IT.COM

new gtlds ALERT: .XYZ Registry Stealing Back Newly Registered Numerics?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I registered all the below domains on 6/1/2017 after searching for 10's of thousands of numerics to purchase. Since I purchased, I renewed for 1 year and parked. Last night, all the domains had my 1 year renewal removed without any notification or email (or refund) and all have been put into the Pending Delete status so the parked pages no longer resolve, again, without any notification or email.

It's ridiculous that a registry can advertise on selling numerics, we research for hours and then buy available numerics from them, and then I'm assuming is going through the processes to steal them back. I've been a supporter of the xyz registry but that may change soon. This may be a warning for all .xyz domain owners if the registry is taking back registered domains.

Here are all the domains I purchased. My name is still in the whois but as you can see the domains are now Pending Delete even though they don't expire until 6/1/2018. I have emailed both the XYZ Registry and Dynadot (where I registered the domains) about 6-7 hours ago. Still no explanation whatsoever.

I will update this thread as I get more information. Do note that I know of at least 1 other person who is in the same situation as me.

176.xyz
175.xyz
174.xyz
173.xyz
172.xyz
170.xyz
169.xyz
167.xyz
165.xyz
164.xyz
162.xyz
159.xyz
157.xyz
154.xyz
153.xyz
152.xyz
149.xyz
147.xyz
146.xyz
145.xyz
143.xyz
142.xyz
140.xyz
137.xyz
134.xyz
130.xyz
129.xyz
127.xyz
125.xyz
124.xyz
107.xyz
104.xyz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There will be some domainers as hold outs for a few years, then the extension will die. I could be completely wrong and they will be the next bitcoin as suggested in their promotion. Lol. Just like .horse, .guitars, etc.

•••
I think that 2 letter extensions have a good shot I like .cc and even names like .mobi that at say something , I recently was approach by someone who wants one of my short.mobi"s so he can put it on his electric car licence plate

•••
The cc tld's of course, but not a .horse of a course.... lol.

•••
•••
And we sing a long...Go right to the source (whateveregistry) and ask the .horse( That famous domainer) if he knows of a talking .horse of course, and then because he's a talking .horse of course he will try and sell you an XYZ for .88 cents instead.
(but not a 3 digit)

•••
That horse inspired me to buy one of my domain names

•••
Thank you for the industry heads up! I thought .XYZ was going to be trouble. It seems like it's been causing a lot of pain recently.

•••
I registered all the below domains on 6/1/2017 after searching for 10's of thousands of numerics to purchase. Since I purchased, I renewed for 1 year and parked. Last night, all the domains had my 1 year renewal removed without any notification or email (or refund) and all have been put into the Pending Delete status so the parked pages no longer resolve, again, without any notification or email.

It's ridiculous that a registry can advertise on selling numerics, we research for hours and then buy available numerics from them, and then I'm assuming is going through the processes to steal them back. I've been a supporter of the xyz registry but that may change soon. This may be a warning for all .xyz domain owners if the registry is taking back registered domains.

Here are all the domains I purchased. My name is still in the whois but as you can see the domains are now Pending Delete even though they don't expire until 6/1/2018. I have emailed both the XYZ Registry and Dynadot (where I registered the domains) about 6-7 hours ago. Still no explanation whatsoever.

I will update this thread as I get more information. Do note that I know of at least 1 other person who is in the same situation as me.

176.xyz
175.xyz
174.xyz
173.xyz
172.xyz
170.xyz
169.xyz
167.xyz
165.xyz
164.xyz
162.xyz
159.xyz
157.xyz
154.xyz
153.xyz
152.xyz
149.xyz
147.xyz
146.xyz
145.xyz
143.xyz
142.xyz
140.xyz
137.xyz
134.xyz
130.xyz
129.xyz
127.xyz
125.xyz
124.xyz
107.xyz
104.xyz

This domain has been reserved by the registry, and is not available for registration.

•••
they made a mistake. obviously a software/api glitch. it happens...
imagine that you find $1M credited to your banking account the other day by mistake. would you expect the bank not to debit it back without a notice and insist they should still give it to you because it was their mistake not yours so make them pay for their mistakes and a client is always right blah blah blah...

* i don't own a single .xyz name and not planning to
lol , isnt it amazing its always a glitch :xf.smile:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back