IT.COM

Domain hosting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i just won an domain but how do i erm..host it?
thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In order to host the domain you'll need to find domain hosting. It depends what your plans are for the domain, and whether or not you are going to develop the domain into a website?

If your going to develop the domain then you'll need to find hosting, otherwise, you could just park the domain at a registar.

Where/how did you win the domain? Didn't you get any more information upon winning it?

•••
•••
i won the domain in nova ..:P
the domain is bought from godaddy.com

do you have to transfer the domain to the server of the domain hosting site? or just erm...add the dns?

•••
Originally posted by hlmilk
do you have to transfer the domain to the server of the domain hosting site? or just erm...add the dns?

Change the Nameservers (at GoDaddy) to those of your new web host (they should provide everything to you at time of set-up, registration).
Have a great domain Friday.
B-)

•••
Godaddy.com provides you with free URL forwarding. What this means is that when visitors come to your domain, they will be automatically redirected to a web address of your choice.

•••
Congrats on wining one of there contests... yeah like someone else said, just have the domain forward to your existing site since they offer url redirection anyway.

•••
Originally posted by jj2ii3344
Godaddy.com provides you with free URL forwarding. What this means is that when visitors come to your domain, they will be automatically redirected to a web address of your choice.

I agree...

•••
thanks.. :)

but the domain will be kinda useless since it is just for redirection.

•••
Thanks Wicked_Gal, you are wicked!

Hlmilk: Yup, but you may also use it for temporary redirection. (That is, use the domain name and redirect your domain to a folder on your existing hosting provider and start your website from there if budget is tight, this way, you would not need to purchase another web hosting account). Another approach would be to buy a reseller web hosting account that would allow you to host more than 1 domain name!

•••
I can offer you some free hosting.. a small account on my server or you can purchase some if you are thinking about development. Let me know.

•••
•••
Originally posted by GCgirl4ever
I can offer you some free hosting.. a small account on my server or you can purchase some if you are thinking about development. Let me know.

Wow, that's really nice of you. :)
I'm going to use it as a lyric site so i think i dont need much space.

Originally posted by smh7233
i found a site earlier today that offers free hosting check out this thread: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7632

thanks for the info. :)
1and1 seems really good but i need to pay a fee to transfer my domain.
Heh..i dont have card and paypal (it is unvertified account) :P
thanks anyway.

You can check doteasy.com for free domain hosting too. No ads or banner. :)

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by hlmilk
Wow, that's really nice of you. :)
I'm going to use it as a lyric site so i think i dont need much space.

thanks for the info. :)
1and1 seems really good but i need to pay a fee to transfer my domain.
Heh..i dont have card and paypal (it is unvertified account) :P
thanks anyway.

You can check doteasy.com for free domain hosting too. No ads or banner. :)

just wanted to let you know that there is no need to transfer your domain.

•••
Ok, I would gladly host you for a lyric site, would it be like letssingit.com where people submit lyrics and you add them? If so I would be happy to help you out as well :)

•••
ive got to say if your after free hosting name use staghosting.com very dodgy way to sign up for it but cant complain about the hosting u get

•••
Originally posted by GCgirl4ever
Ok, I would gladly host you for a lyric site, would it be like letssingit.com where people submit lyrics and you add them? If so I would be happy to help you out as well :)

The lyric site is kinda for me :P so it wont be troublesome for me to search for the lyrics and there will be no annoying pop ups.
Thanks for your generous offer but someone else ofter to host it for me :)

•••
Change the nameservers to what your host's nameservers are. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back