Dynadot

Do not use Spinikr hosting service!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,
I want to share the frustrating hosting service I had recently.

Around the month November, last year I bought a reseller hosting from Hosting Cove for one year. Everything was going well, I even received an addition bonus of disk space and bandwidth from them. Once the hosting cove service went under Spinikr things changed.
I was using the reseller account to provide free hosting service. A few months ago I received a notification (they opened a ticket) that an account was violating their rules. I told them for what I was using the reseller account and if they had similar future problems they could terminate any account. I didn't received any replay, so I considered we had an agreement and/or they approved that.
Two weeks ago they closed my reseller account with the reason of accounts that were violating their rules and charged me a fee without any reason. At this point they disagreed anything we talked before, the support was very poor and slow. After several requests to reopen my reseller account and mentioning that it will not be used anymore to provide free web hosting, but for personal use, they just ignored my messages. I even told them, I was going to give a bad review if they was not going to cooperate somehow, but their arrogance was over the limit. My sites are offline for 2 weeks and they don't care about it at all, they just ignore. :yell:

Bottom line, if you are looking for a reseller hosting service, make sure to avoid Spinikr.Ignore them before they will ignore you. :td:

Hope it helps.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good Evening,

The OP was nice enough to link to this via support ticket and I would love to address some of the concerns listed above.

Once the hosting cove service went under Spinikr

Our legal company name is Spinikr Inc //

We do manage hostingcove com(cannot link as new user) to which the OP is a customer, we ahve been open since 2009 and it has never changed hands. // invoices and charges may appear as Spinikr

I was using the reseller account to provide free hosting service. A few months ago I received a notification (they opened a ticket) that an account was violating their rules. I told them for what I was using the reseller account and if they had similar future problems they could terminate any account. I didn't received any replay, so I considered we had an agreement and/or they approved that.
Two weeks ago they closed my reseller a

The OP has had a total of 9 abuse incidents, which in themselves totals more than 1 incident per account.

In no particular order:

#****18 - Account Pending Suspension - *
#****98 - Excessive resource usage: *
#****81 - Account Suspended - *
#****19 - Account Suspended - *
#****75 - Account Suspended - *
#****32 - Reseller Account Suspended
#****54 - Account Suspended - *
#****86 - Account Warning
#****67 - Account Suspended - Please Respond

Could be others but I am not going to go dig through everything.

It should be mentioned that in every case we have set a notice to reply to us within 24 hours / at the 20 hour mark we send a followup (automated) warning that the account may be removed. We also link to documentation that shows how to respond to third part abuse related incidents as well as internal resource, etc type incidents.

none of which we EVER got a response

I told them for what I was using the reseller account and if they had similar future problems they could terminate any account. I didn't received any replay, so I considered we had an agreement and/or they approved that.

To which you were told basically that we are not going to provide services directly to your customers.

the support was very poor and slow.

Most of your inquiry have been handled in under 15 minutes. Most of your tickets have never been replied to by yourself.

Two weeks ago they closed my reseller account with the reason of accounts that were violating their rules and charged me a fee without any reason.

The OP admitted to not maintaining the account, it was basically a open range for 'free users' to sign up and do whatever.

The OP also asked us to further sponsor them

Your account remains ACTIVE to the time of this posting, disregarding warnings that if you do not settle these issues we will terminate it, this was a good faith gesture by us to allow the OP more time.

I was going to give a bad review if they was not going to cooperate somehow, but their arrogance was over the limit. My sites are offline for 2 weeks and they don't care about it at all, they just ignore. :yell:

There is literally long periods of time where we have attempted to resolve your incidents,.

For the readers:

We manage over 3000 customers and have no interest in not caring about retaining someone. It is our responsibility to keep a good level of service for our customers and if someone is causing incidents that effect others we will definitely not allow it, this to provide a quality, stable, and quiet environment for our community.

OP, I will keep your account alive for a STRICT 36 hour time line, for which the account will be removed if you do not settle the account. There will be no further follow ups or communication.

Edit* We do not disallow 'free hosting' but we do not tolerate someone to offer it on our platform and ignore the upkeep. OP has 109 accounts if I recall, I think moreso the underlying issue would be lack of interest to manage the account if they are all 'free'

Last edited:
•••
Hi Spinkr rep,

It may be sensible to outline what rules in your TOS you believe the OP has broken and link to it.

From what I have read, I cant work out why you've charged a penalty fee and why exactly the account has been suspended. I assume it is due to the sites under the reseller causing issues and not that you've deemed the account 'unmanaged'?

•••
Hi Spinkr rep,

It may be sensible to outline what rules in your TOS you believe the OP has broken and link to it.

From what I have read, I cant work out why you've charged a penalty fee and why exactly the account has been suspended. I assume it is due to the sites under the reseller causing issues and not that you've deemed the account 'unmanaged'?

Each one of those tickets listed were completely ignored.

The process for a incident is a notice detailing what occurred, if it was serious enough (suspended) if not then (not suspended)

There is a link to information on how to handle the situation as well as a automated responder as a reminder that it needs to be handled

Not once did the OP ever make contact. The few times the OP did was either because we needed him to communicate with us and a threat to suspend the entire account is what prompted very short sentenced responses, one of which was a solicitation for us to 'sponsor' him and another where the OP wanted us to completely manage and support his customers.

All in all we reached out to the customer many times with empty responses

When you basically tell us you do not maintain any contact or have anything to do with who signs up with him, asks us to support the customers as well as a 'sponsorship' ... At one point mentioning that we can do whatever we want with the accounts... well this basically says they dont care what happens.

Of course someone is going to be angry when the mess is put to rest.

Last edited:
•••
Good Evening,

The OP was nice enough to link to this via support ticket and I would love to address some of the concerns listed above.

Our legal company name is Spinikr Inc //

We do manage hostingcove com(cannot link as new user) to which the OP is a customer, we ahve been open since 2009 and it has never changed hands. // invoices and charges may appear as Spinikr
I have been always nice, but you where not. You can say whatever you want now, I bought the reseller from hostingcove.com, than my account was moved to spinikr.com
I don't need to know when where you were owning the hostingcove service, I know that once my user account was moved to spinikr things changed.

The OP has had a total of 9 abuse incidents, which in themselves totals more than 1 incident per account.

In no particular order:

#****18 - Account Pending Suspension - *
#****98 - Excessive resource usage: *
#****81 - Account Suspended - *
#****19 - Account Suspended - *
#****75 - Account Suspended - *
#****32 - Reseller Account Suspended
#****54 - Account Suspended - *
#****86 - Account Warning
#****67 - Account Suspended - Please Respond

Could be others but I am not going to go dig through everything.

Here is a screenshot of all the tickets. http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2027/pc5s.png
(the highlighted ticket is #547286)
There are 11 tickets in total and the last three tickets are opened by me.

It should be mentioned that in every case we have set a notice to reply to us within 24 hours / at the 20 hour mark we send a followup (automated) warning that the account may be removed. We also link to documentation that shows how to respond to third part abuse related incidents as well as internal resource, etc type incidents.

none of which we EVER got a response

Because all those tickets where opened after the ticket #547286. where I wrote the last reply (the only replier) where you could close any account you wanted. I thought the other tickets where automatic and you were closing those accounts as the ticket title was saying.
Ticket #547286 created 03/21/2013, the other tickets where opened after this one.

To which you were told basically that we are not going to provide services directly to your customers.
No I wasn't. You told that after you suspended my reseller account You should have told me that at the ticket #547286 but you didn't reply at all, this leaded to all this misunderstanding.

Most of your inquiry have been handled in under 15 minutes. Most of your tickets have never been replied to by yourself.
All the arrogant replies where within 15 minutes (I haven't checked it, but I will consider it true), but proper replies where made over 24h or where not made at all.

The OP admitted to not maintaining the account, it was basically a open range for 'free users' to sign up and do whatever.
No it was not. There is a TOS from my side too and there is a person who manage the hosting accounts. I think you should rather talk about the service you are offering and not mine.
The OP also asked us to further sponsor them
How is this related to this case? Are you making public private customer-support conversation? Yes I did, because of what you said.
I also said, to downgrade my reseller account I already paid for to a much lower price plan. The difference between to plans was going to cover that pointless fee more than 5 times, it was ignored.

Your account remains ACTIVE to the time of this posting, disregarding warnings that if you do not settle these issues we will terminate it, this was a good faith gesture by us to allow the OP more time.
You created all this situation by not disagreeing what I've said on ticket #547286. You are offering the support/service, it is you who should make everything clear from the beginning.

There is literally long periods of time where we have attempted to resolve your incidents,.
What did you resolved?

OP, I will keep your account alive for a STRICT 36 hour time line, for which the account will be removed if you do not settle the account. There will be no further follow ups or communication.

Edit* We do not disallow 'free hosting' but we do not tolerate someone to offer it on our platform and ignore the upkeep. OP has 109 accounts if I recall, I think moreso the underlying issue would be lack of interest to manage the account if they are all 'free'

What are you expecting from my side to do, when you have closed my reseller for over 2 weeks? It was your negligence the source of this situation! :td: and you are not accepting this clear fact!

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Each one of those tickets listed were completely ignored.
It was you who ignored a customer in the first place.
I was cooperating as much as I could while you where not.

Not once did the OP ever make contact. The few times the OP did was either because we needed him to communicate with us and a threat to suspend the entire account is what prompted very short sentenced responses, one of which was a solicitation for us to 'sponsor' him and another where the OP wanted us to completely manage and support his customers.
It is arrogant when the other person in a conversation goes to the extreme of the situation.
the message that was ignored by the support and now claiming I asked for a complete management said:
Feel free to terminate any account that is against the rules.
Our team is doing all the best to avoid sites against the rules.
If you find any site before us, please close the account.

Thank you in advance

All in all we reached out to the customer many times with empty responses

When you basically tell us you do not maintain any contact or have anything to do with who signs up with him,
Huh?
asks us to support the customers as well as a 'sponsorship' ...
I see your main point of "protection" is when I offered you partnership with my service since you are mentioning it always. But anything to say about ticket #547286?

At one point mentioning that we can do whatever we want with the accounts... well this basically says they dont care what happens.

Of course someone is going to be angry when the mess is put to rest.
Are you still talking about my service again?

Last edited:
•••
The ticket #547286 to which you seem to be stuck in is as follows:

03/21/2013 19:33:24
This is notification that ticket #115767 regarding a abuse issue went un-responded too for several days, including a follow up warning. Please respond within 24 hours that you are aware of the incident or your reseller account may be suspended, this includes every account under your reseller account.

03/21/2013 19:33:24
Feel free to terminate any account that is against the rules.
Our team is doing all the best to avoid sites against the rules.
If you find any site before us, please close the account.

Thank you in advance

-- end of ticket

There are 11 tickets in total and the last three tickets are opened by me.

The ones opened by you are ticket bumps,duplicate tickets that were already addressed and closed for that reason.

So essentially you are asking a wholesale hosting provider to police your own service. Did you really think anyone would agree to that?

We do not work for you Sir. The simple fact here is that you never cared to maintain your account and obviously do not value your customers. I also suspect that no other company would have dealt with this as long as we did.

I will no longer be responding.

Last edited:
•••
Till the moment I paid for the service, you have to work and provide the best service you can to me. In other words, yes you work for your customers. The end of the ticket should be after your reply, not mine. By not responding to my agreement request, I will consuder it as approval.
You are still talking about my service,. I provide domain (subdomain SLD) registration , the free hosting is given free to help users more.
I payed for an entire year and didnt bother the support at all. I understood the free hosting service I provide may couse problems to your hosting service, therefore I told you I was not going to use my reseller account to provide that service anymore. If you would care about your customer(s) (since you are mentioning to me this fact), you could re-activate my reseller account.
I do provide free hosting from a VPS and haven't had any problem so far.

•••
No they closed even my account.
So ridiculous service.
I repeat, stay away from this site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back