.

Cheers.

Google counts only direct html links. For example <a href="http://www.something.com">
If you have database driven contest you link like http://www.linkingdomain.com?weblinks=index?sid=4 will not count by google as link to your site.
--------------
Alltheweb and Yahoo merged together as a search partners, so 73,800 results from yahoo include 30,100 from alltheweb.

•••
The backlink count in Google is broken on purpose. It's been reported widely and there's no known relation. As stated above, backlinks from sites with -PR4 did not usually appear but it's not like that anymore. One of my sites currently has backlinks from PR5 and 6 sites and they are not showing up. It's been generally accepted that the reason behind this behaviour is to make life harder to people looking for link purchases from high PR sites.

The kind of link you're mentioning usually behaves as a 301 or 302 redirect, depending on how it's written. There's strong evidence that there's a serious bug in Google right now dealing with such links, since they can lead to the referer site hijacking the position in the SERPS of the referred site. This is not a general issue and there seems to be some other tricks involved in order to make it happen, probably including cloaking. I can PM you some addresses where this issue is being discussed with countless legal webmasters having their sites hijacked in the results due to this glitch.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back