Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As I understood the appraisals shown on Epik within "Performance" section are not Estibot appraisals? Thanks

Its estibot appraisal. You can try and see.

•••
In GA you can create a filter to prepend the hostname to the request URI, see for example:
  • webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/126610/one-tracking-code-for-many-domains
  • youtube.com/watch?v=FiXonqX5asU
Here is a short copy/paste from the stackexchange answer linked above

It was also explained in the help guide
The reason it may look easier elsewhere is because you are not using the domain, your visitors do not lend on your domain .com but on **marketplaceurl** tld/ your domain
Not sure this is actually optimal.. letting the user on the actual domain is looking better

Happy to help if you encounter any issue to set up analytics :)
Gube

Its Working now! thanks @Namersen @Gube , you guys are really awesome!
Apologies if I have said anything wrong.

•••
Its estibot appraisal. You can try and see.
Well, than I have noticed for at least two of my domains that value I saw on my Epik account is not the same as value on Estibot!? Or at least is not updated.

•••
Well, than I have noticed for at least two of my domains that value I saw on my Epik account is not the same as value on Estibot!? Or at least is not updated.
Only two domains effected, the rest follows?

•••
•••
Two that I have checked... the rest of them didn't checked. I have compared only these two.
Have you contacted support chat? What did they reply? I had great experience with Epik support. They are the fastest to reply, especially Anand. He was really good and prompt to all my questions.

•••
Have you contacted support chat? What did they reply? I had great experience with Epik support. They are the fastest to reply, especially Anand. He was really good and prompt to all my questions.

No, I did not .... but I will as soon as I find some time :) Thanks

•••
Tag is a great feature. It helps me organize my domains for easy management. There is one feature I wish to have. The filters have an advanced tag field where you can enter multiple tags using "and" and "or", but no "not". It would be wonderful if I can specify something like "grouped and epik-ns not domain-forward".
The more domains I move to Epik and the more I use tags, I more I find it a powerful feature to help me organize my domains. Epik: please implement the "not" feature asap. For example, I need to select "dropped" to work on domains I plan to drop, and then select "grouped but not dropped" (where grouped contains all domains) to work on the remaining ones.

•••
After some more thinking, I now suggest you create a build-in tag which can be set to any of the 26 letters by user, and add a Tag column (sortable) on the dashboard. Because the built-in tag has only one letter, it will not take up much space. But, it will be very useful. When managing a large number of domains, it is critical to be able to group domains and apply changes to them. Having the Tag column enables you to sort and visually see which domain is in which group.

We can then use the 26 letters creatively to group domains. Even better is that a default tag (such as 'u' for ungrouped yet) can be included in a domain profile that will be applied to new and transferred domains. This will allow us to quickly identify newly added domains.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding catch all, i might have missed the discussion, can it be used for external domains on Epic nameservers?

Any info on this? I think Rob once said that should be possible, but for my external domains "Setup Email Forwarding" is always greyed out.

•••
On Monday and Tuesday, I had an issue with another registrar (not Epik). All routine - a ticket, some responses. I tried to explain to the support guy that something is not working as it is supposed to. The support guy was of different opinion. At one point of time, I mentioned Epik. Trying to convinience him that what I'm writing about is not exotic in any way, and already works with other registrars (Epik was an example). An exact issue, as well as the name of another registrar, are irrelevant for the purposes of this post. What is relevant is the following: As soon as I mentioned Epik, my ticket was immediately "taken over" by another support agent (Supervisor I think). And, all was resolved within 1 hour. The supervisor admitted that something was wrong on their end, composed about 3 responses in a raw (with each next response adding something to the previous one), and he also repeatly thanked me for being a customer (not copypaste, different wording each time - but the same idea). LOL. So, Epik already changed the whole "game". Please keep up the good work :)

•••
Any info on this? I think Rob once said that should be possible, but for my external domains "Setup Email Forwarding" is always greyed out.

Could you give any example to our support team?

Thx,
Vitaliy

•••
when you add domains to nameliquidate
next _>take them off
next -> you can't add them no more

in nameliquidate:
would be good to see some kind of feedback
in terms of external views or offers

•••
I haven't been able to opt in my Epik registered names in Afternic's fast transfer network. I registered a number of domains from Nov 28th on. I've added them to Afternic as I've registered them and they've never been Opted into the Fast Transfer network. I received an email from Afternic ....

You will be contacted shortly through email to complete the opt-in process. Click on the link in that email to complete the process for the following domains:

But then I never receive an email from Epik. I assumed this was because these were hand regs and I was in a 60 day lock. Now that the 60 days has expired, still no email. I deleted a domain from Afternic and readded, still no email. I've set the appropriate buy now, floor, min offer pricing.

Anyone else have this problem getting Afternic fast transfer to work for Epik?

•••
Now that the 60 days has expired, still no email. I deleted a domain from Afternic and readded, still no email. I've set the appropriate buy now, floor, min offer pricing.
Just send an email to [email protected], list your domains, and tell them the domains are over 60-day lock period, and you want to list them for Fast Transfer.

•••
After deleting some domains from Afternic, adding them back with pricing, I was then sent a fast transfer optin email from Epik. So looks to be working correctly. I may try Kassey's idea as well to contact Afternic directly to see if they can assist so that I don't need to delete and re-add. Thanks.

•••
Not sure if this is an account specific bug but I bought a domain through NameLiquidate, transferred into Epik.

All manual transfers I did before didn't get locked, whatever I ordered through NL did. I don't mind the lock actually but the push option isn't available either. I had to go through live chat to get a push processed manually.

Support promised to inform tech about it to look into it so I suppose a fix will come but just wanted to share anyway.

Anybody else had the same issue? After buying a name not being able to either transfer or push definitely isn't what I would expect of Epik.

•••
Not sure if this is an account specific bug but I bought a domain through NameLiquidate, transferred into Epik.

All manual transfers I did before didn't get locked, whatever I ordered through NL did. I don't mind the lock actually but the push option isn't available either. I had to go through live chat to get a push processed manually.

Support promised to inform tech about it to look into it so I suppose a fix will come but just wanted to share anyway.

Anybody else had the same issue? After buying a name not being able to either transfer or push definitely isn't what I would expect of Epik.
Yeah, someone else has mentioned that issue here before. I'm pretty sure Rob said he would look into getting it sorted but I guess that hasn't happened yet.

•••

That's not right, let me see if I can find an answer and a solution for this tonight.

•••
Why does my domain name show this when I visit it directly: "
Domain Not Detected In Our Systems
If you have recently added your domain to our systems, please wait, it can take up to 10 minutes for websites to added across our global network.
check back shortly - and/or contact [email protected] for assistance
DDoS Protection by BitMitigate"

I am tired and had to switch to dan

•••
If you have recently added your domain to our systems, please wait, it can take up to 10 minutes for websites to added across our global network.

Hi @jideofor ,It takes some time to reflect your change when you import domains, so probably you are getting that message. Please check after 10 minutes. If you still face the issue, please let us know or contact support team for faster resolution. We'll take this concern to our management/dev team and see if it can be handled in better way.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards,
Sumeeth

•••

I understand it may be frustrating and we will modify the language on that temp page to better reflect what it actually is. The page you see there only shows up after you set up the domain and immediately visit the page. The system builds an SSL certificate, installs the parked page, and it does take 5 minutes. I know you are probably used to having a parked page resolve immediately, so I suggest you avoid checking if the page resolves immediately after parking the names. Finally, if you do visit the newly parked domain immediately, your local cache will store that temporary notification for a few hours. So it may seem like the domain is not resolving to you, but it is to everyone else. Clear your local cache and try again.

•••
Am I reading the below correctly for your refund policy on premium names?

If a buyer purchases one of my names that use your landing pages they a have 30 day window to request a refund?

Premium Domain Refund Policy
Customers of Premium Domains purchased from the Epik.com portfolio can request a no-questions-asked refund within 30 days of the domain purchase. Should refund be requested in a timely manner, the domain will first be removed from the customer’s domain management account and then a full refund will be provided

•••
Am I reading the below correctly for your refund policy on premium names?

If a buyer purchases one of my names that use your landing pages they a have 30 day window to request a refund?

Premium Domain Refund Policy
Customers of Premium Domains purchased from the Epik.com portfolio can request a no-questions-asked refund within 30 days of the domain purchase. Should refund be requested in a timely manner, the domain will first be removed from the customer’s domain management account and then a full refund will be provided

That's probably only for domains that are part of Epiks own portfolio.

•••
That's probably only for domains that are part of Epiks own portfolio.
It's confusing, I clicked BIN on my name to check t&c's and when you click on the refund policy that is what comes up even though the name is not part of their portfolio..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back