IT.COM

new gtlds ALERT: .XYZ Registry Stealing Back Newly Registered Numerics?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I registered all the below domains on 6/1/2017 after searching for 10's of thousands of numerics to purchase. Since I purchased, I renewed for 1 year and parked. Last night, all the domains had my 1 year renewal removed without any notification or email (or refund) and all have been put into the Pending Delete status so the parked pages no longer resolve, again, without any notification or email.

It's ridiculous that a registry can advertise on selling numerics, we research for hours and then buy available numerics from them, and then I'm assuming is going through the processes to steal them back. I've been a supporter of the xyz registry but that may change soon. This may be a warning for all .xyz domain owners if the registry is taking back registered domains.

Here are all the domains I purchased. My name is still in the whois but as you can see the domains are now Pending Delete even though they don't expire until 6/1/2018. I have emailed both the XYZ Registry and Dynadot (where I registered the domains) about 6-7 hours ago. Still no explanation whatsoever.

I will update this thread as I get more information. Do note that I know of at least 1 other person who is in the same situation as me.

176.xyz
175.xyz
174.xyz
173.xyz
172.xyz
170.xyz
169.xyz
167.xyz
165.xyz
164.xyz
162.xyz
159.xyz
157.xyz
154.xyz
153.xyz
152.xyz
149.xyz
147.xyz
146.xyz
145.xyz
143.xyz
142.xyz
140.xyz
137.xyz
134.xyz
130.xyz
129.xyz
127.xyz
125.xyz
124.xyz
107.xyz
104.xyz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that is why xyz is a joke.

I, and, from what I heard was around 100 other accounts, had the identical thing happen to them on that big 1cent june promo a year or two ago. many spent hours regging hundreds.. or some even thousands of domains.. only to see them removed the day or two after. under same stupid pathetic pretext that they were engaging in spam activitiy or that the domains were spamhaus marked as problematic or some other nonsense stupidity that clearly had nothign to do with fact or what those domainers were doing.

xyz didn't help and talking to them just added to the insult. uniregistry couldn't care less either about what was happenining. or should I say.. had no clue.

this is why I, or no one else, shoudl waste their time with xyz and their desperate promos, falsely masked under the "innovation and revolutionary" headlines.

•••
fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I do know how many times this registry has tried to fool domainers why do people still think it is a good idea to give them your money?

they launched with a scam, they will go down with a scam.

•••
Sorry to hear that. I guess they are premiums.

•••
why do domainers think they can make money competing against a registry which controls the domains and prices?

•••
•••
the .xyz registry wants you to buy their 9n numerics which will never have any value and sell the ones that have value, themselves.. it's a suckers game.. if you are not a sucker don't play

•••
upload_2017-6-3_13-37-44.png

And they've now lost approx 320k registrations in 3 days - and that's before the 1 cent cliff face!

Last edited:
•••
NNN.xyz are all either taken or premium
that's quite naive to expect them to be avail for 0.99 or something..

Namebio prices: https://namebio.com/?s==MDNwkzN2ITM

Naive? They were available for registration, I registered, and now they are taking them back. I guess you don't see the issue?

•••
Naive? They were available for registration, I registered, and now they are taking them back. I guess you don't see the issue?

Agree with Lotk - if they were shown as available for registration and he registered them - then how can they snatch them back?

•••
Sorry to hear that. I guess they are premiums.

This is not an excuse!!
If they were/are premiums, registry can not permit the registrtion.
What does it mens you can reg them for $ 1 and days later they catch them back? Plus without any notification or email!
This a shady game, and people loose money with this unethical behaviour.
And this resgistry is not the onlyone!

•••
they made a mistake. obviously a software/api glitch. it happens...
imagine that you find $1M credited to your banking account the other day by mistake. would you expect the bank not to debit it back without a notice and insist they should still give it to you because it was their mistake not yours so make them pay for their mistakes and a client is always right blah blah blah...

* i don't own a single .xyz name and not planning to

•••
.XYZ is next .COM , maybe in 2025.

•••
they made a mistake. obviously a software/api glitch. it happens...
imagine that you find $1M credited to your banking account the other day by mistake. would you expect the bank not to debit it back without a notice and insist they should still give it to you because it was their mistake not yours so make them pay for their mistakes and a client is always right blah blah blah...

* i don't own a single .xyz name and not planning to

The situation here is different mate. What if you deposited the money (akin to people registering the domains with money) and next day without any notice the bank shows a zero balance?

* I own just two .xyz names and not planning to own any more

•••
The ICANN has no safeguards about it. All they are concerned is getting money from the registries and also from every individual registrations !

•••
The situation here is different mate. What if you deposited the money (akin to people registering the domains with money) and next day without any notice the bank shows a zero balance?

they will refund everything. that's not a point.

•••

Yeah. .XYZ have waves of uncertainty.

•••
they will refund everything. that's not a point.
Refund what? The money registered for OR the domain? If the former, then there is no point. Tomorrow verisign can follow the trend and recall all LLL.coms

•••
Glitch somewhere for those to be available to hand reg.

•••
Refund what? The money registered for OR the domain? If the former, then there is no point. Tomorrow verisign can follow the trend and recall all LLL.coms

money...

you can't compare this to LLL.coms - NNN.xyz that were let to be registered yesterday have been premiums with fixed reg prices from the very beginning of this .xyz drama.

you can download the list here and check for yourself: https://gen.xyz/domain-investors/vp/xyz-vp.csv

edit: $1,300 apiece

Last edited:
•••
money...

you can't compare this to LLL.coms - NNN.xyz that were let to be registered yesterday have been premiums with fixed reg prices from the very beginning of this .xyz drama.

you can download the list here and check for yourself: https://gen.xyz/domain-investors/vp/xyz-vp.csv

Either I misunderstood op's post or you have missed the first para:
I registered all the below domains on 6/1/2017 after searching for 10's of thousands of numerics to purchase. Since I purchased, I renewed for 1 year and parked. Last night, all the domains had my 1 year renewal removed without any notification or email (or refund) and all have been put into the Pending Delete status so the parked pages no longer resolve, again, without any notification or email.
of course verisign cannot be compared with the sprung up ngtld registries, it was just a hypothetical comparison :)

Last edited:
•••
Either I misunderstood op's post or you have missed the first para:

of course verisign cannot be compared with the sprung up ngtld registries, it was just a hypothetical comparison :)

sorry i don't get the point again...

NNNs have always been been premiums with $1,300 tag. officially and publicly.
yesterday they mistakenly made them avail to reg for 0.99
some people regged.
they will be refunded. and hopefully get apologies and credits.
the names will go back to the registry vault.
what's so hard to understand here?
xyz software developers made a mistake in their backend/api while they were rolling out their 1.1111B promo. let hang them on a tree for that...

•••
money...

i think not all were premiums... some were registered before they were premium and had normal renewals maybe... when they dropped, the registry realised they were not premium and took them back. or did theyhave 88 cents renewal?

like it or not but this is the future of domaining in .whatever... something valuable drops and it has already a premium price slapped on it. if it does not the registry will be quick to correct their mistake..

what you get to register is the worthless junk that would never sell to an end-user e.g 9N.xyz

vote with your dollars and support only the registries that treat you well.

Last edited:
•••
It's like buying a plane ticket, boarding the plane, then being told that you have to get off the plane and take another flight. BS.

They will allow you to pay more if you buy at one site compared to another. They never will refund the difference of the lowest available price. Just BS.

•••
.XYZ registry is not looking for easy ways to promote .xyz lol

•••
Back