IT.COM

Domain Landers OR Own Landers For 2020??

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
So basically with the new year approaching I want to get back into my names. I been doing other things and letting a lot of domains expire and such but want to rope it back in.

Right now about 85% of my own domains are with Godaddy BIN landers. Now they show my domain at my BIN but they list tons more in other extensions and variables that I think detours the user from my domain to another one. I seen a lot of post with domains sold with Dan lander as well. I used to do some others but due to fees and no sales canceled.

So back into the decision making time again and what would be best or that you THINK is best AND trustworthy to the buyer. Godaddy (if they got better or different landers), Afternic Landers, Dan Landers or somehow doing my very own so everything goes to me?

What say you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've just parked all mine with Epik. I like the design/s and I think they'll be the registrar/marketplace to beat from here on out.

•••
I've just parked all mine with Epik. I like the design/s and I think they'll be the registrar/marketplace to beat from here on out.

Does it work? Sedo and Afternic do better than usual nowadays, so I'm not sure how switching to Epik would affect everything. Recently at Epik landing pages I get job inquiries. Visitors think there is a real site there. I must sell some domains at Epik to save time. I plan to add a nice background image. (paypal screwed everything, don't keep too much money in your paypal, otherwise they will enjoy stealing it, and show middlefinger).

•••

Are you doing this for non registered names NOT at Epik to?

•••
What say you!

Epik is the way to go...period. I'm just popping in and out until later tonight but the ssl landers are getting indexed well just as said above. If you add relevant info and use basic tag,word,etc. info in the description field it helps. Just make the change on a few names and then go back and check bingo, giggle, ducky in a week or so and see how it improves in results...it actually surprised me.

•••
- The SSL landers are getting organic traffic. This trend should continue to improve.

so I hear you say:
"when you have organic traffic on your domain
domain sales will improve"

any data to support that claim?

I highly doubt it

•••
..I have good news. We are working on an AI engine that will intelligently respond to initial inquiries as if from a real person. This will help qualify the lead and drive them towards making a high offer, even if you are not shooting the moon.

how can an autoresponder be regarded to be AI?

what does it need AI for?

•••
If you see an inquiry from someone that is apparently for another company, you can do a clever non-cheeky soft-sell by forwarding that inquiry to that organization with a friendly, "I own the domain name ______ and I got this inquiry that I think is for you.

You can use the same tactic with email forwarding -- if you set email forwarding with wildcard, you will get emails that logically are intended for another organization and you can forward the email with an introductino to the logical recipient. This is another non-sales soft sell where you do them a favor, at least for a while.

you might risk a UDRP that way

•••
Does it work? Sedo and Afternic do better than usual nowadays, so I'm not sure how switching to Epik would affect everything. Recently at Epik landing pages I get job inquiries. Visitors think there is a real site there. I must sell some domains at Epik to save time. I plan to add a nice background image. (paypal screwed everything, don't keep too much money in your paypal, otherwise they will enjoy stealing it, and show middlefinger).

never change a winning system

•••
My thought process here (and it could be wrong) is if the domain lander is not with somone that is not known the "end user" may be skeptical to go forward with a payment to some unknown company VS a lander through Godaddy where they may feel a bit more secure in trusting the money they send is handled properly

•••
My thought process here (and it could be wrong) is if the domain lander is not with somone that is not known the "end user" may be skeptical to go forward with a payment to some unknown company VS a lander through Godaddy where they may feel a bit more secure in trusting the money they send is handled properly

I guess that is a fact

on the other hand
how many end-users know any of these companyies?

•••
I will switch to Epik once they have visit tracking (maybe it is my responsibility, not theirs?). Visit tracking would work well together with outbounding. At least it would mean I can do experiments and get feedback and learn something. Also maybe they can help with responding to inquiries..

•••
I will switch to Epik once they have visit tracking (maybe it is my responsibility, not theirs?). Visit tracking would work well together with outbounding. At least it would mean I can do experiments and get feedback and learn something. Also maybe they can help with responding to inquiries..

It is there today:

https://epik.com/support/knowledgebase/add-google-analytics-in-bulk-to-premium-ssl-landing-pages/

If you want natively embedded visitor tracking, we also have that capability. We did not deploy it into the control panel because the data sets get really huge for domains that get bot traffic.

Have you tried activating the Google Analytics code? For many people this is superior. Why?

1. It is independently verifiable.

2. If someone buys your domain, you can also transfer them the historical analytics data.

3. The re-targeting capability is high, e.g. re-target people who got to a bid page.

•••
I have never used G.A. (yet). I don't even use gmail: they require phone number, and javascript. ( Life is difficult without js , but I prefer not to have it in email. Yahoo is forcing us to enable js, and I continue resisting it. )

•••
I have never used G.A. (yet). I don't even use gmail: they require phone number, and javascript. ( Life is difficult without js , but I prefer not to have it in email. Yahoo is forcing us to enable js, and I continue resisting it. )

Confirmed, and I get it. I will discuss with @vitigo and team about turning it on for folks who prefer the integrated solution.

•••
The SSL landers are getting organic traffic. This trend should continue to improve.

@Rob Monster

I don't know if this statement of yours passes the smell test.

When you write "organic traffic" above, this would lead one to think that the landers are getting traffic from organic search results.

SSL is not a magic pill that makes single page landers appear in the first 3 or 5 SERPs.

If a stand-alone lander has little to no original content and contains duplicate content then it doesn't matter if it is on an SSL or not.

How do you differentiate between type-in, bot and organic traffic? Do you have stats to back that statement up? On what basis do you believe that the trend should continue to improve?

•••
@Rob Monster

I don't know if this statement of yours passes the smell test.

When you write "organic traffic" above, this would lead one to think that the landers are getting traffic from organic search results.

SSL is not a magic pill that makes single page landers appear in the first 3 or 5 SERPs.

If a stand-alone lander has little to no original content and contains duplicate content then it doesn't matter if it is on an SSL or not.

How do you differentiate between type-in, bot and organic traffic? Do you have stats to back that statement up? On what basis do you believe that the trend should continue to improve?

Just read what people are saying:

upload_2019-11-21_11-56-47.png

I recommend people do split-testing.

I know people are seeing accelerating pace of offers after they deploy them.

One of the issues folks have is that people think it is a real site probably because search took them there.

Seem my advice above:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-landers-or-own-landers-for-2020.1164548/#post-7503567

It is better than PPC and we are innovating rapidly. We are also happy to run controlled experiments with anyone that has testable SEO hypotheses they want to test.

•••
Why does organic traffic even matter?! Do you think that someone will search google for "Buy Drone Domain" to find "DroneWhatsover.com" in search results and then buy the domain!

In reality here how this works: someone, somewhere types your domain name in Godaddy and finds that it is taken, so he/she visits the domain out of curiosity to see how it looks, to find a landing page and get surprised that the domain is for sale, if there is enough interest he/she will make offer or hit BIN,

•••
Just read what people are saying:

Show attachment 136510

I recommend people do split-testing.

I know people are seeing accelerating pace of offers after they deploy them.

One of the issues folks have is that people think it is a real site probably because search took them there.

Seem my advice above:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-landers-or-own-landers-for-2020.1164548/#post-7503567

It is better than PPC and we are innovating rapidly. We are also happy to run controlled experiments with anyone that has testable SEO hypotheses they want to test.

There is a big difference from being indexed and appearing high in organic search results. If you type the exact domain in G, then the landing page will show up. That has nothing to do with SSL.

Why does organic traffic even matter?!

Organic traffic is a big selling point if the domain ranks high for a popular keyword that the buyer wants to rank high for. Saves thousands in SEO costs.

•••
Organic traffic is a big selling point if the domain ranks high for a popular keyword that the buyer wants to rank high for. Saves thousands in SEO costs.

Are you serious?! do you believe a domain landing page will have chance to compete for google first 10 pages for a popular keyword. what are you talking about?!

•••
Are you serious?! do you believe a domain landing page will have chance to compete for google first 10 pages for a popular keyword. what are you talking about?!

Not the Epik landers. But that is what Rob appears to claim.

•••

It is totally not true for sure, do you know how hard it is to rank for a poplar keyword?!
People spend thousands of $$$$ on that and they hardly can succeed in it

•••
It is better than PPC

Landers don't earn any advertising revenue, so how are they better that PPC?

please, don't mislead or mistake or confuse, the difference between them.

imo...

•••
•••
What's not true? This...

This:

What Robs appears to claim "if I understood correctly" is not true; your lander cannot rank for a popular keyword and thus your lander will not get organic traffic.

•••
Back