Dynadot

debate Develop .xyz domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

acs6656

Established Member
Impact
I'm thinking of developing some one word .xyz domains, since are words that i really like and would never be able to purchase the .com

Since im going to invest a lot of time and effort i would like to ask some questions:

Have you guys been successful in developing .xyz domains?

Have you noticed any difficulties in getting traffic compared to other extensions or do you think it is irrelevant?

Do you think it's a better idea to just get a lower quality .com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi

yes, i think it's irrelevant,
as to what others think, if you want to try and develop some .xyz names.

just do it and see what happens, then you can come back and tell your experience.

imo...

isn't it supposed to ask for opinions and advice in a forum?
ok

•••
If it’s a good enough single word I say go for it.

•••
In some respects .xyz reminds me of when .io was released. Granted there was more of a gold rush for .xyz, it was still speculative locking in a .io. My career is in Tech so I jumped in on the .io world and have sat on a decent portfolio of names that were hand registered.

While I didn't go out and curate a market, I respect your desire to develop .xyz domains. For me it was more a Warren Buffet buy and hold strategy as I was in no hurry to sell in the early stages.

I've been buying and holding .com domains for over 20 years which might not be smart, but the value continues to rise so I'm not overly concerned.

With that said I think you should trail blaze and look at how the .co, .io, and .us domainers built the market for their names. Lots of success with each of these and something that could help you in your quest.

I wish you well on your journey and let us know about your success with .xyz.

•••
I'm thinking of developing some one word .xyz domains, since are words that i really like and would never be able to purchase the .com
Go ahead, let us know the experience.

Have you guys been successful in developing .xyz domains?
I haven't done it myself, however, in our country one of the most popular home service based web site is sheba.xyz. This is a multi-million $$ website. What more, as you probably already know, Alphabet - Google's mother company uses abc.xyz. So it can't be that bad, can it?

Have you noticed any difficulties in getting traffic compared to other extensions or do you think it is irrelevant?
Not at all.

Do you think it's a better idea to just get a lower quality .com?
It depends. There is not generic answer. Some times one word .xyz can be better, other times lower quality (e.g. two words) .com can be better.

•••
isn't it supposed to ask for opinions and advice in a forum?
ok
Hi

yes, you are and have right to ask
all i'm saying is, our answers shouldn't deter you if you want to develop xyz names.

to me, it's better if you do it or try it first, on your own.
then you could be the trailblazer or the guy who shares their experience developing .xyz domains.

imo...

•••
It seems that the climate for .xyz sites is improving. One thing that you might try before you invest in the development is to first list the name somewhere that you can track daily traffic, to see how much an undeveloped site would get from type-in.

I have no idea on the topic you are considering, but clearly there is more uptick in .xyz acceptance from the web3 community.

As with any development, content, links in, site speed, other aspects of SEO, and how users perceive the name as in likelihood to click and go there, are probably more important than TLD, at least according to what Google says.

I did pick up on .xyz that I am considering developing, not sure if ever will. I liked the idea of .xyz as suggestive of a variety of views for the name I am considering. One nice thing is holding .xyz just about same per year as .com, so not much invested to hold while trying or thinking about it.

I hope you will share your experiences after you develop if you decide to.

Bob

•••
One thing that you might try before you invest in the development is to first list the name somewhere that you can track daily traffic, to see how much an undeveloped site would get from type-in.

If a one word .xyz undeveloped domain receives 40-60 type-in traffic per month consistently for over a year (excluding the known bot traffics), would you consider it as significant?

•••
If a one word .xyz undeveloped domain receives 40-60 type-in traffic per month consistently for over a year (excluding the known bot traffics), would you consider it as significant?
Others with true expertise on this can comment more definitively, but if almost all bots excluded and if totally undeveloped, I would regard that as significant.

•••
if almost all bots excluded and if totally undeveloped, I would regard that as significant.

Thanks, that's my opinion as well.

To remove the inclusion of bot traffics, I've used the known bot IP and Domains + compared the traffic data with multiple similar one word .xyz domains. Since one gets 40-60 more compared to the others, my conclusion is that they are legit.

While this method is not 100% full proof, that's the best I could do.

Again, thanks for your input.

•••
Hi

it would depend on what decision you were going to make relating to that domain, as to whether it's significant or not.
if you just regged it and it started getting traffic, then that would certainly get one's hopes up

if the page has relevant ads to the keyword and there are no clicks, then what's the significance of that traffic?

but if you get some offers, then that would be promising.

as for developing, personally i think .xyz is still a gamble, until mainstream loses any fear it has about clicking on sites using that extension.

meanwhile, majority of .xyz transactions are domainer driven, waiting for that time to come.

imo...

•••
When it comes to development the extension is irrelevant

Content is king......

You can get a .horse to top of Google if your content and SEO is spot on.....

So try it, but be prepared to put in a lot of time and effort to see the fruits of your labour.......

Last edited:
•••
•••
xyz are better for sure !!!
this is a very fresh extension and adopted also by the biggest companies ..(jack dursey...block.xyz/spiral.xyz)
1 word very powerful this time
i own dubai.xyz also
XYZ 2022 year is on fire !!

Last edited:
•••
develop and make a lot of money and buy the .com

•••
•••
well said , but buy .com?? why?? xyz is the new 2022 year extension !!!
You will learn over time. Nobody will change your mind, time will. Good Luck

•••
You will learn over time. Nobody will change your mind, time will. Good Luck
exactly
These words are also meant for you ...

* A small note ,, I learned about this market and a lot in the field of domains

I purchased DUBAI.XYZ almost 3 years ago
People have told me a waste of time is not worth even a penny

Looking to the future, I knew that the wonderful extension would give so much to a lot of niches, for example Blockchain and Crypto NFT and more ...

Today time has shown me that it was very lucrative
There is no denying that COM is the most popular
But in our new generation there is so much that COM unfortunately is no longer a player in these pitches
The alternative is XYZ

That's why I have time and all the time in the world because I see the goal coming true!

•••
exactly
These words are also meant for you ...

* A small note ,, I learned about this market and a lot in the field of domains

I purchased DUBAI.XYZ almost 3 years ago
People have told me a waste of time is not worth even a penny

Looking to the future, I knew that the wonderful extension would give so much to a lot of niches, for example Blockchain and Crypto NFT and more ...

Today time has shown me that it was very lucrative
There is no denying that COM is the most popular
But in our new generation there is so much that COM unfortunately is no longer a player in these pitches
The alternative is XYZ

That's why I have time and all the time in the world because I see the goal coming true!
All you need to do is look up the largest players in the crypto, nft, web3 world and check how many use the xyz extension. I checked the end of 2021, its rare. OpenSea had a choice when they rebranded to the .com, the xyz is still for sale for under 30k at godaddy.

What is happening to xyz happened to other extensions in the past, there was always a reason why those extensions will take over certain industries and none ever replaced .com. It is not about to change unless the major players move to xyz and they rarely use that extension.

I am posting this not for you, I am posting this for other domainers here that are planning to gamble with xyz and hoping they think twice how much they gamble with.

If someone is still a skeptic

Top 10 NFT market places - 0 use .xyz almost all use .com one uses .app and a few use .io

https://www.gobankingrates.com/investing/crypto/best-nft-marketplaces

Top web3 companies - 0 use .xyz

https://techibytes.com/list-of-7-top-web3-companies-you-should-know/

Many extensions had their wave, XYZ is having it's wave now for a very limited number of people and for a very limited number of domains especially if they are low 4x sales or above.

•••
All you need to do is look up the largest players in the crypto, nft, web3 world and check how many use the xyz extension. I checked the end of 2021, its rare. OpenSea had a choice when they rebranded to the .com, the xyz is still for sale for under 30k at godaddy.

What is happening to xyz happened to other extensions in the past, there was always a reason why those extensions will take over certain industries and none ever replaced .com. It is not about to change unless the major players move to xyz and they rarely use that extension.

I am posting this not for you, I am posting this for other domainers here that are planning to gamble with xyz and hoping they think twice how much they gamble with.

If someone is still a skeptic

Top 10 NFT market places - 0 use .xyz almost all use .com one uses .app and a few use .io

https://www.gobankingrates.com/investing/crypto/best-nft-marketplaces

Top web3 companies - 0 use .xyz

https://techibytes.com/list-of-7-top-web3-companies-you-should-know/

Many extensions had their wave, XYZ is having it's wave now for a very limited number of people and for a very limited number of domains especially if they are low 4x sales or above.
The things you say are not accurate at all
First XYZ has been flying into the sky in terms of its value in the last 3 months
A really short time ago
CAPITAL.XYZ Sold at 105K

Jack Dorsey gave up and replaced SQUARE.COM with the BLOCK.XYZ domain and also uses SPIRAL.XYZ

The trend is very positive and it seems that a lot of people are no longer interested in COM

I'll try to describe it that way
COM - is the Mercedes in a lot of areas and very valuable and popular

XYZ - This is the BMW of the new generation and it seems that it is not going to disappear, certainly not in the reality of 2022

My conclusion
Do not eulogize XYZ so fast

In the past year XYZ has been waking up from an eternal coma towards unchallenged control of the global economy

time will tell...

•••
.xyz is good in Google Search. When I worked in a Hotel in 2014 if I am not wrong, I bought 3 geo keywords .xyz in Hotel and developed 3 simple websites with Godaddy builder. Guest what? 2300 visits to websites in a month just after 2 weeks developed. The problem is Google Alogarithm now is very difficult, not like it was in past time. .xyz is better in Google search than other nTLDs and cheap that time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back