Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

NameSilo
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where do i find previous offers information in my control panel?

•••
Where do i find previous offers information in my control panel?

Look here:

upload_2020-2-8_14-49-44.png

•••
Sorting my names by expiry date, I see my .ca recently renewed did not update on your system.
Is it supposed to auto update or is there a way to do it manually?

•••
FYI still a logout issue even if you check STAY LOGGED IN / REMEMBER ME box, constantly have to re-sign in :)

•••
FYI still a logout issue even if you check STAY LOGGED IN / REMEMBER ME box, constantly have to re-sign in :)

Will check with @vitigo in engineering.

We have a new Single Sign On being rolled out now that gives us some more degrees of freedom there. I added the topic to the Monday morning engineering agenda.

•••
I guess epik is down, not able to load it on chrome and my domain landers arent loading too.

•••

Hello,

We really want to replicate the issue. Could you contact our support system, please. And name to us your preferred browser and plugins that have influence on network like proxy, vpn, etc. Thx in advance!

Vitaliy

•••
Epik is down since last few hours

•••
Hello,

We really want to replicate the issue. Could you contact our support system, please. And name to us your preferred browser and plugins that have influence on network like proxy, vpn, etc. Thx in advance!

Vitaliy
I'm using brave and facing the same issue

•••
I understand it may be frustrating and we will modify the language on that temp page to better reflect what it actually is. The page you see there only shows up after you set up the domain and immediately visit the page. The system builds an SSL certificate, installs the parked page, and it does take 5 minutes. I know you are probably used to having a parked page resolve immediately, so I suggest you avoid checking if the page resolves immediately after parking the names. Finally, if you do visit the newly parked domain immediately, your local cache will store that temporary notification for a few hours. So it may seem like the domain is not resolving to you, but it is to everyone else. Clear your local cache and try again.
It seems to sometimes be much more than 5 minutes. I will keep details next time I notice it, but it sometimes is hours and a couple were not resolving the next morning. And I am not talking re lack of Chrome updating of page - tried different device and browser. I don't think it's a big thing, and many do get setup quickly, but for some reason some do not. Just wanted to let you know.
Bob

•••
Epik is down since last few hours

I've been on epik and making changes, renewing for hours with no problem. Maybe clear your cache and try to log in again...not sure where you are but I am East coast, US based.

•••
I've been on epik and making changes, renewing for hours with no problem. Maybe clear your cache and try to log in again...not sure where you are but I am East coast, US based.
Its working now but I tried on two different devices with same results.

•••
Working fine for me all morning, still fine on Brave Mobile and Desktop.

Curious how many people experienced this, definitely want to find the source of the problem.

•••

I have complained about this before, nothing was done to resolve the issue.

•••
We run a Content

Curious how many people experienced this, definitely want to find the source of the problem.

It was an issue with a large content publishing customer coming onto Content Delivery Network without prior consent. The Content Delivery Network was overloaded in some cities. It was not a DDoS so the system did route that traffic. It was just a lot of traffic. Some upgrades were deployed. A lot more capacity is on the way. For those not aware, Epik runs its own alternative to CloudFlare called BitMitigate.

•••
I have complained about this before, nothing was done to resolve the issue.

It could be that Epik has prioritized the customers when it comes to how long they can stay logged in, it could be from unlimited time to just a few minutes depending on where you fall in the system. But I believe that this issue will be resolved soon now that Epik is in the process of upgrading their servers and and are optimising their systems to be much more efficient.

IMO

•••
It could be that Epik has prioritized the customers when it comes to how long they can stay logged in, it could be from unlimited time to just a few minutes depending on where you fall in the system. But I believe that this issue will be resolved soon now that Epik is in the process of upgrading their servers and and are optimising their systems to be much more efficient.

IMO

It is not being ignored.

There is a large project to deploy all services to a unified secure single sign on (SSO). The topic of persistent sign on was discussed this morning in the engineering leadership team and is being deployed.

The historical emphasis has been on security. The engineers have addressed the requirement for persistent SSO and will be deploying to production soon.

This is definitely one where vulnerability testing has been particularly rigorous for reasons that are probably obvious.

•••

The site was down for me too for about half an hour - tried on multiple devices. Location: Romania.

•••
What are my options if I want a phone number on epik landing to someone who will negotiate on my behalf like Afternic?

•••
We run a Content

It was an issue with a large content publishing customer coming onto Content Delivery Network without prior consent. The Content Delivery Network was overloaded in some cities. It was not a DDoS so the system did route that traffic. It was just a lot of traffic. Some upgrades were deployed. A lot more capacity is on the way. For those not aware, Epik runs its own alternative to CloudFlare called BitMitigate.
Interestingly I have more problems with Epik than probably any other site. Most sites I use are virtually never inaccessible and if I were to go there and it was down I'd think 'wow, that's weird'. But with Epik it is regular enough that I think 'oh, something is going on with Epik again, I guess I'll have to come back tomorrow'. I thought CDNs were meant to make websites faster and more reliable? So does that mean there is an issue with the server for the APAC region or something?...

•••
What are my options if I want a phone number on epik landing to someone who will negotiate on my behalf like Afternic?

Sure, you can show or hide a 24/7 chat widget.

You can also show or hide a phone number.

If folks want the ability to show or hide an Epik phone number, we can enable that feature. The number would vary based on the detected user's browser language and country.

•••
Interestingly I have more problems with Epik than probably any other site. Most sites I use are virtually never inaccessible and if I were to go there and it was down I'd think 'wow, that's weird'. But with Epik it is regular enough that I think 'oh, something is going on with Epik again, I guess I'll have to come back tomorrow'. I thought CDNs were meant to make websites faster and more reliable? So does that mean there is an issue with the server for the APAC region or something?...

Thanks @NicTraders - you are likely being served out of Singapore. Let me check with @Miao about adding a POP in Australia.

http://ping.pe/epik.com

I think we can do better in Sydney than we are doing now.

Tokyo is a ridiculously fast 2 milliseconds.

•••
•••
•••

I did as well. Problem persisted for ~30 minutes. Attempted to visit via Chrome, Safari, and Brave browsers. Also w/ incognito tabs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back