Domain Empire

DirectNIC is Indeed the Worst Registrar Ever.. Bad is an Understatement.!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aywhy93

Established Member
Impact
TL:DR - DirectNIC fixed my issue in around 24 hours and I am happy with them now, but the way it was handled was frustrating

Note:
This is my horrible experience with DirectNIC, just sharing so that domainers who are not yet in the middle of their ocean will decide whether to or not to step on their beach. Decide wisely..!

Just few days after @usernamex created a thread about DirectNIC discounted .com and .net promo @ just $4.17. I was very happy and I decided to try them out and register a domain which is one of the top domains on my waiting list, I registered this domain smoothly, payment went through and it was registered immediately, I was very happy and I thought I've joined the best registrar already, the other domains in my waiting list were itching on me to get them registered immediately but I paused due to other complaints I was seeing from other NamePros member about DirectNIC. I wanted to trust them fully before going too far with them.

Now, few days after I've already registered the domain, and already listed it on my most preferred marketplace, I got a direct inbound inquiry in my email on the domain, i started negotiating with the buyer and after sending him a counter offer in the low $xxxx, I decided to login and manage the settings of the domain, to my surprise, 'I kept getting an error that my account has been locked, I should contact DirectNIC support'. I was very shocked and went mad. 'This will be my first sale EVER in domaining and I started just recently but DirectNIC is going to kill my Domaining career', I said to myself.

I immediately contacted their support to get my account unlocked and I was asked to send my personal document, a government issued ID to be precise to [email protected], I didn't think twice about it cuz I really cant wait to get this sale through, I scanned my Best Government issued ID (International Passport) and sent it immediately, my account was not even worked on for hours after doing this. I had to send them a message about this again and this time around, the same [email protected] that told me to send my personal doc to [email protected] for verification is now telling me to send my personal documents to one guy bearing Stephens who I dont want to give a f*ck about. How on earth will this happen?
If I was actually told to send it to this email in the first place, maybe I'll just send it but now I am being directed and redirected to different emails so my personal document can be circulated until it gets to those who wanna use it for their dirty activities or what.? I dont think any reliable or trustworthy business will do this, so unprofessional. I am really confused now. What do y'all think NamePros ..?

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you very much, I didn't get in touch with them last night. This morning, I got a sorry message, that my account has been successfully verified and unlocked. I hope I'll enjoy my stay with them now with no more troubles..!

Hi @luantt , thanks for the advice, I'm actually calm now and I hope I won't have problems with them anymore, if so, I'll use them for my everyday hang-reg until a super sales arrive. Thank you very much, I hope I'll enjoy my stay with them now with no more troubles and worries..!

That's what I thought at first, I think it's actually coincidental for real according to my thoughts. I was hot cuz I had no issues at all until the 5th day when I was locked out, everything is fine now and I hope this sale will go through, really excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Very happy for you they got this sorted and good luck with your sale.

Could have been handled better, yet they did fix it in a reasonable time frame, less than 24 hours correct? IDK what time you sent the first ticket

If you like you could edit a little TL:DR at the top of your first post to be helpful to members who read this in the future. I posted a note about your issue in the sale thread
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5929819/

•••
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Very happy for you they got this sorted and good luck with your sale.

Could have been handled better, yet they did fix it in a reasonable time frame, less than 24 hours correct? IDK what time you sent the first ticket

If you like you could edit a little TL:DR at the top of your first post to be helpful to members who read this in the future. I posted a note about your issue in the sale thread
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5929819/

Yeah man, I'll do just that right now. You surely a nice Pal... (y)(y)(y)

Say, what does TL:DR means.? :shy::shy::shy:

•••
TL:DR stands for Too Long : Didn't Read and is used if you write a really big post that most people will likely NOT take the time to actually read, and so you use it with a SHORT summary of the post

So in this case, a new person reading this thread for the first time would get a really bad impression of DirectNIC if they don't actually read the whole thread

By putting TL:DR and then a summary of what happened saves people from missing the important details

You are free to use your own words this is just an example:

TL:DR - DirectNIC fixed my issue in around 24 hours and I am happy with them now, but the way it was handled was frustrating

•••
Lol........ I still think 1and1 take the prize for the worst registrar.... :)

Yap you are 100% correct

The main worst one among many bad registrars is 1and1. My ordeal with them are bad. As at now that I am writing this; My two domains are missing in my account with them, the third one is renewed by them even when I did not set renewal button because I had intention to transfer. They charged my account but they could not find money in my old credit card which I have changed when I encountered first problem with them.

Last edited:
•••
this thread should be closed or the title should be change directnic isnt that bad. its alot of bashing for a registrar this ok. theres plenty of registrars that are horrible and direct nic isnt one of them

•••
this thread should be closed or the title should be change directnic isnt that bad. its alot of bashing for a registrar this ok. theres plenty of registrars that are horrible and direct nic isnt one of them

I also subscribed for closing of the thread as google will rank it and it could be a bad thing for the registrar, simple problem should not be allowed to escalate further, especially, the topic is very bad

Last edited:
•••
So every user register needs to send I'd proof and go through call verification or how it works any active users your thoughts please.

•••
I need to push the domain to other directnic account.
Domain was registered few days before.

Their support says domain can't be moved (pushed) till 60-days waiting period is over.

The worst part is one of the chat representative earlier said that it's possible to move the domain to other directnic account within 2 days of it's registration.

•••
I need to push the domain to other directnic account.
Domain was registered few days before.

Their support says domain can't be moved (pushed) till 60-days waiting period is over.

The worst part is one of the chat representative earlier said that it's possible to move the domain to other directnic account within 2 days of it's registration.

Keep making tickets and ask different reps. They're not the brightest bulbs. I wouldn't use them anymore if I was you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back