IT.COM

Domain discount club questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Guys,

Couple of questions related to the club if you could answer -

1). If I join the club and find a cheaper price coupon, can I still use the coupon already being in the club?
2). List price vs sale price - For example, .mobi shows as 12.99 where as sale price shows up as 9.99. Which one would I be billed?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) I have used coupons for new registrations in a DDC account.

2) I just put a .mobi in my shopping cart, and it shows as $9.99 + 0.18 = $10.17

•••
When you are a member of DDC you can still use every coupon / promo code you find for new domains, renewals etc

•••
Thanks guys..I just purchased the DDC. Used the coupon CJC35NEWC to bring it down to $59 if anybody want to use :)

•••
What was the coupon for and how much did you save over the DDC pricing?

•••
I assume that's the price for a year Stu. I paid $140.38 myself for a 3 year membership in January this year using a coupon code as well.

•••
Renewal codes have been hard to come by lately, so I also used a coupon for the DDC. Not all coupon codes will work with DDC though. If you have another account without DDC (my wife has one), then you could always use that account for coupons and push names between accounts if needed.

•••
I never found a coupon code for the DDC and had to pay full price in April.

•••
•••
No for the DDC membership

•••
I used a WOW code when I bought the DDC a couple of months ago.

only had it a few months, so it will be next year before I need to renew it.

•••
Guys I am a bit in the dark here concerning the DDC, because I can't see where's the savings and GD site or posts here don't help much, but I see people recommending it.

So, you get DDC at $99 to renew like 10 domains at discounted rate. What I don't get is does that $99 get credited to your account or is it just a tax GD takes to give you discounted pricing, because if it's like that, then where's the savings? As you pay like $9,90/domain in advance just to renew it at less than $9 later on...

•••
So, you get DDC at $99 to renew like 10 domains at discounted rate. What I don't get is does that $99 get credited to your account or is it just a tax GD takes to give you discounted pricing, because if it's like that, then where's the savings? As you pay like $9,90/domain in advance just to renew it at less than $9 later on...

Hi,
let me try to clarify.

First of all you can find coupons to join the DDC at a discounted price.
DDC is a membership program so you pay to actually join it.
Nothing is credited to your account
You can renew AS MANY DOMAIS AS YOU LIKE during the membership period ( 12 months or more depending on what you chose ) No limit is applied and you will ALWAYS pay 9$ or so ( I am not sure what the US price is as I pay in AUD )

Hope this helped

•••
I think it's even cheaper than you say. On GoDaddy's website it says $7.50/month for 12 months = $90/yr. What you get is the chance to register or renew domains at GoDaddy's lowest rate. Namely $8.47/domain. Seeing as there are almost zero renewal coupons these days, and com renewals are about $15 these days. So you are saving $6.50 per domain renewal. That's only about 14 domains to break even. And the giving back never stops for all registrations and renewals, until it's time to renew your membership. There aren't that many places where you can get guaranteed registrations/renewals for $8.47/domain. So you can get the wonderful GoDaddy services at almost the cheapest rate in town, for only $90/year :)

I use it to pay for my auction wins renewal price (paid when you win the domain). It's well worth it, imho. I don't do anything to activate it. GoDaddy just uses the correct price automatically.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a coupon for it though. I've never found one in all my time (about 8 years) as a member. But I have got a discount by asking my domain manager for one. So there may be some coupons that may work. I just never found one.

Last edited:
•••
I find it rather expensive still and I will explain why. Going for like 100 domains for instance with InternetBS or Namesilo gives you a discounted price of under $9/domain with free private whois. So what's the point of giving Godaddy $90, or even less just to get a discounted price of $9/domain? This was what I wasn't understanding, and this is what I still do not understand why people say it's a good deal, because it's not. Godaddy takes your money just to give you the privilege of renewing at a decent rate? Hell, even register.com which is imho the lamest of the registrars gives you a $10 renewal with the right coupon which is way under their $38 normal rate. I happen to have some domains with register.com and for the past 3 years I renewed them at $10 each using a coupon they gave. So imho there's nothing good in saving $6.50 out of $15 per domain renewal, when the next door competition gives you even more in some cases for the simple $9-$10 price range. Even Namecheap fits in this pricing, or name.com, or domain.com. So DDC is useless in my opinion, just a waste of money and a big $ credit to GoDaddy. People were asking how the hell could they sustain that many $1 codes, here's how ...

•••
It's not useless at all if you participate in their auctions. If you are not a DDC member you get charged the $15 rate when they renew the domain for you. That's a whopping discount, if you regularly participate in their auctions. I don't even use GoDaddy as a register. I transfer all my domains out of GoDaddy as soon as the 60day hold has expired. So I never register or renew my domains at GoDaddy.

PS: I've never, ever found a coupon that works with the initial renewal of a domain won at auction.

•••
If you buy in bulk from their auctions then I'm with you on this. It might be worth the price. Let's say you buy 100 domains/year using their auctions. Then if you do the math you go cheaper. I was referring to the domain renewal, because I saw in other threads here people recommending it as a good choice for renewals if you have 10 domains or more with GoDaddy. I checked it out and could not find anything to justify it as a good deal for renewal as if you do the math you're going with the renewal pricing above the overall competition and you ain't getting any free privacy either.

•••
It's only a good choice for renewing domains you want to keep at GoDaddy. You then get the renewal for about the cost as elsewhere, for the $90/yr. I agree. You can get renewals elsewhere for about the same price with free privacy, and without the $90/yr fee, if you want it. But it is worth it if you participate in their auctions. It's all I use it for.

•••
I find it rather expensive still and I will explain why. Going for like 100 domains for instance with InternetBS or Namesilo gives you a discounted price of under $9/domain with free private whois. So what's the point of giving Godaddy $90, or even less just to get a discounted price of $9/domain? This was what I wasn't understanding, and this is what I still do not understand why people say it's a good deal, because it's not. Godaddy takes your money just to give you the privilege of renewing at a decent rate? So DDC is useless in my opinion, just a waste of money and a big $ credit to GoDaddy. People were asking how the hell could they sustain that many $1 codes, here's how ...

If ya have a few domains then not worth it. Some of us have 500-2000+ domains so being able to renew at $8.47 the savings over that many renewals basically pays for the club anyway. I also find that my end user sales over the last 11+ years go quicker as everyone already has a GoDaddy account as they are the only ones that actually advertise SuperBowl etc... so the most known/trusted by the general public.

•••
I posted this in December.

Discount Domain Club code

iap35newc

Brings the price down from $89.99 to $58.49

Well worth it. The Godaddy auction membership was costing 5 bucks per month and with this code brings the total membership down to the same price as just the auction membership.

•••
I was referring to the domain renewal, because I saw in other threads here people recommending it as a good choice for renewals if you have 10 domains or more with GoDaddy. I checked it out and could not find anything to justify it as a good deal for renewal as if you do the math you're going with the renewal pricing above the overall competition and you ain't getting any free privacy either.
I would revise that and say "if you have 100 domains or more." The more the better. The GD auctions benefit is a good one to consider too. I'm starting to look at my options though because like you say, there are other registrars with better, less costly advantages.

•••
The Godaddy auction membership was costing 5 bucks per month and with this code...

How is it 5 per month? I thought it was an annual fee?

•••
How is it 5 per month? I thought it was an annual fee?
Sorry about that. I meant the cash parking membership which is 5 bucks a month. It is included in the Domain Club price.

•••
Do you actually use Cash Parking, with all it's flaws?

•••
PS: I've never, ever found a coupon that works with the initial renewal of a domain won at auction.
There are loads of them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back