Dynadot

Anyone got a suspicious email from Directnic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I got an email earlier subject "Completed Outbound Domain Name Transfer"

It was really from them and about a name that was out of that directnic account for a long time.

I tried logging into my account and was told it was locked and needed to call them. I search news to see if they had some breach but found nothing.

Anyone else got an email today from them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm ! Nop I haven't received any email yet ..

•••
I've got the same mail from them for domains tranfered out a long long time ago.

•••

Yes, I have! Seemed really sketchy. Very similar situation.

I haven't tried to access my acct yet.

•••
•••
Yes, got an email this morning with the same thing.

They were all domains I transferred out years ago.

Brad

•••
Yes, I received it today for two domains which I've transferred out some 4 years back!

•••
I received it as well, for domains I transferred in 2018. I assumed it was just a mess up on their end.

•••
I too got one email for the domains which were transferred years ago.

They might have started using .xyz domain as their email sender.

•••
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 09-45-31 (452 877 unread) - steveecker@yahoo.com - Yahoo Mail.png

It's always concerning when you receive an email like this at 3am, when the domains are located elsewhere. I checked the domains and they are where they should be. I logged in and changed my password at Directnic, just to be sure! Use two factor authentication anywhere it's offered as well!

•••
Yes, I got one this morning for a name I sold years ago

•••
Got one too
Dropped years ago

•••
Yes, same here. A client received the notice last night. The domain was successfully transferred away, way back in May/June of 2016!

•••
I got this also for domains that were transferred a long time ago!

•••
I messaged them via chat. They were replying in seconds like was bot
Its an error just disregard. Sorry for the inconvenience

•••
I've got the same mail from them for domains tranfered out a long long time ago.
same here got a message of about 10 domains that transferred out successfully I got nervous ,but it was dated 8 months ago ,all domains are ok but in other reg ,makes you wonder WTF is going on ,There

Last edited:
•••
Today I've got the same mail as yesterday from Directnic again!

•••
•••
•••
I got an email earlier subject "Completed Outbound Domain Name Transfer"

It was really from them and about a name that was out of that directnic account for a long time.

I tried logging into my account and was told it was locked and needed to call them. I search news to see if they had some breach but found nothing.

We apologize for the confusion. These are emails sent from Directnic, so there was not a breach. When cleaning up historical transfer records, it accidentally triggered these erroneous email notices. You can ignore these transfer completed emails as they are from some time ago. Feel free to reply to the email if you need support.

Thanks,
Brian D.
Directnic Support

•••
We apologize for the confusion. These are emails sent from Directnic, so there was not a breach. When cleaning up historical transfer records, it accidentally triggered these erroneous email notices. You can ignore these transfer completed emails as they are from some time ago. Feel free to reply to the email if you need support.

Thanks,
Brian D.
Directnic Support
Welcome to NamePros, and thanks for joining the discussion, appreciated.

NamePros offers the possibility to designate your account as "Company Representative", with a special "staff" badge.

More info on how you can get such a badge can be found here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/verified-company-representative-badges.860810/

A list of all verified company representatives can be found here:

https://www.namepros.com/members/?key=representatives

•••
I don't use that registrar, so did not get the notice, but a number of other people are reporting on social media receiving the same message, for domain names long since transferred.

-Bob

•••
Yes, couple of them now. Domains from the past won at auctions, sent to Directnic.

•••
•••
Yes. I've got the same email too.
It is about "Completed Outbound Domain Name Transfer" for my domain registered at Dynadot...
I understand when they apologize for the first email. But when the same email come again yesterday (Thrusday 26 Jan 2023), it seem weird to me...

Last edited:
•••
Back