Dynadot

DD24 for .eu pre reg- opportunity?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
DD24 just dumped all pre reg that had not been confirmed, that left a lot of good names available for pre reg via them, not cheap at 25 euro but a chance to maybe find a little gem.

Good luck

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a word of caution to the folks who are on a 'finacial shoe string' - As Wot says they only take 50% until they have actually reged the name for you, BUT, if they don't manage to reg it they only credit your money back to your DD24 account rather than transfering your money back to your card - fine if you use dd24 all the time, but I don't and got caught with this during the .in pre-reg period (I never pushed too hard though as it was only a couple of hundred dollars but if you go pre-reg crazy ;) thinking you will get your money back I would check with them).

The other thing is (this might just have been me not looking properly) but I couldn't find an 'account balance' on my user panel so I had to keep a manual log - bit strange.

Other than that though, from my experience DD24 are a pretty good registrar (if bit expensive).

:)

•••
auntystatic said:
Just a word of caution to the folks who are on a 'finacial shoe string' - As Wot says they only take 50% until they have actually reged the name for you, BUT, if they don't manage to reg it they only credit your money back to your DD24 account rather than transfering your money back to your card - fine if you use dd24 all the time, but I don't and got caught with this during the .in pre-reg period (I never pushed too hard though as it was only a couple of hundred dollars but if you go pre-reg crazy ;) thinking you will get your money back I would check with them).

The other thing is (this might just have been me not looking properly) but I couldn't find an 'account balance' on my user panel so I had to keep a manual log - bit strange.

Other than that though, from my experience DD24 are a pretty good registrar (if bit expensive).

:)

That's exactly what I am trying to avoid - I don't mind paying $*,*** but only for the .eu domains I got, Thanks for posting this - I think some registers are not that clear with their process.

What you have stated above is enough for me to skip this company,

Many thanks, Auntystatic

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back