Dynadot

new gtlds ALERT: .XYZ Registry Stealing Back Newly Registered Numerics?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I registered all the below domains on 6/1/2017 after searching for 10's of thousands of numerics to purchase. Since I purchased, I renewed for 1 year and parked. Last night, all the domains had my 1 year renewal removed without any notification or email (or refund) and all have been put into the Pending Delete status so the parked pages no longer resolve, again, without any notification or email.

It's ridiculous that a registry can advertise on selling numerics, we research for hours and then buy available numerics from them, and then I'm assuming is going through the processes to steal them back. I've been a supporter of the xyz registry but that may change soon. This may be a warning for all .xyz domain owners if the registry is taking back registered domains.

Here are all the domains I purchased. My name is still in the whois but as you can see the domains are now Pending Delete even though they don't expire until 6/1/2018. I have emailed both the XYZ Registry and Dynadot (where I registered the domains) about 6-7 hours ago. Still no explanation whatsoever.

I will update this thread as I get more information. Do note that I know of at least 1 other person who is in the same situation as me.

176.xyz
175.xyz
174.xyz
173.xyz
172.xyz
170.xyz
169.xyz
167.xyz
165.xyz
164.xyz
162.xyz
159.xyz
157.xyz
154.xyz
153.xyz
152.xyz
149.xyz
147.xyz
146.xyz
145.xyz
143.xyz
142.xyz
140.xyz
137.xyz
134.xyz
130.xyz
129.xyz
127.xyz
125.xyz
124.xyz
107.xyz
104.xyz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is never ok from the registry and they should not have this much power.

Now their campaign to get people to think useless NNNNNNN.xyz are the new bitcoin might fail O_o

•••
This is never ok from the registry and they should not have this much power.

Now their campaign to get people to think useless NNNNNNN.xyz are the new bitcoin might fail O_o

as we all know, no intelligent person falls for marketing like this.
unfortunately, there are many not so intelligent people in this world.
so I guess they'll be making a few bucks on this.

but I definitely agree with you, I do not have the faintest idea how they are able or allowed to get away with doing some of the stuff they do. clearly, they are the only extension in biz doing those things. or that I know of at least.

Last edited:
•••
I'm prety sure the way its supposed to go for any non joke company is to fix reg api first.. then offer domains for sale.

Exactly. What a amateur operation.

In the top Half Million websites from Quantcast- XYZ has 880 positions, which I thought was interesting. .Club has half that 429, but the difference is .Club I would imagine just about all of them are legit sites.
These (3) XYZ rank in top 5000- which are mostly .Com, .Org, etc.
1137 homeburu.xyz
3151 foxnew.xyz
3993 pretendyoure.xyz

Somebody made a blanket statement, that besides this registry mess, that the extension XYZ is polluted. Well, that seems to be evident as what I have observed. This is Crazy. Free Bootleg movies, Free streaming, Piracy, hacking, questionable proxy services, and what appears to be illegal content by the exact match names, and I won't post those.

I did not visit these sites to verify, as I am not interested in dealing with virus issues and they might be phishing traps too.

Here are the best ones to laugh at, these are real websites that get a lot of traffic, maybe some are legit:

8319 unblockall.xyz, 19503 yifytorrent.xyz, 24924 mymoviepot.xyz, 36376 unblocker.xyz, 59358 ukpirateproxy.xyz, 138878 proxypiratebay.xyz
43398 rarescandals.xyz. 66037 mydoghasfleas.xyz
73886 onlinehacktools.xyz, 130588 thelastdisaster.xyz, 153332 torrentlist.xyz, 158533 contentlocked.xyz, 166580 torrentscloud.xyz, 178298 playstationhax.xyz, 187097 onlinehackcheats.xyz
214240 moviesfree4u.xyz, 214240 mp3corner.xyz, 227304 freebooksforall.xyz, 227304 watchmoviesonlines.xyz, 235361 oghacks.xyz, 248783 crackedforyou.xyz, 252056 torrentunlock.xyz,
277342 royalecheatsverification.xyz, 293515 putlocker-movies.xyz, 328935 thepirateproxybay.xyz, 375894 softwarecrack.xyz, 432146 pirateunblocked.xyz, 465926 pirateunblocker.xyz, 468650 watchwalkingdeadseason7.xyz, 479776 seventorrents.xyz, 489136 extratorrentlive.xyz,

•••
Exactly. What a amateur operation.

In the top Half Million websites from Quantcast- XYZ has 880 positions, which I thought was interesting. .Club has half that 429, but the difference is .Club I would imagine just about all of them are legit sites.
These (3) XYZ rank in top 5000- which are mostly .Com, .Org, etc.
1137 homeburu.xyz
3151 foxnew.xyz
3993 pretendyoure.xyz

Somebody made a blanket statement, that besides this registry mess, that the extension XYZ is polluted. Well, that seems to be evident as what I have observed. This is Crazy. Free Bootleg movies, Free streaming, Piracy, hacking, questionable proxy services, and what appears to be illegal content by the exact match names, and I won't post those.

I did not visit these sites to verify, as I am not interested in dealing with virus issues and they might be phishing traps too.

Here are the best ones to laugh at, these are real websites that get a lot of traffic, maybe some are legit:

8319 unblockall.xyz, 19503 yifytorrent.xyz, 24924 mymoviepot.xyz, 36376 unblocker.xyz, 59358 ukpirateproxy.xyz, 138878 proxypiratebay.xyz
73886 onlinehacktools.xyz, 130588 thelastdisaster.xyz, 153332 torrentlist.xyz, 158533 contentlocked.xyz, 166580 torrentscloud.xyz, 178298 playstationhax.xyz, 187097 onlinehackcheats.xyz
214240 moviesfree4u.xyz, 214240 mp3corner.xyz, 227304 freebooksforall.xyz, 227304 watchmoviesonlines.xyz, 235361 oghacks.xyz, 248783 crackedforyou.xyz, 252056 torrentunlock.xyz,
277342 royalecheatsverification.xyz, 293515 putlocker-movies.xyz, 328935 thepirateproxybay.xyz, 375894 softwarecrack.xyz, 432146 pirateunblocked.xyz, 465926 pirateunblocker.xyz, 468650 watchwalkingdeadseason7.xyz, 479776 seventorrents.xyz, 489136 extratorrentlive.xyz,

Seems pretty sketch tbh.

•••
In case you are interested, am going to post developed website stats soon on the other nGtld's from this quantcast list stay tuned.

•••

that is why they will never have any value. cheap regs degrade an extension.

no legit business is going to build on .xyz

spam filters will block them.

Last edited:
•••
Personally I think the registrars should also step up to the plate here. When they have registries that are frequently taking back domains due to bugs or whatever in their system..then registrars should start boycottting the registry and stop selling that particular nGTLD until they have sorted out their issues. The bottom line is that these sort of so called "bugs" impact on the registrar 's customers. Surely they should have some sort of concern for how it impacts their brand as well? I mean if a large chain store was selling a particular brand of electronics.. lets say a brand of laptops and these laptops kept bombing out and were frequently defective, the chain store would pull the item of their shelves instead of continuing to sell it. They would not risk their brand's repuation or jepordise their customer loyality by selling a defective product. I think if some of the big registrar's step up to the plate and do this then the others will follow. Also, the registrar's that do this would show their customers (us) that they actually do value our business and we would continue to support them. Just my 2 cents... maybe I'm expecting too much and I'm being naive and my suggestion is utophian in the domaining world. I guess if this happens then, the registries will stop this nonesense and will be forced to actually conduct themselves in a professional manner IF they want the support of the registrars.

Last edited:
•••
Personally I think the registrars should also step up to the plate here. When they have registries that are frequently taking back domains due to bugs or whatever in their system..then registrars should start boycottting the registry and stop selling that particular nGTLD until they have sorted out their issues. The bottom line is that these sort of so called "bugs" impact on the registrar 's customers. Surely they should have some sort of concern for how it impacts their brand as well? I mean if a large chain store was selling a particular brand of electronics.. lets say a brand of laptops and these laptops kept bombing out and were frequently defective, the chain store would pull the item of their shelves instead of continuing to sell it. They would not risk their brand's repuation or jepordise their customer loyality by selling a defective product. I think if some of the big registrar's step up to the plate and do this then the others will follow. Also, the registrar's that do this would show their customers (us) that they actually do value our business and we would continue to support them. Just my 2 cents... maybe I'm expecting too much and I'm being naive and my suggestion is utophian in the domaining world.

well that is exactly the point I just made with regards to namecheap. they dropped xyz completely.. some months ago.

so your absolutely correct. maybe some stores just get paid a ton of money to distribute certain brands of laptops.. who knows ;)

there is always in all areas of life some stuff going on behind closed doors. in the end its all about the money.. and when the bigger richer folk come out of their closed door meeting, rest of us all we get is a lame marketing pitch... trying to sell us crap we do not need to begin with.. its just whatever makes them money ... the thoght of whether you'll make money out of what they're trying to sell you never even crosses their minds.. not even once.. its the story of pretty much all ngtlds really... some just go about it in a much more nasty way.. and over some dead bodies.

Last edited:
•••
i agree. of course they are supposed to... but you know even BMW recalls their cars from time to time.
and return a fixed car or a new car of the same model (maybe an upgrade sometimes). Besides, cars depreciate over time, domains do not, unless of course if they are .xyz domains

Last edited:
•••
well that is exactly the point I just made with regards to namecheap. they dropped xyz completely.. some months ago.

so your absolutely correct. maybe some stores justg get paid a ton of money to distribute certain brands of laptops.. who knows ;)

Wooah.. now thats interesting... sorry, I didn't see your previous comment about NameCheap dropping .xyz - Wow... did they do that because of the "bugs" in the .xyz system? If so then I think us as domainers...need to show them that we support their bold move and start sending a little more business their way. This will also give the other registries wake up call that if they want our business they need to up their game.

I think as domainers we have allowed the registries and registrars to dictate the rules to us and we have been bullied into submission. I agree it that often it is diffuclt for us to challenge the system beacuse it can directly impact on our pocket...but something needs to change and the balance of power should be shifted as it needs to rightfully reside with the domainers as we are the ones who drive the industry and we should not be dictated too.

Lol... revolution anyone? :)

Last edited:
•••
I have a good friend/mentor for now 40 years who has been in the same service business and always thrived. We have watched and seen many companies who have come and gone over this time. His niche is very nano-small, but the entire world uses his services, worldwide. His small company, competes against some fortune 100 companies in his service he provides. These corporations- being like some large sluggish entities can be- run very poorly, having arrogance and little or no regard for their customers, it's nearly customer abuse in some cases. But since there are only a few companies supplying, they can't find other suppliers it's impossible, for years everyone has to put up with the nonsense. Some of these corporations actually park the equipment waiting to being repaired on the shelf untouched so as to delay and pressure the customer into buying more equipment, and hold up or require huge repair bills just PURPOSELY to upset the customers, this is no joke.

Anyhow, my friend has only grown in volume, never had a economic cycle downturn at all. He never advertises in yellow pages or anywhere, has no website, had avoided a fax machine for years, never used email- all because he did not want to instantaneous response necessary with this sort of communication, however... here is the good one,- you can always reach him by phone and he answers you. People enjoy that interaction, and the trust that is made by being able to call and speak to the owner. Not hiding behind some corporate veil, voice mail, etc.

One of his great comments to me over all the years, that reminds me of this XYZ mess is this:

"My COMPETITORS are my best advertising, they do such a poor job of servicing their customers, people find me by word of mouth referrals".

•••
Had my hand reg grid.xyz which I had for several days stolen just this morning!!!

We apologize for the confusion. However, we have received notification from the .XYZ Registry that there was a pricing discrepancy regarding, GRID.XYZ. As this domain name is a premium domain and was incorrectly listed at regular pricing at the time of your purchase. Due to this discrepancy, the Registry has requested that we delete and refund the domain name.
Per their request, we have since removed the domain name from your Name.com account and have provided a refund in the amount of $0.99. Your refund should be returned in approximately 3-5 business days. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to call the .XYZ Registry to further discuss pricing.
Please let us know if there is anything else we may be able to assist you with!

what name is safe with .xyz? who would dare buy an xyz domain in the aftermarket? who would be foolish enough to start building out an xyz domain? And you get your $0.99 back for your trouble and anxiety this has caused.

•••
xyz is crap and everyone knows it,but domainers assume endusers are idiots. Assumption is the monther of all screw ups. Stop buying this crap and they will stop abuse.

•••
Just stay away from .xyz. If not then you are asking for trouble.

•••
About a year and a half ago we won a name contest .XYZ was having and they sent us $1000 ( one thousand) with no problem at all. If you don't think .xyz is worth it just don't buy it's that simple.

•••
Yes, I was one of the judges. :)
I own 0 .xyz domain names.

About a year and a half ago we won a name contest .XYZ was having and they sent us $1000 ( one thousand) with no problem at all. If you don't think .xyz is worth it just don't buy it's that simple.

•••

this one thing you talk about that happend to you.. it doesn't make a thousand other wrongs right. it is like a drop in the ocean. the ocean don't feel a thing.

•••
Actually i dont agree. It sh
this one thing you talk about that happend to you.. it doesn't make a thousand other wrongs right. it is like a drop in the ocean. the ocean don't feel a thing.
Actually i don't agree at all it shows that they .XYZ kept their word on a deal. When did I say it makes up for anything else wrong? Perhaps you read someone else's post but good luck to you.

•••

Actually i don't agree at all it shows that they .XYZ kept their word on a deal. When did I say it makes up for anything else wrong? Perhaps you read someone else's post but good luck to you.

yes maybe we were both reading someone else's posts.. I guess its possible.... all I said .. to you or the other guy.. is that the one word they kept means nothing in the ocean of unkept promises and wrongdoings.

•••

That prize you won was worth more than a 1000 of their $1 domains too. Maybe this XYZ experiment is good as a case study of how NOT to run a business and only can serve as a warning to others.

https://despair.com/products/mistakes

Last edited:
•••
In case you are interested, am going to post developed website stats soon on the other nGtld's from this quantcast list stay tuned.
Should be fun. In terms of possible video streaming sies, XYZ is far from being anywhere near the worst.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
There are some threads here on Namepros that detail the takebacks that occurred when the new gTLDs launched in 2014. Some of them concerned domain names that should not have been released but were released in error. Needless to say, many people, including some high profile domainers, didn't read the smallprint.

Regards...jmcc

•••
You go to Wal-Mart. You buy based on a price mistake, you keep it. They do not take it back.

I used to like xyz, but I don't trust them at all and are dropping all I have.

•••
Someone with deep pockets probably approached them ,now that these things are gaining traction,they will blame the valid regs on a glitch and they should have been held. Nobody should renew .xyz that will get to them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back