Dynadot

GoDaddy - Discount Domain Club Membership

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am planning on purchasing GD's "Discount Domain Club Membership"... and I am trying to use coupon codes to bring the $89.99 price down, but none are working.

Anyone have any coupon codes for GD that will work with purchasing a "Discount Domain Club Membership" ?

Thanks,
-BassKozz

p.s. is the "Discount Domain Club Membership" a good deal in the long run if you buy alot of domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

if you have a large portfolio at GoDaddy ... and therefore an executive account ... you can get the Discount Domain Club for $69.99 instead of $89.99 ...

regarding profitability (without an executive account) , it is just mathematics really ...

- 1 year Discount Domain Club $89.99

- the price for 1 .com is $9.15

- usually if you google "domain" there is a GoDaddy offer for $7.15

- the price for 1 .com with the Discount Domain Club is $6.69

therefore ... the difference between the DDC-.com and the promo-.com is $0.46

therefore ... if you are planning to reg/transfer/renew more than 89.99 / 0.46 = ~196 domains in 1 year ... then it is more profitable to buy the Discount Domain Club Membership ... if 195 or less then you better use the promo ... (on the basis that the promo is there continuously , or that there are similar coupons available) ...

for regular .com price ... $9.15 - $6.69 = $2.46 ... 89.99 / 2.46 = ~37 ... therefore profitable for >37 domains per year ...

if you have an executive account ... the price for a .com is $6.95 (including the ICANN fee) ...

therefore ... $6.95 - $6.69 = $0.26

therefore 69.99 / 0.26 = ~270 ... so it is only profitable if you are to reg/transfer/renew more than 270 domains per year

lastly , domains are gonna have a rise in price this coming November , due to Verisign raising the prices , so the above prices/numbers will change ... this should somehow be taken into account , since the Discount Domain Club is for a whole year , while November is 4 months away ... therefore while the price for the membership will be paid when you buy it ... the prices for ... .coms , promo-.coms , and DDC-.coms will be higher (it is in the ToS that they can change the prices without notice)

•••
WOW, THANKS Godian,

Thanks for the very informative break-down. It's much appreciated.
I don't think I'll be registering more then about 50~60 new domains per year, so it's probably not a great deal for me.

But I am curious about this 'executive account' you speak of. I currently have about ~125 domains registered w/ GD do I qualify?

Thanks,
-BassKozz

•••

I think executive accounts are for 200-300 or more ... but there is a chance that it is for 400 or more ... I got it when I had about 700-800 ...

basically , they contact you ... you receive an email from your executive manager ... explaining the executive accounts and the pricing ... $6.95 (including ICANN fee) for regging/transferring/renewing gTLDs (.com , .net , etc) and a ~15% discount for ccTLDs ...

you can send an email to customer support (or call) for the exact number needed for an executive account ...

•••

I remembered there was a thread with more info about which portfolio sizes were offered executive accounts ...

did a quick search and found it ...

there is an NPer that got it with 250+ and another one with 300+ ... check the thread for more ...

I got an executive account when I had 700-800 (as I said above) because that was how many I had when (I think) GoDaddy started having executive accounts ... not because that many domains are needed ... lastly , I think it has more to do with money spent than number of domains ... but 200-300 domains seems to be the "turning-point" ...

Last edited:
•••
•••
My account manager advised me to stay away from the Discount Club. He did the math and said I'd be better off without it.

•••
Why don't you just transfer your .com names to Fabulous over time @ $6.75 each?

•••
billinchina said:
Why don't you just transfer your .com names to Fabulous over time @ $6.75 each?

They only have 1 line for the address. I need 2?

•••
I have the club membership. It also works on tdnam purchase.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back