Dynadot

Domain Landers OR Own Landers For 2020??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So basically with the new year approaching I want to get back into my names. I been doing other things and letting a lot of domains expire and such but want to rope it back in.

Right now about 85% of my own domains are with Godaddy BIN landers. Now they show my domain at my BIN but they list tons more in other extensions and variables that I think detours the user from my domain to another one. I seen a lot of post with domains sold with Dan lander as well. I used to do some others but due to fees and no sales canceled.

So back into the decision making time again and what would be best or that you THINK is best AND trustworthy to the buyer. Godaddy (if they got better or different landers), Afternic Landers, Dan Landers or somehow doing my very own so everything goes to me?

What say you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So basically with the new year approaching I want to get back into my names. I been doing other things and letting a lot of domains expire and such but want to rope it back in.

Right now about 85% of my own domains are with Godaddy BIN landers. Now they show my domain at my BIN but they list tons more in other extensions and variables that I think detours the user from my domain to another one. I seen a lot of post with domains sold with Dan lander as well. I used to do some others but due to fees and no sales canceled.

So back into the decision making time again and what would be best or that you THINK is best AND trustworthy to the buyer. Godaddy (if they got better or different landers), Afternic Landers, Dan Landers or somehow doing my very own so everything goes to me?

What say you!

I would test a bunch of different solutions and see which work best. GoDaddy does provide trust, at another party this week, where someone said, "What do you do?" I write about and trade domain names. "Domain names, oh GoDaddy!"

•••
I would test a bunch of different solutions and see which work best. GoDaddy does provide trust, at another party this week, where someone said, "What do you do?" I write about and trade domain names. "Domain names, oh GoDaddy!"

Was that "Oh GoDaddy" in the delighted or disappointed way? ;) But yes, I agree that generally it is a big advantage most people know them.

I do list my names af Afternic, but use DAN for most of my landers since they have installment options.

Last edited:
•••
For me, definitely own landers.

After moving back and forth, only to find various problems that cannot be surpassed when using some marketplace's landers, I came into realization that this is about the only sane option for a pro domainer (at least how I see it).

Reasons to use external landers: Simplicity. Although setting BIN prices can often be a pain; why in God's name can't they all do an upload with prices? Or have a set rule for creating floor / min offer out of my BIN automatically (like 75%/50% or whatever? Anyway - the more time you spend with a given external lander, the more shortcomings you're about to see.

Reasons to use own landers:
Control, ability to do extra sales stuff like phone call negotiation, significantly smaller fees (50% or 80% reduction depending on the marketplace you used previously), ability to build your own site within the lander (and get some organic traffic to it) etc etc. You have tons of other options. It definitely pays off.

The downside of own landers is that you have to either be a coder, OR pay someone to do it for you. With the latter, you might also have to pay more down the line, to make some changes. I also see it more suitable for those who are experienced in negotiations.

I enjoy both coding and negotiating, so it's the logical choice.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back