IT.COM

.tv Diy.tv Bought For 5k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MillersCrossing

Account Closed
Impact
I think the price was an absolute steal as is the premium fee of 1k - probably would carry a yearly renewal of 10k if not more if rosenblatt could have got his hands on it...

Since it is paid up to 2013, essentially means that there was zero premium paid to get the name..........

This is a name bought in partnership with Jimbo - who else!!!!!! lets see how the big boys in the diy departrment feel about the name over the next five years.......

we have decided not to wait around but market the name and business plan to the power players that be.....,.

maybe mr frager who seems to have changed his mind on the .tv ext can lend us one of his contacts!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well done lads. This is a brilliant purchase. So basically you have no renewal fees for 5 years? That gives you a lot of time to develop it which I hope you will.

Very pleased for both of you.

•••
Congrats to both of you, an amazing buy, especially with no renewal fees for the next 5 years!

Thinking about it, there is no way to loose on a name like this, there are just too many end users and possibilities, good luck!

•••
•••
thanks to EVERYONE for your kind words - much appreciated

Heroes - you are a gentleman.

to be honest, I was very hesitant in getting involved again.....anyone who was lucky enough to watch the "bidding show" the first time round must have noticed the absolute determination with which the winning bidder kept on bidding up and up........

and then this bidder pulls out??!!

something smelt fishy and it wasnt the contents of Baldricks apple crumble!!

Was the seller getting a mate to up the bids??

Anyway - Jimbo is a very convincing young man and when he discussed with me the fact that the split in the road had opened up once more - we took the decision to go for it....the worst that could happen is we pull out if we think the fix is in......

Now, how does one get DIY.TV for 5k - is the .TV ext headed straight into the toilet or was everyone really asleep on this one......??????

I think the answer is it doesn't matter........I cant understand why we got it at the price we did...but who cares - the end users and monetisation models are there and cannot be denied.........

rest assured - we will do our utmost to make .tv proud of this name.........we just need time as we are both committed full time to other projects for at least the next 12 months

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back