Dynadot

.info Do Developed .INFO sites Sell Well

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ckclark121

Account Closed
Impact
IF so, how well? Post the site you sold as well as the price sold for. Thanks... This will give me a much better idea with what i should expect in return.

Clark

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me change my question.... Does anybody know of any popular .INFO sites on the web? I cant seem to find many

•••
Unless its a very nice domain people only buy developed sites for the achal site and traffic. if asdfghjklasd.com or asdfghjklasd.info where branded realy well and where receveing lots of traffic then they would both sell for close to the same price regardless of the ext.

QBert

•••
It all depends on the content. Info domains work suprisingly well for informational sites.

•••
ckclark121 said:
Let me change my question.... Does anybody know of any popular .INFO sites on the web? I cant seem to find many
If you go to the .info registrar site they list 1000+ .info sites that are up and running.

:wave:

•••
I think better question is 'Is it any harder to develop .info then .com?'

The answer? Well, it shouldn't be, that is if you are trying to develop something that gives visitors some INFO. If on the other hand you try to sell some goods trough .info it may be more difficult than with .com.

There is also a question how many visitors you will loose, because some will remember your name and assume it is most popular .com extension when they type it in. You should really brand it with extension, and also if available register yourdomaininfo.com.

•••
There are many ... many ... fine .Info's out there Worth Plenty of money ~ They really need to be Developed with the (Info) meaning IMO - This may not be the best Example - but it does show what can happen with the proper backlinks etc ...

One of the fine members here owns one that was registered in March of this year - I just visited it This morning and it looks so nice with that PR 7 Setting at the top of the Page :) ~ Of course now he has some Mighty fine sites to link up with as well - But still - You get the idea - They are definitely worth the time !!!!!

Take a look at Duke's list ~ http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Last edited:
•••
all4cost

thanks buddy ~

•••
ckclark121 said:
IF so, how well? Post the site you sold as well as the price sold for. Thanks... This will give me a much better idea with what i should expect in return.

Clark

according to Afilias
the Afilias Registry said:
Over 70% of .INFOs are now active on the Internet, similar to .com .INFO is now used for over 460,000 dedicated Web sites representing a broad cross section of businesses, organizations, causes, and individuals

You can find GREAT developed .INFO sites

here-> http://www.afilias.info/about_info/great_sites

I think this should inspire you with your .INFO's

:imho:

•••
Thanks for the link netPH !

That is inspirational to all .info owners. :imho:

•••
•••
lol makes me feel happier

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back