Dynadot

.tv Diy.tv Bought For 5k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MillersCrossing

Account Closed
Impact
I think the price was an absolute steal as is the premium fee of 1k - probably would carry a yearly renewal of 10k if not more if rosenblatt could have got his hands on it...

Since it is paid up to 2013, essentially means that there was zero premium paid to get the name..........

This is a name bought in partnership with Jimbo - who else!!!!!! lets see how the big boys in the diy departrment feel about the name over the next five years.......

we have decided not to wait around but market the name and business plan to the power players that be.....,.

maybe mr frager who seems to have changed his mind on the .tv ext can lend us one of his contacts!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well done guy's I think you got a great bargain!

•••
congratulations, no doubt this one will be great.

•••
After all the fuss and mass excitement of the first auction (where the name was followed by VERY many people and went to just short of $10k before we bailed out as penultimate bidder) I was quite disappointed that I hadn't gone further to get the name.

It is, without a doubt, one of the top names of any of the three letter domains.

I followed the name on the whois every day, waiting to see who had beat us at the auction but nothing happened - the buyer had obviously pulled out. The deal was certainly not completed. I couldn't believe my luck when it quietly dropped back onto SEDO.

I immediately put in a bid, asked Millers to join me and was expecting this to be a bIG auction fight. At least one other person on this forum, I believed, would take me well beyond $10k. And I mean WELL beyond 10k.

It was an exciting week watching nobody notice the name on SEDO. The other bidders just didn't materialise and it was sold after 7 days at the first bid. Sign of the times or good fortune? Who knows!

We are now left with a beautiful name which so lends itself to development that it may lead the way ahead of us.

The precedent has certainly been set if you look at the number 48 position on the following page

http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2007/ytd-sales-charts-2007.htm

That massive November figure is certainly making the new acquisition of more and more interest. The fact I am travelling over to see Millers in the USA to talk strategy on this one speaks volumes for our expectations.

I know the 'fun' of the last auction didn't take place this time and it was, thankfully, very low key. I apologise for not shouting about it, but I was determined to get the name for any price. There are people here who, obviously realising I REALLY wanted the name, gave me the wink that it was for sale (you know who you are) and I thank them for letting me know - even though it never left my radar for a minute. I will not forget you thoughtfulness.

In the meantime, if anyone wants any discount powertools, you know who to call!

•••
What an excellent buy! I checked it out some months ago, as I think it's a very viable name. Congrats, and I look forward to seeing what you both do with it.

•••
Jimbojimbo said:
In the meantime, if anyone wants any discount powertools, you know who to call!

I won't CALL anyone! I'll 'Go Ahead, Turn It On', lol. Should we be expecting James to appear a la cordless drill demonstration videos??! Maybe Jimbo will be installing a water heater or home theatre system?! Celebrity Material, I'm telling you!

•••
congratulations boys .net went for $200,000 and .com is valued over

1 million :gn:

•••
D-: wow, I think that is really dirt cheap considering the possibilities, someone really got a great deal.

DIY.net sold for $200,000 but in all honesty I'd much prefer DIY.tv - HUGE development potential for step by step video guides, homeowner showcase, forum, power tool guide ...etc....etc

...imagine all those big name sponsors for paints, windows, flooring, tools ...and on a on.

Fantastic name if you have a bit of money behind you to hire decent developers.

The UK DIY market was worth more than £23bn last year (most people are probably no better at it than Frank Spencer was !)

Damn...it really sucks being poor :laugh:

•••
DIY channel is a million dollar baby!!!

Congrats, ride 'em across the internet-tv-mobile convergence. :wave:

•••
congrats james and jimbo!

5k is a steal when you have 2 people in it and last time didnt you guys bid it up over 9k...

auction must have ended at an time or people were outside drinking beer or even working, lol

congrats again!

cheers,

j

•••
Your dear excellencies : my bow for this unique acquisition.
You did it, congratulations.

•••
•••
James, nice addition to your "fix.tv"

•••
great name great buy !!!

•••
•••
•••
Great buy guys!
I wish i was in on that deal, that should be worth $xxx,xxx in a few years.

•••
Congratulations guys - its an excellent name.

•••
•••
yes a great name indeed, one of the great premium names

•••
Congrats Jimbo and James ! What an excellent buy at a bargain price ! :tu:

A wonderful domain with huge development potential and terrific monetization opportunities.

I'm really glad such a brilliant domain now belongs to great people like you. I'm sure you'll do really well with it ! :)

•••
congras ! Please do develope it. It would be a very important site for public to notice about .tv

•••
Congrats on the purchase guys!

•••
Wow! What an incredible buy at $5K with 5 years left 'til renewal! :o Congrats fellas!

•••
Beautiful buy for $5k - Easily fits .tv and can be developed, flipped or easily sold to an end user.

I hope to see develop plans from you guys, It's the perfect name with a great ext.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back