NameSilo

DirectNic Registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Today I tried registering with DirectNic Registrar to avail on the 3.99 .com scheme but immediately upon registration they locked my account and received a mail from DirectNic to send Driver ID or other National ID.

Is this a default behavior on DirectNic?

People can you share some experience before I start registering few domains there. I am worried they might lock my account for no reason at all in the future..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmm..not sure - I also registered some domains some weeks ago - as a new member. Didn't got any message back to send id docs.Maybe you can contact them and ask why and what happens with your account. Maybe terms page can help as well...

•••
its by default.
most of the people receive the same mail on account block

(usually in case of new account)

if payment made by unverified paypal. or by creditcard, then its a security measure from them...
dont worry, send them documents

Last edited:
•••
It was a simple registration. I don't even have a name there as of moment. It appears that they are discriminating registration process based on users country.

I am basing my arguments based on above two posts.

•••
Latest update:

Ok so they decided to lock my account forever after I sent them my two different National IDs.

Funny thing is I am a verified user on many auction sites where I can buy/sell stuff for thousands of $s using the same national IDs I sent them but DirectNic needs IDs verification just to hand reg names and on top of that they declare them invalid which is acceptable to every domain auction site I am registered with.

Their staff appears to be highly unprofessional and I would advise everybody against using their services because I can imagine them to be total failure in case of an actual dispute or problems.

Guys please refrain.

•••
Strange. I signed up with them a couple of days ago and managed to register some domains, no problem at all, and no ID verification was asked for.

•••
Strange. I signed up with them a couple of days ago and managed to register some domains, no problem at all, and no ID verification was asked for.
They will soon ask you. Get prepared

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back