Dynadot

DD24 for .eu pre reg- opportunity?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
DD24 just dumped all pre reg that had not been confirmed, that left a lot of good names available for pre reg via them, not cheap at 25 euro but a chance to maybe find a little gem.

Good luck

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the info :xf.love: but im staying away from .eu and the "we are gonna take your money for nothing" :'(

•••
I got the notification DD24 was releasing a bunch of unconfirmed pre-registrations today,so I poked around today and WOW...did I pre-reg some good ones.
I am VERY unsure about .EU overall,but it's silly to not take a chance at the premiums.I'll risk $200 or so...

•••
DD24 seems good company, I maybe try

•••
Dillpup said:
I got the notification DD24 was releasing a bunch of unconfirmed pre-registrations today,so I poked around today and WOW...did I pre-reg some good ones.
I am VERY unsure about .EU overall,but it's silly to not take a chance at the premiums.I'll risk $200 or so...

DD24 got most of my premium .co.in names so fingers crossed for the .eu :D

•••
As I read they let 2 person apply for each domain, my question is they catch them from you in LandRush or just inform you they are available(like lycos?)? Because i prereg 17 until now with them and se 0$ for total??
Thanks

•••
monRa said:
As I read they let 2 person apply for each domain, my question is they catch them from you in LandRush or just inform you they are available(like lycos?)? Because i prereg 17 until now with them and se 0$ for total??
Thanks

Tikanis

They will probably ask for "part payment" just before the landrush, probably 50%, if they fail to get them they refund. If the first in line fails to pay the "part payment" the successful regs will go to the number 2 in line.

•••
ok i get it and if not regged you get all your mone back?

•••
wot said:
DD24 got most of my premium .co.in names so fingers crossed for the .eu :D

Same here...DD24 had a 75% success rate for me in grabbing my co.in/.in pre-registrations.
I am in the "top position" on some ultra-premium names,I'd be happy if they end up snagging just one of them for me!
I'm just hoping I'm allowed to reg them...the rules say you need to have an affiliation with Europe,but I don't.
I don't get what the big deal is..I registered 2 .DE domains through DD24 without any problems,and I don't have a German address.Couldn't I just fill in any European address and leave my name,email,and phone unchanged?
Will it even be enforced? I haven't heard of .US domain being revoked from non-us residents.Hmm.

•••
Dillpup said:
Same here...DD24 had a 75% success rate for me in grabbing my co.in/.in pre-registrations.
I am in the "top position" on some ultra-premium names,I'd be happy if they end up snagging just one of them for me!
I'm just hoping I'm allowed to reg them...the rules say you need to have an affiliation with Europe,but I don't.
I don't get what the big deal is..I registered 2 .DE domains through DD24 without any problems,and I don't have a German address.Couldn't I just fill in any European address and leave my name,email,and phone unchanged?
Will it even be enforced? I haven't heard of .US domain being revoked from non-us residents.Hmm.

Not sure about the .eu status, I am a brit, eu passport so no probs. There is usually a way around it.

I managed 77 number one slots so with luck should get a few :gl:

•••
wot said:
Not sure about the .eu status, I am a brit, eu passport so no probs. There is usually a way around it.

I managed 77 number one slots so with luck should get a few :gl:
what is DD24

•••
•••
i will just wait till release, then have a grab.

•••
ah thanks for reminding me.. hehe, had a few there.

•••
•••
They are also taking multiple pre-reg's for the same domain according to their website, I just tried - poker.eu - cruise.eu - hotels.eu - sex.eu

And it says all available - very little chance I think unless you pre-reg'd a very long time ago.

•••
gazzip said:
They are also taking multiple pre-reg's for the same domain according to their website, I just tried - poker.eu - cruise.eu - hotels.eu - sex.eu

And it says all available - very little chance I think unless you pre-reg'd a very long time ago.

If you read it,it says they are taking 2 pre-orders for each name for the Landrush registrations.The Top person gets the domain if they catch it,but if they fail to pay then Position 2 receives the name.
ALL names show as available right now,but if the "sunrise only" message appears next to the name,it means you need a trademark for the name to apply for registration.
They began taking pre-orders a very long time ago,almost a year.I was able to get some nice pre-registrations....one of which is Cruise.eu :)

I hope they can get one or 2 off my list..I also am in the top position for Deutschland.eu...but I've read country names are reserved...but in all languages? hmm wish they were more clear.

•••
If you get cruise.eu you'll be laughing all the way to the bank, would be nice eh !

You could have a good chance if you were early, best of luck to you.

Do you have to pay anything if they do not get it for you ?

•••
gazzip said:
If you get cruise.eu you'll be laughing all the way to the bank, would be nice eh !

You could have a good chance if you were early, best of luck to you.

Do you have to pay anything if they do not get it for you ?

As Wot said, they ask for a partial payment (probably 50%) the week before the domains go live,and if they fail to get you your names,you will be refunded.
You have nothing to lose by pre-registering with them,I've had very positive experiences with DD24.

•••
Thanks

Why would generic names like - cruise.eu - creditcards.eu - sex.eu -poker.eu
only be available in the sunrise period ?

•••
gazzip said:
Thanks

Why would generic names like - cruise.eu - creditcards.eu - sex.eu -poker.eu
only be available in the sunrise period ?

Well,no one will have trademarks for these names,but when the 2 pre-order spots are filled for a domain,no matter if it's generic or a trademark,it automatically defaults to say "sunrise only".

Last Friday,DD24 deleted a bunch of pre-registrations from people who forgot to confirm them,so there are alot of good names still to be pre-regged there.

•••
Dillpup said:
Well,no one will have trademarks for these names,but when the 2 pre-order spots are filled for a domain,no matter if it's generic or a trademark,it automatically defaults to say "sunrise only".

If this is true why is everyone else saying "sunrise Period" 1 & 2 are for Trademarks, orginisations, well know company name etc ?

"Landrush" is for people like us. (For the landrush phase we will only accept two pre-registrations per domain, whereas the priority of the first-come-first-served will still be applied. )

Sorry if I sound really thick, I have read so many "terms" in so many different places it is becoming a bit of a blur !

•••
gazzip said:
If this is true why is everyone else saying "sunrise Period" 1 & 2 are for Trademarks, orginisations, well know company name etc ?

"Landrush" is for people like us. (For the landrush phase we will only accept two pre-registrations per domain, whereas the priority of the first-come-first-served will still be applied. )

Sorry if I sound really thick, I have read so many "terms" in so many different places it is becoming a bit of a blur !

I'm sorry,I really don't understand your question but the process is really simple..."Sunrise period" means companies and organizations like sony.eu or BDI.eu can apply for and register thier domains BEFORE the general public.
During this time,if a company can provide documents that they are legally entitled to a domain,this gives them a chance to secure it.This way it helps prevent someone registering "sony.eu" during the landrush,and forcing sony to take legal action to get it.
"Poker","Cruise",etc are not trademarks.No one will apply for them in the sunrise period,it will just be a race for them at the landrush.The fact DD24 has the message "sunrise only" next to these names simply means the 2 pre-registration spots are filled.
When the 2 spots are filled per name,"sunrise only" appears next to it no matter what the domain is.

•••
Dillpup said:
I'm sorry,I really don't understand your question but the process is really simple..."Sunrise period" means companies and organizations like sony.eu or BDI.eu can apply for and register thier domains BEFORE the general public.
During this time,if a company can provide documents that they are legally entitled to a domain,this gives them a chance to secure it.This way it helps prevent someone registering "sony.eu" during the landrush,and forcing sony to take legal action to get it.
"Poker","Cruise",etc are not trademarks.No one will apply for them in the sunrise period,it will just be a race for them at the landrush.The fact DD24 has the message "sunrise only" next to these names simply means the 2 pre-registration spots are filled.
When the 2 spots are filled per name,"sunrise only" appears next to it no matter what the domain is.

All correct. The info is all available on the dd24 eu reg page.

I believe country names are reserved but not sure if that applies to both the english version and the country version eg Germany / Deutschland. Just in case try all - nothing to lose!

Just checked, still worth a try!

http://www.eurid.eu/en/euDomainNames/reservedNames.html#uno

Last edited:
•••
well i dunno but i heard that any registrar offering pre-orders will not be accredited. it's on another thread here, i'll look it up

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back